Terraria State of the Game - July 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cenx, something I'd love to see in 1.4, and I imagine it's fairly minor: Directionality on statues, like we have with chairs? i.e. If a skeleton statue faces left, you can make it face right? If I had to guess, you could just give it the same mechanism that chair placement uses for this. I mean, I'd love to see this on all furniture, but statues are the one example that really stands out, since they exist for the purpose of looking cool (and, in some cases, continuously dropping monsters into lava so we can get rich).

There's a good chance I'm @ing the wrong person with this, and if so, I apologize. I figured it was worth a shot, though. I'm really looking forward to 1.4, and this seemed like a simple QoL suggestion that I'm sure a lot of other people would appreciate, and seems easy enough to implement.
They already confirmed that flipping statues is coming.

Oh. I must've glossed over this when I read the list of upcoming changes. That's good to hear.
DXfzb2J.jpg

A screenshot from the Journey's End spoiler thread. Flipping statues is coming, and I am eager as heck for it. Even though it'll take console another two or three years to get 1.4

I cannot upload my worlds from the Xbox 360, but I can upload characters, is their any particular reason, or is it just me?

When you exit the world, your world and character files are saved.

Also a good time to mention that shutting down the app or device mid-save is unwise.
Or having your battery about to ran out. Charge the battery!!

Maybe the August state of the game will have the release date. We can’t look forward to the update if we don’t know how far forward we have to look:happy:

I have a question: When you craft a weapon, will it have a chance to contain a modifier? Like if I crafted a wooden sword it could become “Sluggish,” “Light,” and others? Also, will the achievements be only for that world, or for the whole device?

Loki, will the buy rate for all items from npc’s be faster, and will we be able to turn on and off auto pause?

I do not know how slow it is now.

Yes, in the settings menu... and autopause only affects when you are in said settings menu, FYI.

I have posted earlier about buy speed and I clocked in 2 minutes for a stack of 999 musket balls.

I cannot upload my worlds from the Xbox 360, but I can upload characters, is their any particular reason, or is it just me?

I'm not sure of the how or why, but I noticed there are 3 reasons why a world will NOT transfer to Xbox one:

1. Any signs.
2. Any tombstones.
3. Any named treasure chests.

I ran into this issue and tested any other world I had that would transfer over, found one, and moved everything onto that world. It took a long time, but it was worth it.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to get a paint added to 1.4 that makes actuated blocks look normal and makes normal blocks lighter/actuated? Would be awesome for builders/ buildings if we could have something that did that kind of thing of not a paint. (My apologies if this is the wrong spot to post this.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom