Biomes & Nature The wasteland

What you're suggesting doesn't make sense - you aren't presenting your idea in a coherent fashion. Additionally, from what I can tell, you aren't actually suggesting anything new - you're just talking about existing biomes, but mashed up and better. It's 'cursed by the evil', but it has hallow and a town and NPCs living there. It's called the Wasteland despite sounding like one of the most colorful and populated areas in the game, considering the biome clash and an actual prebuilt town with living NPCs. And it's supposed to be there at the start of the game, but it's the most dangerous biome in the game (meaning you can access it long before you'd ever be able to survive it.)

Making enemies form factions that behave differently and may side with you is a pretty hefty addition to the game. I'm not opposed to it, but you haven't given a reason why it's like this in this area. This kind of biome explosion needs a lot more lore to it - there's clearly a story here, but you need to tell it. What is this biome? How did it come about? What happened to the town? Why are the Terrarian biomes so viciously duking it out?

It's a bit crazy to suggest a bunch of new NPCs without even mentioning who they are or what they do.

Overall, you should probably look at other suggestions in these forums to get a better idea of how to focus and present your idea.

No when u break the curse the town will emerge
[doublepost=1563858460,1563858350][/doublepost]~And yknow warfronts despite how colorful is gonna be a wasteland

A town emerging sounds really damaging to builds. What if you built a base there and then the town formed on top of it?

Also, I'm not sure about the locations of the 3 gems. With them being at such edge locations, the player would be encouraged to fly over the biome and dig next to it until they get the gems. Perhaps when you first enter, you learn the location of the first gem, when you find the second gem you learn the location of the third, and these would be scattered instead of at edges and the middle. If you forget, the guide could remind you the locations you've heard.

It will not go through
And actually it would be its misunderstood past
So now the war carried for so long it's a real wasteland,and the town can emerge only if he wants (by putting gem shards from the broken crystals from the curse)
But first it has to be purified
The trees there drop petrified wood,which is better than pearl wood,despite being devoid of human life,it's home to lots of enemies;from every single place,not bosses...(yes even Lizhards)

And the ground is dust,specks of dusty dirt,and has polluted water(stand on its shores it kills you in one hour,so it's basically as polluted as the world's most polluted lake)And the boss there (as hard to kill as moon lord) drops the best materials in terreria(the void set)the description of the armor is "it sucks the life of whoever dare attacks it(cuz it has thorns)" and the sword's description is "it sucks the life of whoever the blade pierced (will give decay and the description of that is "becomes the wasteland" referring to how the wasteland could suffer eternal decay if the player didn't purify it and can only do that after he got:full void set,void tools,and 1000 petrified wood,then he can purify it but keep his stuff)
*i meant enhance not purify*
But he needs these stuff to purify the biome too.
Anyway,the pick's description is "reduces by the touch of the pick"

Anyway I will think of more later!
And I hope the people who don't understand understand

Last edited:
It will not go through blocks
[doublepost=1563945775,1563945747][/doublepost]And actually it would be its misunderstood past
[doublepost=1563945933][/doublepost]So now the war carried for so long it's a real wasteland,and the town can emerge only if he wants (by putting gem shards from the broken crystals from the curse)
[doublepost=1563946003][/doublepost]But first it has to be purified
[doublepost=1563946137][/doublepost]The trees there drop petrified wood,which is better than pearl wood,despite being devoid of human life,it's home to lots of enemies;from every single place,not bosses...(yes even Lizhards)
[doublepost=1563946264][/doublepost]And the ground is dust,specks of dusty dirt,and has polluted water(stand on its shores it kills you in one hour,so it's basically as polluted as the world's most polluted lake)
[doublepost=1563946685][/doublepost]And the boss there (as hard to kill as moon lord) drops the best materials in terreria(the void set)the description of the armor is "it sucks the life of whoever dare attacks it(cuz it has thorns)" and the sword's description is "it sucks the life of whoever the blade pierced (will give decay and the description of that is "becomes the wasteland" referring to how the wasteland could suffer eternal decay if the player didn't purify it and can only do that after he got:full void set,void tools,and 1000 petrified wood,then he can purify it but keep his stuff)
[doublepost=1563946760][/doublepost]*i meant enhance not purify*
[doublepost=1563946799][/doublepost]But he needs these stuff to purify the biome too.
[doublepost=1563946875][/doublepost]Anyway,the pick's description is "reduces by the touch of the pick"
[doublepost=1563947031][/doublepost]Anyway I will think of more later!
[doublepost=1563947057][/doublepost]And I hope the people who don't understand understand

@TheBlueTerrarian

Please do not make multiple posts in a row. If you have more to add to a post, you can use the "edit" button on the bottom left of your post to add more content to your post. Double posting in general should be avoided.

