Mobile News Update - Online Multiplayer Revealed!

Not about that, as it seems likely that it will release this summer. I’m just a bit disappointed that I won’t be able to jump/fly with the up stick anymore. They should make that a toggle able option.

Not about that, as it seems likely that it will release this summer. I’m just a bit disappointed that I won’t be able to jump/fly with the up stick anymore. They should make that a toggle able option.
You maybe still can!! It’s not out yet, and why else would the movement stick be round?

You can with double tap and hold.

DR is examining ways to make this more fluid and user friendly as well. Stay tuned for more there.

Simple “up to jump” actually creates a lot of conflicts and unintended consequences. That and most folks actually warm up to and enjoy the controls (from my experience and observations) after getting through the learning curve stage. :)

Loki do u know about the grappling method while your grapple is in your inventory I for got how to do it I think you swipe the direction and something else. But will that be removed?
[doublepost=1564299037,1564299017][/doublepost]For mobile btw

Loki do u know about the grappling method while your grapple is in your inventory I for got how to do it I think you swipe the direction and something else. But will that be removed?
[doublepost=1564299037,1564299017][/doublepost]For mobile btw
If you look at the screenshots, you’ll see that there’s a new analog stick for the grappling hook. So I would assume so.

You can with double tap and hold.

DR is examining ways to make this more fluid and user friendly as well. Stay tuned for more there.

Simple “up to jump” actually creates a lot of conflicts and unintended consequences. That and most folks actually warm up to and enjoy the controls (from my experience and observations) after getting through the learning curve stage. :)
Would it be hard to fly and move and attack at the same time?

Will terraria mobile have micro SD card support?
I'm hoping it will because I only get 4 GB on this phone and have a 32 GB sd card

I think the mobile community is more eager for new content than a control revamp. I could see them adding new controls in a future update, but why delay the release of 1.3 on mobile?

I think the mobile community is more eager for new content than a control revamp. I could see them adding new controls in a future update, but why delay the release of 1.3 on mobile?
The 1.3 content is the main bit being tested at this stage, the new controls aren't holding it up.

I think the mobile community is more eager for new content than a control revamp.
i can a assure u that mobile players need this new controls... cuz this old contols is limited and hard to use for some items like.... mounting and dismounting.. cuz u need to have the item in ur 5 slot inventory in mobile phones... using grappling hooks.. sometimes they dont work when swipping... using master ninja gear... u cant use it properly in a fight... soo its useless to get ingame... using potions.. u need a potion in ur limited hotbar... rather than a separate button... i swear everyone will like the new controls and idk why some ppl dont like it buta if u ever played br games like pubg... the game is pretty much like the same in controls... soo we really need this control revamp
I could see them adding new controls in a future update, but why delay the release of 1.3 on mobile?
wdym by mobile is delayed.. if ur talking about why it taked long for them to do that is.. the old devs r busy and working on terraria in different platforms so they cant focus on mobile and they gave it to dr studios this last december and they started from scratch and a few months later... poof.. alpha... another month.. poof.. beta..

Last edited:
i can a assure u that mobile players need this new controls... cuz this old contols is limited and hard to use for some items like.... mounting and dismounting.. cuz u need to have the item in ur 5 slot inventory in mobile phones... using grappling hooks.. sometimes they dont work when swipping... using master ninja gear... u cant use it properly in a fight... soo its useless to get ingame... using potions.. u need a potion in ur limited hotbar... rather than a separate button... i swear everyone will like the new controls and idk why some ppl dont like it buta if u ever played br games like pubg... the game is pretty much like the same in controls... soo we really need this control revamp
Yes you are correct. I myself as a mobile player never used grappling hooks because of the controls. I don’t use them when I play in general, but they’re really good I heard, even in the late game!

I understand the need for new controls, and online multiplayer will be a great feature, I just don’t understand why they can’t be added in separate updates rather than delaying new content.

Back
Top Bottom