Resolved [Mobile] My crimson desert is broken

Epicfox1024

Terrarian
So, I'm pretty sure something is wrong with my crimson desert. For starters each time crimsand spreads under a cactus it destroys the cactus And doesn't change it to a crimson cactus. And secondly, no dark mummies spawn. Like, during the day there's only slimes and at night the normal hardmode night mobs. Can my world be helped or is it doomed forever. (But for real though can someone help me with this.)

Last edited:
So, I'm pretty sure something is wrong with my crimson desert. For starters each time crimsand spreads under a cactus it destroys the cactus And doesn't change it to a crimson cactus. And secondly, no dark mummies spawn. Like, during the day there's only slimes and at night the normal hardmode night mobs. Can my world be helped or is it doomed forever. (But for real though can someone help me with this.)
Hi @Epicfox1024, welcome to the forums. `:)

In the current version of the mobile game, there is a bug that dark mummies only spawn in Corrupted deserts (not Crimson deserts). As a workaround you can go into a new world, get some ebontone, and bring it back to your main world. Lay down some ebonstone and place sand on top of it. The sand will then turn into a corrupted desert and you can have dark mummies. Just make sure you’ve got the ebonstone and ebonsand quaranteened of from other blocks, otherwise the corruption will spread and continue to spread.

Okay so I guess I’ll use purification powder get ebonrock and pearlstone spray purification powder anywhere (2 platinum is too much money) and finally I’ll have the hallowed desert and corrupt desert!

Hi @Epicfox1024, welcome to the forums. `:)

In the current version of the mobile game, there is a bug that dark mummies only spawn in Corrupted deserts (not Crimson deserts). As a workaround you can go into a new world, get some ebontone, and bring it back to your main world. Lay down some ebonstone and place sand on top of it. The sand will then turn into a corrupted desert and you can have dark mummies. Just make sure you’ve got the ebonstone and ebonsand quaranteened of from other blocks, otherwise the corruption will spread and continue to spread.

Thank you for helping, I got the ebonsand and it worked (but jeez I am unlucky when it comes to getting a corruption world, it took like 3 worlds to get the corruption), sorry I didn't reply sooner I was just so happy to see that someone knew what to do I had to go to my world and get the ebonsand Immediately. But thank you again, your awesome!!!

Last edited:
Ummmmmm but I need a Pearlsand and Ebonsand and I only have one normal desert,which I wanna keep,so I will just convert half the crimson desert to corruption and the other half to hallow.

Hmm, well why not make another desert, a desert only needs to be one block high. So you just need to put a one block high row of sand then put pearlstone under it or over it maybe even in the middle of it. Just make sure the pearlstone dosen't spread so much though your world.

Good point.
Come to think of it I may just get some pearlsand and from my hallowed ocean(it still operates as a normal ocean at least).

Back
Top Bottom