I kind of get it. It’s a decent idea, but the description is what is lacking. To improve this, I would recommend the following:

-Expand on the lore, maybe talk about what ABOUT the war created the wasteland. Who fought in it? WHY did they fight in it?

-Describe, in general, what it would look like. Try building a close(ish) replica of it in-game so everyone has a better idea about it.

-Why would someone want to raise the town? What is so special about this one particular town?

-How do you purify this biome? What materials would you use? What would it convert to?

Try to describe it as if you were there, and you needed to tell others what it’s like? Once you have that taken care of, describe WHY it should be added. WHY would it be a good addition and benefit Terraria?

Ok sooo some people ask how did the war come in the first place?
It was a sunny sunny morning in a world yet to be discovered by a player,when suddenly,the crimson and the hallow each invaded one block of each other,so the spirits were angry and invaded two blocks,then slowly but steadily,it became a full on war with each side,and it was so intense that the wasteland came to be and when the player “releases the spirits of light and dark” it decreases by half the size,so that is how the war came to be

And many people said why should we emerge the town?We already got all the NPCs in our hotel!
It’s because there are NPCs that live only in the town,for example,the blacksmith,who sells ingots you collected once before,or the farmer who sells all plants and seeds whenever wherever or Ben the mayor who sells monocles and crowns and thrones and other luxury items!

And how to purify it?The way you purify other places,purification powder,clemintators,the usual.

The thing is terraria needs a biome that is boring and unspecial,but when u want NPCs that do stuff u want(for example sell jungle seeds for a sky biome) u get to know the biome that you hate and have the power to simply erase it(it only extends three blocks deep)and renew it,and if u want to keep it,you can make a sky biome one that is dangerous,yet perfect for enemy farming (cuz all enimies spawn in and there are traps to help you!)so it is there,but as a sky biome it is (on my opinion) more useful!

Ok sooo some people ask how did the war come in the first place?
It was a sunny sunny morning in a world yet to be discovered by a player,when suddenly,the crimson and the hallow each invaded one block of each other,so the spirits were angry and invaded two blocks,then slowly but steadily,it became a full on war with each side,and it was so intense that the wasteland came to be and when the player “releases the spirits of light and dark” it decreases by half the size,so that is how the war came to be

And many people said why should we emerge the town?We already got all the NPCs in our hotel!
It’s because there are NPCs that live only in the town,for example,the blacksmith,who sells ingots you collected once before,or the farmer who sells all plants and seeds whenever wherever or Ben the mayor who sells monocles and crowns and thrones and other luxury items!

And how to purify it?The way you purify other places,purification powder,clemintators,the usual
[doublepost=1564031248,1564030774][/doublepost]The thing is terraria needs a biome that is boring and unspecial,but when u want NPCs that do stuff u want(for example sell jungle seeds for a sky biome) u get to know the biome that you hate and have the power to simply erase it(it only extends three blocks deep)and renew it,and if u want to keep it,you can make a sky biome one that is dangerous,yet perfect for enemy farming (cuz all enimies spawn in and there are traps to help you!)so it is there,but as a sky biome it is (on my opinion) more useful!

@TheBlueTerrarian

Use the edit button rather than double posting:
2019-07-25 00_00_27-Window.png

It would be best to edit your info into the opening post of your Thread as well.

And for the last question:What biome will it convert to?
It will convert into the biome next to it,let’s say jungle,but it will have incorruptible mud,incorruptible grass,and incorruptible vines
Why?
That’s because it still has dust (who's incorruptibility it not matched by any other) in it so it can’t be corrupted.

And Aurora I did edit it look again
Ohh ok I understand wait
I did it! This is not part of the idea

And for the last question:What biome will it convert to?
It will convert into the biome next to it,let’s say jungle,but it will have incorruptible mud,incorruptible grass,and incorruptible vines
Why?
That’s because it still has dust (who's incorruptibility it not matched by any other) in it so it can’t be corrupted.

And Aurora I did edit it look again
[doublepost=1564031891,1564031755][/doublepost]Ohh ok I understand wait
[doublepost=1564032057][/doublepost]I did it!

I see you have edited it, but you are also still double posting at the same time. We are asking you to not double post and to just edit the post until another member has posted after you.

This just seems like a mash up of every biome in the game, no original enemies, just damage buffs. No new things or blocks, just a weird mash up of things. Imagine every biome block (mud, dirt, hallow stone, etc) in a biome. It’s not gonna look pretty, and gonna trigger some people. The hallow and the evil biome “fight” by trying to take over land. They don’t directly fight.

Back
Top Bottom