tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

Heya.
So, I got a new PC and I wanna continue developing my mod in it. Is it as simple as moving the source to the new PC or is there something else I have to do?
May be a dumb question buuuut well, I don't wanna end up with two of the same mod or something.

Heya.
So, I got a new PC and I wanna continue developing my mod in it. Is it as simple as moving the source to the new PC or is there something else I have to do?
May be a dumb question buuuut well, I don't wanna end up with two of the same mod or something.
Hi! I think I can answer this. If you don't have any of your files backed up to your new computer already, you may just move the mod and any files you've been working on externally to the new folders. In other words, you just have to move your mod out of the sources folder into the new one on your new computer

Hi! I think I can answer this. If you don't have any of your files backed up to your new computer already, you may just move the mod and any files you've been working on externally to the new folders. In other words, you just have to move your mod out of the sources folder into the new one on your new computer
Ah, it really was simple. Thank you!

err... so I've been trying to revert to vanilla, but... I'm not exactly sure what files I have to delete. There's Terraria.exe and FNa, but there is also a bunch of other things. what do I delete? keep in mind that I plan on switching from vanilla to modded and back from time to time, so is there also a way to have a vanilla version and a modded version that you can choose from when you launch the game? you know kinda like those "play X / play Y" options you have when there are beta branches in games
If you have the steam version of terraria and just want a clean install, you can either reinstall terraria(you won't loose saves) or you can right click terraria in your steam library, go to properties, local files and click verify integrity of game files, which sould give you a clean install of vanilla terraria.
And if you want to install tModLoader side by side to vanilla terraria, you can create a new folder(the simplest location would be in the terraria steam folder or beside it). You can name the folder anything, but tModLoader is the most fitting in my opinion.
Copy the files from the vanilla terraria install to that folder and delete files you don't need(like Vanilla Terraria.exe, TerrariaServer.exe, start-server.bat, etc.).
Then you copy all the files from the tModLoader zip file in the folder(except the installer jar file, because you don't need that after this). You can also rename the Terraria.exe from the tModLoader archive to tModLoader.exe, so you can easily distinguish them.
Finally you go to your steam library and click on "Add a Game", then you coose "Add a Non-Steam Game" and click Browse. Now select the tModloader Executeable you copied previously from the archive to the folder and click "Open". Now you click "Add Selected Programs" and you're done.
Now you have normal Terraria and tModLoader in Steam side by side.

i messed up; instead of copying my terraria files when i was backing them up, i moved them. when i used the installer, i gave me an error message (obviously) but after i copied the files back and tried to install again, the installer told me tMod was already installed. i can't find a way uninstall it, and deleting everything and reloading didn't work either; i even searched all my files for anything the installer loaded elsewhere and deleted that file, but it still didn't work. here's hoping this is fixable!

Using ModConfig stuff, how do I easily manually decide/replace a label at run-time? My specific cases:
- I have a label where I want to take the Int value, turn it into a Float, divide it by two, and display that (so that when the Int is 21, it should show as "ConfigItemA: 10.5" instead of "ConfigItemA: 21" in the configuration page).
- I have a different label where I simply want to add "%" after the Int value (to make it look like a percentage slider, e.g. "ConfigItemB: 40%" instead of "ConfigItemB: 40").

Oh hey, first would like to say, tmodloader is an great tool overall... however, ever since the new version, i have been having problems, whenever i install the new tmodloader, i get xna framework error, i have xna and its just fine, it says my display does not support it etc, it only happens on the new tmodloader, which sucks, sadly, tried everything and it only happens with the new tmodloader.

Attachments

• BglZJZW.png
    BglZJZW.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 234
I have a problem, my npc dont spawn manually, he cant come to the house manually, and when i spawn him he cant move in.
System.DllNotFoundException: Nie można załadować biblioteki DLL 'Microsoft.DiaSymReader.Native.x86.dll': Nie można odnaleźć określonego modułu. (Wyjątek od HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
w Microsoft.DiaSymReader.SymUnmanagedFactory.CreateSymWriter32(Guid& id, Object& symWriter)
w Microsoft.DiaSymReader.SymUnmanagedFactory.CreateObject(Boolean createReader, Boolean useAlternativeLoadPath, Boolean useComRegistry, String& moduleName, Exception& loadException)
w Microsoft.DiaSymReader.SymUnmanagedWriterFactory.CreateWriter(ISymWriterMetadataProvider metadataProvider, SymUnmanagedWriterCreationOptions options)
w Microsoft.Cci.PdbWriter.SetMetadataEmitter(MetadataWriter metadataWriter)
w Microsoft.Cci.PeWriter.WritePeToStream(EmitContext context, CommonMessageProvider messageProvider, Func`1 getPeStream, Func`1 getPortablePdbStreamOpt, PdbWriter nativePdbWriterOpt, String pdbPathOpt, Boolean metadataOnly, Boolean isDeterministic, Boolean emitTestCoverageData, Nullable`1 privateKeyOpt, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
w Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Compilation.SerializePeToStream(CommonPEModuleBuilder moduleBeingBuilt, DiagnosticBag metadataDiagnostics, CommonMessageProvider messageProvider, Func`1 getPeStream, Func`1 getMetadataPeStreamOpt, Func`1 getPortablePdbStreamOpt, PdbWriter nativePdbWriterOpt, String pdbPathOpt, Boolean metadataOnly, Boolean includePrivateMembers, Boolean isDeterministic, Boolean emitTestCoverageData, Nullable`1 privateKeyOpt, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
w Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Compilation.SerializeToPeStream(CommonPEModuleBuilder moduleBeingBuilt, EmitStreamProvider peStreamProvider, EmitStreamProvider metadataPEStreamProvider, EmitStreamProvider pdbStreamProvider, Func`2 testSymWriterFactory, DiagnosticBag diagnostics, Boolean metadataOnly, Boolean includePrivateMembers, Boolean emitTestCoverageData, String pePdbFilePath, Nullable`1 privateKeyOpt, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
w Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Compilation.Emit(Stream peStream, Stream metadataPEStream, Stream pdbStream, Stream xmlDocumentationStream, Stream win32Resources, IEnumerable`1 manifestResources, EmitOptions options, IMethodSymbol debugEntryPoint, Stream sourceLinkStream, IEnumerable`1 embeddedTexts, CompilationTestData testData, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
w Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Compilation.Emit(Stream peStream, Stream pdbStream, Stream xmlDocumentationStream, Stream win32Resources, IEnumerable`1 manifestResources, EmitOptions options, IMethodSymbol debugEntryPoint, Stream sourceLinkStream, IEnumerable`1 embeddedTexts, Stream metadataPEStream, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
w Terraria.ModLoader.RoslynWrapper.Compile(String name, String outputPath, String[] references, String[] files, String[] preprocessorSymbols, Boolean includePdb, Boolean allowUnsafe)
w System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
w System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
w System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
w Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModCompile.RoslynCompile(String name, String outputPath, String[] references, String[] files, String[] preprocessorSymbols, Boolean includePdb, Boolean allowUnsafe)
w Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModCompile.CompileMod(BuildingMod mod, String outputPath, List`1& refMods, Boolean xna)
w Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModCompile.BuildModForPlatform(BuildingMod mod, List`1& refMods, Boolean xna)
w Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModCompile.Build(BuildingMod mod)
w Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModCompile.Build(String modFolder)
w Terraria.ModLoader.UI.DownloadManager.UIBuildModProgress.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<Build>b__0(ModCompile mc)
w Terraria.ModLoader.UI.DownloadManager.UIBuildModProgress.BuildMod(Action`1 buildAction, Boolean reload)
w Terraria.ModLoader.UI.DownloadManager.UIBuildModProgress.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<Build>b__0()
w System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
w System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
w System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecutionContextCallback(Object obj)
w System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
w System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
w System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot)
w System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean bPreventDoubleExecution)
w System.Threading.Tasks.Task.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
w System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
w System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Hi. I think this is the right place to post this, but I'm not sure. I have an issue with TModLoader v0.11.4. What happens is, I have been working on my mod, and I went to compile it use the "Mod Source" button in TModLoader. But instead of bringing me to the compile/build menu, it says "Enable Developer Mode", and "Mod Compile Folder Missing". Anyone know what this is? There isn't any button anywhere that says "Enable Developer Mode". I've looked all over the internet, searched through all the settings I could find, and still, I haven't found it.

Hi. I think this is the right place to post this, but I'm not sure. I have an issue with TModLoader v0.11.4. What happens is, I have been working on my mod, and I went to compile it use the "Mod Source" button in TModLoader. But instead of bringing me to the compile/build menu, it says "Enable Developer Mode", and "Mod Compile Folder Missing". Anyone know what this is? There isn't any button anywhere that says "Enable Developer Mode". I've looked all over the internet, searched through all the settings I could find, and still, I haven't found it.
It should be on the main menu, bottom right corner of the screen if i remember correctly.

Hey guys, I have a question: Is there a way of making a npc name be shown only by his name, not with his type?
I'm asking because It would be really weird to have an npc named "Rococo the Rococo" in the world. Do something like happens in Santa Claus case, which doesn't have a suffix.

when ever i open modded terraria i get a error saying:

An Error has occured while loading

the mod responsible is unknown and tmodloader must be restarted

System.NullRefrenceException: Object refrence not set to an instance of an object.

at Terraria.ModLoader.Modloader.IsEnabled(String modname)

at Terraria.modloader.Core.modorganizer.<>c.<loadMods>b_____8___0(LocalMod Mod)

at system.Linq.Enumerable.WhereArrayIterator'I.MoveNext()

at system.Collections.Generic.list'1..ctor(lEnumerable'l collection)

at system.linq.Enumerable.ToList[Tsource](lEnumerable'l source)

at terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModOrganizer.loadmods(CancellationToken token)

at Terraria.Modloader.Modloader.Load(CancellationToken token)

Fixes ive tried include:

Deleting the config.json file, uninstalling and reinstalling terraria, deleting the most recent mod i downloaded through C:\Users\(Name)\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods.

delete the "enabled.json" file from C:\Users\(Name)\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods. If that doesn't work, delete any duplicate mod you have in there (something like "SpiritMod (2).tmod" or "SpiritMod - Copy.tmod")

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a way to remove the default knockback that all weapons share in pvp or alternatively, giving a modded weapon custom knockback for pvp? Would this be difficult? I've looked through my compile of Terraria and can't seem to find the source code for why this happens. If anyone knows how to get started with this or where to look I would be grateful. :)

A player can either receive knockback (full) or no knockback at all. You could try setting something like target.noKnockback = true; in an OnHitPvP hook

Back
Top Bottom