Resolved [Mobile] Terraria mobile 1.3: Screen is pink i can only hear main menu music

the title speaks for itself.
Can you provide more info please, such as a screenshot or video, what type of device you're using, is your device jailbroken, do you have any superstacks (items that stack to more than the normal limit, normally gotten off of "all item worlds"), etc. The more info you give, the easier it can be for others to help. :)

Can you provide more info please, such as a screenshot or video, what type of device you're using, is your device jailbroken, do you have any superstacks (items that stack to more than the normal limit, normally gotten off of "all item worlds"), etc. The more info you give, the easier it can be for others to help. :)
i uploaded a screenshot of what my screen looks like and all my worlds / characters are normal ones (i played with them i didn't download them) i also uploaded a screenshot of my phone's system info

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-27-15-56-16[1].png
    Screenshot_2019-08-27-15-56-16[1].png
    4.2 KB · Views: 462
  • Screenshot_2019-08-27-16-03-13[1].png
    Screenshot_2019-08-27-16-03-13[1].png
    107 KB · Views: 477
i uploaded a screenshot of what my screen looks like and all my worlds / characters are normal ones (i played with them i didn't download them) i also uploaded a screenshot of my phone's system info
Was it working fine before the update? Were there any changes or updates to your phone after last playing the old version and then updating to the new version?

I suggest sending in all your info, and be as detailed as possible (they can't know what's going on if you don't tell them every little thing) straight to the development team here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

You likely will not get an answer, they can't answer everyone individually, but they look over every report that comes through that form.

Was it working fine before the update? Were there any changes or updates to your phone after last playing the old version and then updating to the new version?

I suggest sending in all your info, and be as detailed as possible (they can't know what's going on if you don't tell them every little thing) straight to the development team here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

You likely will not get an answer, they can't answer everyone individually, but they look over every report that comes through that form.
it was working fine before the update i'll report it there too

Sorry to say that, but it seems, your device (P8 Lite) only supports OpenGL ES 2.0, while OpenGL ES 3 is a requirement for Terraria 1.3. This is probably the reason why you (and a lot of other users) are only seeing a pink screen with the new version. :( However, the game shouldn't have updated itself in this case at all...

Sorry to say that, but it seems, your device (P8 Lite) only supports OpenGL ES 2.0, while OpenGL ES 3 is a requirement for Terraria 1.3. This is probably the reason why you (and a lot of other users) are only seeing a pink screen with the new version. :( However, the game shouldn't have updated itself in this case at all...
Good eye @NewRaven, thanks! That's what happening. If the P8 Lite was jailbroken it could bypass the restriction and still update, but correct that it should've been restricted from updating.

I experience the same problem. The only thing my device doesn't support that's required is OpenGL ES 3.0. Hopefully they will find a way to let our devices support 1.3 :)

Ok next 3 months and u people didn't do anything for pinkk screen
If you’re on Android and are experiencing a pink screen after updating to 1.3 Terraria, it is because the Android device doesn’t meet the technical requirements, and wasn’t slated to receive the update, but the update was side-loaded onto the sub-spec device anyway. So there’s not going to be a fix for something that was forced onto a device that can’t handle the update.

You’re seeing the results - the device can’t handle the update, the device was barred from getting the update, but you loaded the update onto the device anyway.

Back
Top Bottom