Terraria State of the Game - August 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will spawn rates be adjusted to match those on pc? I know chaos elementals are much rarer on mobile than on pc, so will that be fixed?

What’s a chaos elemental? I’m a mobile player BTY.
Chaos Elemental is a really rare enemy found in the underground hallow. It has rare drops of rod of discord (used for teleporting), blessed apple (unicorn mount), and rainbow red (the same as the craftable one)

Spit screen for switch, does that mean you spit on the screen and then theres a second player on that area?
(you made a typo :))
[doublepost=1566088644,1566088450][/doublepost]
I think that they mean that they've gotten done 1.3.2-1.3.4 and still have to get through 1.3.5, don't quote me on that though I'm not up to date on console stuff
EDIT: Oops, someone else replied already, sorry for the spam
1.3.5 has almost no content. It was mainly stuff like 4k support which is already on console versions, plus a few insignifant items and some other device specific stuff.

"spit-Screen"
for reals im ready for the bug- I mean content Thats coming soon for ps4!

Last edited:
Spit screen for switch, does that mean you spit on the screen and then theres a second player on that area?
(you made a typo :))
[doublepost=1566088644,1566088450][/doublepost] 1.3.5 has almost no content. It was mainly stuff like 4k support which is already on console versions, plus a few insignifant items and some other device specific stuff.

No content? I guess you could consider a few furniture sets and dev vanity sets as no content, but I believe it could've still gotten shoved into the next update. Just my opinion.

Chaos Elemental is a really rare enemy found in the underground hallow. It has rare drops of rod of discord (used for teleporting), blessed apple (unicorn mount), and rainbow red (the same as the craftable one)

I wouldn't exactly call them rare... I get dozens of the annoying things when I'm in the Underground Hallow. I've gotten the rod of discord from them, along with more blessed apples than I can count, but what is "rainbow red"? I've never seen that as a drop.

Edit: Oh. You mean rainbow rod. And it's a mobile-specific drop; no wonder I had no clue what you were talking about. And just found out they're much rarer in mobile than they are on console. Now you make more sense

Ye I built a huge farm for the rod of Discord on mobile, and it totally failed because chaos Elementals have super weird and rare spawn mechanics there.

Whereas on console I need multiple minions to avoid being pestered by them whenever I need to do stuff in the underground Hallow (which is fairly often, considering how much Hallow there is in my world...)

No content? I guess you could consider a few furniture sets and dev vanity sets as no content, but I believe it could've still gotten shoved into the next update. Just my opinion.
I would say that it would. However they might as well call the update 1.3.5 then. Maybe there are some other technical things they are waiting for that update to implement? Another possibility is that while they have it caught up with 1.3.4 content, the update will still be called 1.3.5

I don't think that any of the minions really qualify as critters, so maybe critter shampoo is a red herring? I don't see why they'd put it there and not just show the hotbar if that was what was dyeing the minions... Anyway, as someone who usually plays summoner, I am quite ecstatic for this!

Split screen not spit screen @Loki . Lol noticed the typo in the switch info. Not making fun of ya or anything good sir, just aggravatin ya cause you've got a helluva plate full as it is :)

I don't know about you, but my kids' Switch is almost always got some form of.... spit... or something.... on the screen. :eek:

(seriously, thanks for the note)

I believe I'm mistaken, I thought the next update for xbox/PlayStation was 1.3.2-1.3.5? If not it's still fine, I was just confused.

The VAST majority of the in-game content between 1.3.2-1.3.5 is contained within the 1.3.2-1.3.4 updates. 1.3.5 was mostly focused on localization, 4K support, and some UI QOL. So, it makes sense to at least have QA/RL start looking over all of that content stuff now. Heck, even if 1.3.4 were the next update, that would get Console like right up next to parity.

To give one example.... 1.3.4's total item count was 3883.... 1.3.5 tops out at 3929 (just based on item IDs).

Loki, will the bug, where you can't hurt enemies using a Slimy Saddle on Switch, be fixed in the next update?

Not familiar with that one - but will add it to things to check in on.

Will spawn rates be adjusted to match those on pc? I know chaos elementals are much rarer on mobile than on pc, so will that be fixed?

Yes - spawn rates, boss stats, weapon dynamics, all = PC now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom