Terraria State of the Game - July 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just wondering, how will mobile 1.3 effect battery life? I can normally play 1.2 without a charger for a while but other games just take too much power to run without being plugged in.

So just wondering, how will mobile 1.3 effect battery life? I can normally play 1.2 without a charger for a while but other games just take too much power to run without being plugged in.
It probably won't take much (if even noticeably) more than the previous version. The majority of what the game is doing hasn't changed. Mobile multiplayer is likely more of a drain, though.

Dear @Miku,
You have no rights to decide my mood. I am a very happy person that feels that people can sometimes just need to calm themselves and be patient. It annoys the devs when people constantly nag them to release an update. It makes them feel like they need to work harder and in turn that makes them tired. The devs are humans too, and they deserve breaks. I just think that they deserve rest and do not needs to rush these updates. I'm fine with their current speed and it doesn't need to be any faster. To address the second half of your sentence, I do agree that people can voice their words on these forums. However, some people decide to ignore certain details in announcements and memos, and some ignore them as a whole. These people need to pay more attention, and maybe then they will figure out that there is no release date, instead of pestering the devs. I apologize if I come across to you as 'grumpy'. I find myself a happy, generous young man who gets facetious when provoked.
My Sincerest Apologies,
@The Steampunk

@Witherbeagle:
If you want 1.3 soooo much, buy yourself a console or a PC.
-@TheSteampunk
I don’t want to come off as rude, but some people can’t afford a Console or PC. Also, their PC might not be strong enough, or is weird (like mine). I love the PC version, and when I got it, it was and still is amazing and I find new things whenever I play it! And honestly, I just hate being rude to people.:):joy:
-@Quackinton

Last edited:
I don’t want to come off as rude, but some people can’t afford a Console or PC. Also, their PC might not be strong enough, or is weird (like mine). I love the PC version, and when I got it, it was and still is amazing and I find new things whenever I play it! And honestly, I just hate being rude to people.:):joy:
-@Quackinton
Yes, but mobile phones and tablets are much less expensive than a PC, but more expensive than a game console.
PC: $1000+
Tablet: $700
Phone: $600
Console: $500
Switch: $300
3DS: $150
Old-gen Console: $50-100

Yes, but mobile phones and tablets are much less expensive than a PC, but more expensive than a game console.
True, and thanks for the info! :) I was thinking about the consoles being expensive. I haven’t bought a PC in years and I was unsure. Also, I just got the Skeletron trophy, thanks a lot guys!:merchanthappy:

A PS4 is as expensive as a switch these days (or even less expensive)
And you can get an Xbox for even less
Since phones at those consoles price points aren't usually powerful so a console is definitely a better deal to play Terraria on, especially that touch controls are almost always inferior to controllers

A PS4 is as expensive as a switch these days (or even less expensive)
And you can get an Xbox for even less
Since phones at those consoles price points aren't usually powerful so a console is definitely a better deal to play Terraria on, especially that touch controls are almost always inferior to controllers
Comnplex touch controls always confuse me. That's why I never play Minecraft on my phone.

The team has continued its work integrating the 1.3.5 update to both PS4 & Xbox One, and great progress has been made already! Our QA teams have started functional testing on some of the content we’ve added thus far; which means content included within 1.3.2 through to 1.3.4.
Does this mean nobody is working giving us a working version of the current release?

@thesteampunk most people can’t just “buy a pc or console or pc.” That’s a lot of money to spend on one update for one game. Besides that, some people prefer touch controls and mobile gaming, while this is a minority. Plus, it’s not just 1.3 mobile is getting, the controls are also being overhauled. Pardon the community for being exited for long awaited quality of life updates on their platform.

It probably won't take much (if even noticeably) more than the previous version. The majority of what the game is doing hasn't changed. Mobile multiplayer is likely more of a drain, though.

Not really sure what the standard is vs the current version. I mean, its a pretty demanding game - so it will likely be more taxing than most mobile games.

Does this mean nobody is working giving us a working version of the current release?

As with past waves, I would assume that its both - that some folks are working content, and others are working bugs. This would be doubly the case once Switch catches up to console with 1.3.1... because then both of those teams at PW are really focusing in on the same areas in regards to core content and global bugs.

Team knows there are issues - but "working version"? Come on man, the hyperbole is really over the top. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom