Resolved [Mobile] Cannot connect to pc hosted mobile server

Kalenz

Terrarian
Hey there, I've gone through all of the instructions for how to set up a pc hosted mobile server and even set up port forwarding on my router but neither me nor my brother can connect to it via IP. It just says connecting to [IP] forever. What am I missing?

I've dealt with about 4 cases that had to do with Windows Firewall blocking communication to the server. First thing I would try is to close down the server then follow the instructions below:

Okay so here's a guide for all versions of Windows. Keep in mind I do not recommend keeping Windows Firewall disabled, we're just testing it to see if that's what's blocking access. How to Disable the Windows Firewall Once the firewall is off you'll need to see if someone can connect.

If it does work then do this: Go back to the general firewall settings turn on the firewall and then on the left you should see "allow an app through the firewall". Click it. Now click the "Allow Another App" button and browse to the TerrariaServer file. Then make sure you can still connect.

Thanks for the quick response! I actually thought this may be the issue earlier so I added the terrariaserver file through the firewall.

I did just go back in though to turn all the firewalls off again and tried to connect and I'm still not getting through.

Okay and you and your brother are on the same network as the pc correct? All of you are on the same network?

No, he is on the other side of the country so I am just trying to host a mobile server on my PC that will be running 24/7 for us to play in

Okay but you are on the same network as the PC correct? If so you'll need to enter in the internal IPV4 of the PC (found by pressing Windows+R typing cmd, then entering in ipconfig into the command prompt)

However your brother will need to enter in the external IP which you can find by visiting this site: What Is My IP Address? IP Address Tools and More when on the same network as the PC hosting the server.

ok I can get into it with my internal IP but he still can't get in.

So then most likely something about the port forwarding is wrong. In a PM send me screenshots of your port forwarding setup and the command prompt after using ipconfig.

Im also having the same issue of not being able to connect to a PC hosted server. Was the problem every fixed?

I've been working on it with them, they have some complications we're working to resolve but I have fixed the issue for countless others. So first of all do you know the person who's hosting? I will most likely need to work with them to make sure they have port forwarded correctly.

Has the problem been fixed? I am having the same problem where I can join the pc hosted server, but when I try to get a friend to join online It just stays connecting. What IP address are you supposed to use?

The original poster hasn't replied back in a fair bit, but kosmoslayers problem was resolved. Keep in mind that hosting an online server requires you to port forward. I will send you a PM and walk you through it.

Edit: We solved the issue for MoTK. They had a cascading router (a router receiving an internal IP address from another router.) which required an extra set of port forwarding settings on the primary router.

Last edited:
I also need help, i am in the same situation as the first person, and i am also having the same problems, can you please help me when you get the chance?

Back
Top Bottom