tModLoader D-MODE: A lightweight RPG Mod

What's your strongest opinion about this mod after playing it or by just reading this?

• It is farly difficult to understand, but I find it interesting and enjoyable.

• It is comprehensible and nicely designed, but I don't find it worth of my attention.

• It's easier to just play it rather than explaining it. Great mod though.

• All things considered, it looks already really good, but it could have a GUI.

• I'm afraid of breaking the game by becoming the ultimate god of Terraria with these upgrades.

• Just another plain, boring RPG mod. There are so much better options than this one.

• You that story right? It sucks to suck. Like your Mod.

• I'm really questioning myself what the heck are these poll answers.

• I know you aren't a real doctor, you silly boy.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Doctor Moonbad

Skeletron Prime
Welcome to D-MODE's official released thread!

Here you can check out what the D-MODE mod is all about and how to play it. Consider this as a mini-wiki. Please also note that the mod is still in it's Beta version, which means that it is playable and compatible with most Mods out there, but bugs are still present and may occur at the least expected moment. My name is Doctor Moonbad, and I'm not really a doctor.

Introduction:

D-MODE is a superbly light RPG mod that implements a bunch of Leveling Systems and Item Upgrades to the game. Here are their following types:

Leveling Systems:

• General Level UP: The main level of the character itself. It determines the Life, Mana and Movement Speed bonuses of the player. It can be increased by collecting Monster Souls or by consuming Soul Boosters.
  • Attribute Level UP: The second most important leveling system. It has four sub-types, one for every main damage class in the game. They determine all the other bonuses not handled by the General Level UP. Each of the attributes can be increased by dealing their respective type of damage, or by consuming Power Crystals.
  • World Level: How hard the world hates the player. Determines how strong enemies are, and when Variants spawn. Can be increased by killing a bunch of weak enemies or a few strong ones.

Item Upgrades:
  • Skill: The simplest form of upgrade. It is obligatory for most items that can be used as a weapon, and can be applied with a Tome of Ownership. Once the tome is applied, the item will only be usable by it's owner, but the more it is used, the greater it's Use Speed and Knockback will be, and armor pieces will receive a Movement Speed bonus when equipped. The ownership can be nullified with an Ownership Nullifier. Can also be increased with Green Orbs.
  • Quality: The most direct form of upgrade. Can be applied with an Upgrade Gem. It increases the Damage and the Critical Strike Chance of weapons, and the Defense of armor pieces. It can be applied endlessly, although critical strike chance bonuses have a maximum value.
  • Infusion: The most expensive form of upgrade. Can be applied with an Infusion Gem, and can be upgraded with Red Orbs. It unlocks powerful, unique Passive Effects.

Basic definitions:

Applying the upgrades:
To apply an upgrade to an item, such as a Tome of Ownership or an Upgrade Gem, first put the desired item on your character's Hotbar. Then, select the item by holding it on your character's hand without taking it out of your inventory. Finally, Right-Click the upgrade, and it's all done.

Enemy Drops:
  • All enemies may drop Green Orbs, Red Orbs, Destiny Boxes, while also spawning a Monster Soul.
  • 0-4 Green Orbs will drop per enemy, depending on their level, while Red Orbs will always drop, but only one per enemy.
  • Destiny Boxes are more rare and only are guaranteed to be dropped by Bosses and Variants. They contain a random amount of Precious Gems, Obsidian and Green Orbs. Every time one is opened, the player gets a number of Amber Points depending on the amount of loot he earned; when this points reach 100, the player receives an Amber.
  • A Monster Soul looks like a flying ball of sparkles. Every time an enemy dies, it spawns with a Soul Value proportional to the monster's strength. It will automatically seek the player responsible for the kill, and once it reaches the player it is absorbed by him / her.

Initial Items:
Every player created while D-MODE is active receives a D-Heart and 20 Tomes of Ownership.

The D-Heart has the player stats displayed on it's tool-tips, and it is used to perform Total Resets on Expert Mode Worlds.

Useful Items:
  • Amber Key: Opens 50 Destiny Boxes over a short time-span. It's effect can't be stacked.
  • Ring of Convergence: Converts good part of the experience from less used attributes into the most used one.
  • Soul Booster: Instantly spawns a Monster Soul with a Soul Value proportional to the player's maximum life.
Advanced Definitions:

Normal Worlds:
Players can level endlessly with no pauses, and become the almighty god of Terraria. The only real limit is your PC.

Expert Mode Worlds:
In Expert Mode, things change a lot. The player can no longer Level UP without any limits, although the limit itself can be increased periodically, with a Total Reset, which is only available when a player has, simultaneously, more or equal than 8 Attribute Points and General Levels. Performing a Total Reset increases the maximum capacity of Attribute Points and General Level UPs by 4, while also rewarding the Player with a quantity of Destiny Points proportional to the amount of Attribute Points and General Levels sacrificed.

These Destiny Points increase the effectiveness of the bonuses of all Attributes by a small percentage. To perform a Total Reset, just Right-Click-Use a D-Heart.

Variants:
These are rare, tougher versions of the regular monsters that the player can find. There are 3 Types:

Boss:
- Maximum Life greatly increased.
- Defense increased.
- Damage increased.
- Size increased.
- Immune to Knock-back.

Shadow:
- Maximum Life increased.
- Defense greatly increased.
- Damage greatly increased.
- Hard to be seen when it's dark.
- Spawns a Shadow Appendage the first time it is damaged.
- Applies Death's Grasp when hitting an enemy.

Shadow Boss:
- Yes, you heard it right. I know what you are thinking.

Shadow Orbs:
Dropped by Shadow Variants. Slightly increases the player's On-Hit Damage (Damage processed upon hitting an enemy, not used by the game's Damage Classes) for each unit inside the player's inventory, but also reduces the player's Maximum Life and Defense.

Shadow Appendage:
Spawned by Shadow Variants. They keep attached around a host while killing it at the same time, and will always try to get close to the player in this state. When it's host is killed, it will start rushing at the player with high velocity every half a second. It has a high Attack Damage and moderate Defense.

Pain, Broken Bones and Death's Grasp:
These are some new Debuffs that are inflicted on special cases:

• Pain: Reduces the player's On-Hit Damage by a ton. Randomly and briefly inflicted when with low life, and permanently inflicted when with critical life.
  • Broken Bones: Negates the player's Movement Speed bonuses, Randomly and briefly inflicts Bleeding, and Bleeding deals damage over time. Applied by enemies with a low chance. Chance of being inflicted can be reduced by acquiring more Defense.
  • Death's Grasp: Deals massive damage over time to healthy targets, but low damage against near-death targets. Applied by Shadow Variants.
Infusion: extremely complex, will be explained soon.

Bugs and Weird interactions:
  • Moonlord can't have any levels (unknown reason).
  • Enemies with Multiple Forms, like Spiders, can have their stats randomized every single time they change forms. My theory is that the game considers the 2 forms separate NPCs.
You can also check out the mod's Discord Server Here: Join the D-MODE Discord Server!
There you will find the most recent updates and news about the mod, and you'll be able to contribute to the mod by writing bug reports, adding suggestions, helping other users, so on and so forth. You can use the Brave Browser to send me some BAT if you liked the mod. Don't forget that the mod will always be available at the Mod Browser.

Direct MEGA link (free of ads):

Source Code MEGA link (free of ads):

Grazodia is instead being made for Terraria because there's no fun in modding Minecraft, because the Forge API simply hates my guts. You can find it's WIP page here:
- tModLoader - [Remake] The Legend of Grazodia

Finally, much thanks for all of you, people that incentivized me, for helping me reach this stage of development. I wouldn't have done it without your support and endearment.

Hall of Fame:
  • DY1ANDOGG: Funder and Senior Helper. Always test stuff and finds bugs for the mod.
  • Jopojelly: Always helps me with my doubts about coding with TModLoader. He's a beast in programming.
  • absoluteAquarian: Also helped a lot. He's also a beast in programming.
  • ☆Spark: A very active Helper.
  • Sume: Helps me find bugs. Warned me about the multiplayer incompatibilities.

Last edited:
Hey, could you give more info to us? Seems pretty good.

Also make direct download so I can see it.

Best of luck and I will be you beta-tester!

Page updated today. Go read it all!
[doublepost=1566873289,1566873249][/doublepost]
Hey, could you give more info to us? Seems pretty good.

Also make direct download so I can see it.

Best of luck and I will be you beta-tester!

You can join the mod's Discord Server! I will keep updating this page until everything is explained.

this :red:ing mod loader don't work
[doublepost=1566873313,1566873294][/doublepost]:red:
[doublepost=1566873330][/doublepost]whats with the gay face?

Page updated today. Go read it all!
[doublepost=1566873289,1566873249][/doublepost]

You can join the mod's Discord Server! I will keep updating this page until everything is explained.
I'm sorry, but I can't make it to the Discord server, if you were so kind to place here an direct download link...
I can't join to Discord cause my phone doesn't allow it;(

Keep the good work up, I've been seeing some reviews of the mod and looks good. Don't haste with the manual download, I believe you can make an github release that will best previous versions.
[doublepost=1566967361,1566967306][/doublepost]Also, don't sell yourself to Minecraft, please.

Keep the good work up, I've been seeing some reviews of the mod and looks good. Don't haste with the manual download, I believe you can make an github release that will best previous versions.
[doublepost=1566967361,1566967306][/doublepost]Also, don't sell yourself to Minecraft, please.

I see. If that's the issue then I'll put it here. Also, I did not sell myself to Minecraft, I play it since it's 1.8 beta release, so I'm an old fan, almost the same with Terraria.
[doublepost=1567016380][/doublepost]

Also, where are these reviews? I really want to watch them.

WUBBA LUBBA DAB DaB, lick-lick-lick mah ballz,
This an suggestion for the mod, don't question from where it came from, I would appreciate that.

im not talking about a person im talking about this >>>>>>>> :red:
That's the face of the Terraria developer...

@topic I found quite interesting part of the ideas for the mod, I was going to try but, the only problem is... Welll... Does the World Level means that one can't play the same world with more than one character? Because since it makes the world harder, that makes it impossible to play with a secondary and less powerful character?

Hi! I find the mod quite intriguing since I'm a fan of these leveling systems.
However, I can't use any weapons until I use a Tome of Ownership on them. Is this really part of the mod or is it a bug?
Also my game crashed when I tried to use the same tome once, I think I accidentally clicked an empty space.

So far I only have these mods enabled while testing your mod:
  • D-MODE
  • HERO's Mod
  • Example Mod
  • WMITF

Back
Top Bottom