Terraria State of the Game - July 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like that is the plan. All content between the current update and 1.3.5 (which includes the party update, desert update, Old One's Army) will be in the next content update which will put it as having the same amount of content as the current PC version. Naturally there's no release date or estimate for this at this time.

Oh boy! That plan sounds very great to follow up! That way, the gap between PC and Console will close dramatically! ~:)

Dear Terraria Community,

Please stop begging for the update. I know you all yearn the update, but coding video games takes a huge amount of time and effort. You should be thankful for how fast Re-Logic can crank out these updates for you. It really is outstanding. This forum has no place for your whining and pleading. @Loki has stated many times over that Re-Logic does not have an official release date, nor does it have an unofficial one. I know this, because I have asked. But those of you who ask multiple times, your behaviour is unacceptable. It clutters up the threads and is all around nonsense. We Terrarians do not want a bad image, so keep our image good by praising Re-Logic, not rushing them and putting them down. If any of you object, so be it. I hope my speech will change most of your ways and keep Terraria's, and Re-Logic's as whole, image.

Sincerely,
@The Steampunk

Dear Terraria Community,

Please stop begging for the update. I know you all yearn the update, but coding video games takes a huge amount of time and effort. You should be thankful for how fast Re-Logic can crank out these updates for you. It really is outstanding. This forum has no place for your whining and pleading. @Loki has stated many times over that Re-Logic does not have an official release date, nor does it have an unofficial one. I know this, because I have asked. But those of you who ask multiple times, your behaviour is unacceptable. It clutters up the threads and is all around nonsense. We Terrarians do not want a bad image, so keep our image good by praising Re-Logic, not rushing them and putting them down. If any of you object, so be it. I hope my speech will change most of your ways and keep Terraria's, and Re-Logic's as whole, image.

Sincerely,
@The Steampunk

this

Dear Terraria Community,

Sincerely,
@The Steampunk
Get over it. It wont stop happening until they get what they want.
Until then, ignore it since anything else you tell people now it wont stop future people from asking. Even tho ive never asked it, this should be a safe place for asking questions. Or yell at everybody its yalls forum anyways

On one hand, yes, its painful. I mean, even my kids hound me for release dates... and if it helps, I don't even tell them. :eek:

On the other hand, if the worst thing Re-Logic has to deal with is that people are so hungry for what we are working on that they mercilessly hound us for when it is coming... well, as they say, there are *FAR* worse problems to have. We take it as passionate support and use it to drive us forward. ;)

I mean, even my kids hound me for release dates... and if it helps, I don't even tell them.
Worst Dad 2019 The good things always come in the future, heh? (Don't your kids have the beta tho?)

Anyways, release date pls good luck with all the progress! Hopefully you guys don't run into another hard-to-get-rid-of bug

As the saying goes, a watched pot never boils.

The same goes for “patience is a virtue,” as well as “good things come to those who wait,” although most people dislike or do not believe in these phrases for being very “cliché.” Good use of a seldom-used phrase! I tip my hat to you.~:)

Last edited:
The same goes for “patience is a virtue,” as well as “good things come to those who wait,” although most people dislike or do not believe in these phrases for being very cliché. ~:)
They're considered cliche because they're widespread, and they're widespread and often used for good reason. Still, I believe they're all valid points and are highly relevant to the current situation.

They're considered cliche because they're widespread, and they're widespread and often used for good reason. Still, I believe they're all valid points and are highly relevant to the current situation.

Exactly! If only (most of) the community would wait without pestering, then working on these updates across all platforms could be smooth sailing for the dev. teams, now if only if it were true... ~:)

Hey Re-Logic! Love your work on Terraria, but I want to get something off of my chest. I recently played a lot of the modded and original versions of terraria, and seen a lot of great community NPC and boss designs within them, as well as music (Not saying your music is horrible, it's actually nice to relax to)! I was wondering if it has crossed any of your minds to ask/hire/commission one or multiple people from popular development teams from popular mods to help in development of future updates and give helpful insight of the original game? For example, asking the development teams of Calamity, Thorium, Tremor, etc for any sort of help? I understand that budgeting for these kind of things can be/is difficult, but I'm just asking if this idea crossed anyone's minds before? Keep up the great work! I can't wait for Journey's End!

(Don't your kids have the beta tho?)

Testflight (for some reason) blocks <13. /shrug

I was wondering if it has crossed any of your minds to ask/hire/commission one or multiple people from popular development teams from popular mods to help in development of future updates and give helpful insight of the original game

I won't speak for the team - but in general, I will just toss out the notion that "making a mod" =/= "making a game" and leave it at that. (that is ***not*** a slam on the amazing modders out there - more just an observation. We LOVE that modders are there to add to the base game for those that want an alternate experience. Seriously, those folks are awesome beyond words. :cool:)

Beyond that, let's just trust in the team that created what we have and move forward from there. ;)

I mean, they technically gave us an “estimate”of the release being “very soon”. It isn’t really an estimate, but it’s enough information for us before they reveal the actual release date. Keep up the great work you have been doing!

The mobile players (such as myself) should (if they haven’t already) try doing an odd class play through that may be difficult to do. This can pass the time between updates. After 1.3 is passed the main difference is controls and content, but the game is the same. If a person is not content with the game as it is now, than the 1.3 may not actually be what they are looking for. Instead try to put what you have to use and have fun with what is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom