Favourite/Least Favourite Armor Sets

Plinkster

Terrarian
What are your favourite/least favourite armor sets? Aesthetics-wise and for set bonus? Why do you (dis)like them?

Aesthetics (here I really just discard most pre-hardmode armors)

Favourite:
1. Palladium - I really like the classical look of this one: horns, medieval tails for the helmet variants. Although orange is far from my favourite colour, it somehow fits my eyes. I'd love a full set of this armor with all helmet variants for vanity.
2. Silver - also a classical look with not too bright colours and a full winged helm. I also like how this armor is dyed - only the golden ornaments (Gold? The recipe doesn't use gold.) change colour with many of the dyes. And silver is like white - it looks well with many colours.
3. Mythril/Spectre Armor with Hood - those hoods give some "mysterious and arcane" hue to the wearer. Otherwise, nothing else specific.

Least Favourite:
1. Shroomite - note that I dislike only the look of this set. The "sci-fi" theme would usually appeal to me, if it wasn't the overly bright blue colour.
2. Molten - the psycho mask of the molten set may look cool to some, but not to me for sure. Add to this some shirt and pants pieces which look plain shirt and pants.
3. Cobalt - not a fan bright colours, especially when they are combined with an otherwise generic design. I don't like how the original hardmode gear looks very generic (and respectively very low-tier) compared to their alternatives. Perhaps Re-Logic was low on design ideas.

Set Bonus
Favourite:
1. Nebula - it spawns collectable power boosts. Need to add anything?
2. Spectre with Hood - for healing effect. I found out I could heal super fast if I spam some meteorites with meteor staff on a big crowd of enemies. Yet, I use this only as a "side armor" when my health has gone low.
3. Shroomite - I don't like how it looks, but there is a vanity slot and dyes, right? Although I am not too good at using the stealth effectively, it can be still a great fun.

Least Favourite:
Chlorophyte - the leaf crystal kills most of the joy from fighting. It is indeed a great armor, but I sometimes remove a piece to get rid of that crystal and actually fight enemies myself.

Share your preferences too!

Last edited:
Least favorite?
Hmmm

Stardust and Solar armors.
Would be good but...
Stardust guardian and solar flare don’t go well with my vanity’s so I have to swap a piece out. Functionality awesome, but screw the not being able to disable the visual effects. (IMO the guardian should just be like a falling stardust fragment that distracts enemy’s. Would be much better.)

Shroomite of course. It's gorgeous and very sleek.

My least favorite is Valhalla because it is both stupid looking and game-breaking.

My personal favourite armor sets are the Shadow Armor, and the Silver armor. They're not only just flat out pretty, but they remind me of my early terraria characters <3

For my least favourites, I'd have to say Mythril. It's always just sorta been boring to me...

My favourites would go for Silver, Frost and Hallowed armor. All for design, Frost for ranged frostburn and it's ice cracking sound after getting hit. And Hallowed for the amazing melee speed.

Least favorite would probably be the Cactus Armor. Seeing how much of an early game meta it has become.

Favorite for vanity would be titanium, but I wear the robot costume as my favorite vanity in general. Just looks nice to me. For set bonus, it would be solar. I build alot and the mobility and ability to nullify mobs is really something I can't disregard.

Least favorite for both is cobalt. For a melee player it's not even as good as molten, so I don't see the need to get it, it's set bonus is as bland as something out of pre-hardmode, and it's still grind-heavy.

Favourite: Frost armor.
It both looks cool and gives you 43 armor, don't forget to mention that this armor is avalible pre-mech bosses. And the frostburn debuff bonus is also cool. And while usual admanite/titanium armor says that you should pick only a 1 class, this armor gives you bonuses for 2 classes!

Least favourite: Pearlwood armor
Do i need to explain? Both looks awful and has no any purpose to exist.

I just wanted to now whats your favorite armor, as mine is the shroomite armor, which for me looks very cool, is my favorite color, and is very futuristic.
Hi @TheAverageTerrarian, I moved your thread (and all replies) into this thread since it’s for the same topic. Let me know if you have any questions by sending me a message HERE.

My favorite armor is Eskimo Armor. `:)

For My Favorite Armors, I like to wear the frost and solar armor, since they both look amazing :cool: and they have awesome set bonuses that skyrocket my melee DPS.
The title for my least favourite armor would go to the cactus and cobalt armors. *gives trophies* as I don't really need to use them and they dont help when fighting bosses. I usually skip over them.

My favourite armor set in every aspect: *spectre armor*
It looks absolutely gorgeous, the set bonus with the hood is one of the most unique things in terraria and the lack of defense balances out the healing which I love, and the fact that there are 2 helmets: one for damage and one for healing is so cool in itself.

I never really though about my least favourite but if I had to pick one: *cobalt armor*
I feel like this is the armor noone ever uses because it gets overshadowed by others at the same stage such as titanium or adamantite. Even if you get palladium on your world you'll be more lucky as the palladium set at least has a useful set bonus.

Back
Top Bottom