Terraria State of the Game - July 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if it would be possible to get a paint added to 1.4 that makes actuated blocks look normal and makes normal blocks lighter/actuated? Would be awesome for builders/ buildings if we could have something that did that kind of thing of not a paint. (My apologies if this is the wrong spot to post this.)
Didn’t I tell you to post it here? Player Suggestions

When you exit the world, your world and character files are saved.

Also a good time to mention that shutting down the app or device mid-save is unwise.
I think it would be great if 1.4 revamped the handling of save files so that it's impossible to corrupt saves, even when the save process IS interrupted. I know for a fact that that is possible, as I developed productivity apps many moons ago. Then it was absolutely verboten to corrupt user data for any reason.

Loki, will Guide NPC have an option to check your crafting recipes? As you know in the current mobile version it's impossible.

Yep! I actually even think it might be easier/better with how it works on mobile than even PC. :eek:

I have posted earlier about buy speed and I clocked in 2 minutes for a stack of 999 musket balls.

I just tried in-game. It took 19.3 seconds to buy 999 musket balls.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to get a paint added to 1.4 that makes actuated blocks look normal and makes normal blocks lighter/actuated? Would be awesome for builders/ buildings if we could have something that did that kind of thing of not a paint. (My apologies if this is the wrong spot to post this.)
No, that's not practically possible. Whether a block is actuated or not is not information sent to the tile shader, so unfortunately it wouldn't be able to determine what to do with which block.

It's technically possible, but that would require a vast amount of engine modifications, which I doubt is worth the result.

I have a question. Does anyone know when split screen is coming to Switch? I’m thinking of buying the Switch version for my friend and I to play.

So excited to be able to play both 1.3 mobile and current mobile because I have an iPad 6 gen and an iPad mini 2
[doublepost=1565705444,1565704959][/doublepost]
I just tried in-game. It took 19.3 seconds to buy 999 musket balls.

...Wow that is a huge improvement

When I was watching Terraria 1.3 Mobile stream video, I was wondering if you ever consider changing the look of damage number icon to give it a shape of PC icon? i think PC icon is more clear and lucid. But that's just my thoughts about this ;)

To clarify you mean in game as in 1.3? Or the current mobile version? Maybe my device I use is just slow. I used a stop watch so I didn’t think I messed it up. Although I can’t say that I didn’t make any mistakes. For it is possible to make mistakes.

“I just tried in-game. It took 19.3 seconds to buy 999 musket balls.” [/QUOTE]
[doublepost=1565738530,1565737998][/doublepost]I just now went onto my I pad and bought 1001 bullets and I used a stop watch again to record the buying speed. I guess the “in game” is 1.3. Because it it me around 1 minute and 56 seconds. (I was slow to hit the stop that is why the picture below says 1:57).

Attachments

• 98FF03E2-95E6-457F-A54B-52E2B242D962.png
    98FF03E2-95E6-457F-A54B-52E2B242D962.png
    67 KB · Views: 139
To clarify you mean in game as in 1.3? Or the current mobile version? Maybe my device I use is just slow. I used a stop watch so I didn’t think I messed it up. Although I can’t say that I didn’t make any mistakes. For it is possible to make mistakes.

“I just tried in-game. It took 19.3 seconds to buy 999 musket balls.”
[doublepost=1565738530,1565737998][/doublepost]I just now went onto my I pad and bought 1001 bullets and I used a stop watch again to record the buying speed. I guess the “in game” is 1.3. Because it it me around 1 minute and 56 seconds. (I was slow to hit the stop that is why the picture below says 1:57).[/QUOTE]

Correct, 1.3.

was wondering if you ever consider changing the look of damage number icon to give it a shape of PC icon?

Pretty sure it had the wrong font for a time - but that has since been addressed.

Will souls of night change sprite, and will there still be a manual cursor, or ‘zoom’ cursor be in 1.3?
[doublepost=1565815618,1565815544][/doublepost]Will crafting also be closer to 1.3 love on Xbox and PlayStation, or will it be like mobile’s is right now?

Will souls of night change sprite, and will there still be a manual cursor, or ‘zoom’ cursor be in 1.3?

Souls of Night sprite (along with the other Souls) will have updated sprites, they were updated in the 1.3 version on PC and will be for Mobile as well.

It looks like you zoom in/out with the buttons on the bottom of the screen.

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Sorry, too excited. Off topic question, @Loki, do you like ducks or just love them? The Discord channel was all about ducks today, and even the update is run by ducks, which is epic lol. The answer isn’t more than me of course, nobody loves ducks more than me lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom