Mobile Terrarians Assemble! Mobile 1.3 Launches Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This question is for my friend: is terraria mobile available on the cherry mobile phone. This phone is from the Philippines

This question is for my friend: is terraria mobile available on the cherry mobile phone. This phone is from the Philippines

That would depend on what model of the cherry phone theirs is, most likely if they do not see it in the app store then they don't meet the requirements for the game.

I didn't even realize this was a bug until I decided to check it's drops on the wiki but I have Medusas spawning in my pre-hardmode world's I've even killed a few

I tried to play for a few hours but I really can not get to the controls, especially when fighting to jump.

It's a shame to have released the update without the support of controller, the game is unplayable and I will still have to wait ...

I tried to play for a few hours but I really can not get to the controls, especially when fighting to jump.

It's a shame to have released the update without the support of controller, the game is unplayable and I will still have to wait ...
did you start a new world and character? If not please do. And play for atleast 3 hours in this character. Then try your old character and world. You will see a improvement.

Ah, the question of the year, just as I expected! ~:p

1.3.1 will likely be announced once DR Studios finishes debugging the current version of Terraria, while dealing with custom control mechanics to make (hopefully) everyone happy. Expect a few months from now before it is announced, the demand for custom control mechanics is currently on fire! ~:confused:

Fixes first. First wave out already, second very soon... and then we see how many more are needed.

After that will be Controller Support and Customizations to really get the controls locked into their "final" form.

Then we will get into content. We won't be sharing plans there yet - we need to focus on what is right it front of us first. :)

Why the water in 1.3 mobile update is not updated In mine is just like the old graphics of 1.2 sorry for wrong grammar Plss answer my question :sigh::sigh:

The new water surface effects didn't come to PC until 1.3.4; the mobile update today is just at PC 1.3.0.7-level.

They should be coming to mobile in time, please be patient a little longer.

Adding to this, you are on Trippy lighting. There were some earlier water improvements on PC, but they do not apply to all lighting modes, including Trippy. We will be exploring other light modes later on, but these may be limited to higher end devices.

Hey Loki what about the specs

I don't have access to that to make any edits. @Neviskio ?

Hi, I was so mad on you for this new "movement" in game. Why the hell you remove UP button for fly/jump and make it separate? What sick mind do it? It's impossible on Tablet for moving, flying and shooting on same time!!!
I was thinking about refund on this app from app store, and have my money back, because I can't play now!!
Please FIX this stupid movement in game or I'll refund this game by App Store.

Very mad costumer: Gery

Additional Jump options for Left Stick are coming with the next fix wave for those unwilling to or struggling with transitioning to the new controls. One of those options will be the old up-to-jump. Autoswing will be coming as a non-default option as well.

I'm mad because I can't play now. Take a look on this picture below, it is solution for all my problems:
61630e51a65cf6790b04e1f54a920506-full.png

You cannot currently do this. However, we are planning on additional customization options later on - after we get fixes done from launch.

Hi,

I bought this game a while ago. It was great. Then update 1.3 came with these new much worse controls. It's unplayable, it's also impossible to go back to the previous version. So I can't use the product I bought.

Can I get a refund? Where should I ask for the refund? (the play store tells me to ask 505games but they tell me to ask on the playstore) Or at least a way to have a usable working version of the game, by that I mean the old version with working controls.

Thanks.

See above in regards to coming control tweaks/options coming soon... or take the time to adapt and adjust... or both.

I would say it is highly unlikely that you are going to get a refund on a game you have had and played for a good long while. That said, you would need to take that up with 505 Games Customer Service.

Ok. Thanks for informing me! Btw, is there a way to patch down to 1.3.0.7 on computer? Or at least what type of programing language does game saves use? I might want to find a way to export our pc saves to mobile and play them. And I will accept risk of editing them. :)

Not in any legitimate fashion - which should be your first red flag. To be crystal clear for anyone doing/attempting this. If you have any issues, lose your saves, break your PC or Mobile version, etc. - you are completely and entirely on your own. This may be technically possible, these things, but they are not supported in any fashion at this time. We understand the interest, but we have to be very clear on the risks and consequences. :)

for mobile can you add support for 120 fps or 240 fps or 90fps for 90hz etc displays? Thanks! @Loki

That is something I would term as "very low priority" at the current time. Thanks for the interest, though. We just have a ton of things higher up the list at this time.

I don’t get at all MultiPlayer At all. I almost got a virus JUST TO GAME WITH MY FRIENDS come on I looked at help and I still don’t have a server help @Loki

What did you get a virus from? Certainly not anything you used within the confines of the game or server app. If you are clicking on random links or using third party software, then we have no way to help you there. There is a Guide to Multiplayer setup linked in the OP of this thread.

Is there going to be a version of the Terraria Mobile server that can run on Linux? Wine isn't working :/

Not yet. Complications arose with the server app for mac/linux and we did not want to delay launch for this. Stay tuned.

Yeah...so after playing for awhile with the new controls, they are ok, but still annoyingly bad at some points.

Apparently you can double tap up on the left stick to jump? Otherwise you need to jump first before attacking since its impossible to hold down an autoswing weapon and jump without stopping the weapon swing... Minor annoyance, but man i would much rather be able to just move the left stick up to jump.. after the initial knee jerk, i could probably get used to using the double tapping left stick to jump, but it is so awkward right now... And i didnt even know you could do that until it happened accidentally. If people want to flame me for not watching or reading a tutorial, sorry, i didnt think basic movement functions would be complex enough to require one.

Ive had my weapon just randomly switch to a torch, or just randomly stop swinging because i accidentally bumped the "aim only" button... Then i die because it takes a second to figure out why i just randomly stopped attacking.

The aim only toggle should be way further away from the left stick.

Also, i understand that you werent really ever intended to be able to see crafting recipes.... But making it so you cant even see recipes youve learned? The crafting menu only lets you see what you have the materials for, and only if you are in a close enough vicinity to the appropriate station? What a stupid change. I cant even figure out what materials i should be trying to get in game?

Stop pretending you dont know the internet exists... Making people just go google recipes instead of being able to see them how they could before is an update that really only makes the available in game options annoyingly less convenient or efficient.

The recipe dynamic was another of Codeglue's "changes" that are not a part of the core game design in any way, shape, or form. The Guide is there for you to discover what all is possible from what materials you obtain. As for common recipes, well - memory of at least one ingredient will get you able to check with the Guide to jog your memory at worst. I'm sorry you disagree with that design decision, but that is the intended design.

As for button movement, more customization options are coming down the road.

Also, the crashes mean I’m losing a lot of progress, whether it be building arenas, houses or beating bosses. It’s just plain annoying. I’m kinda hoping that it’s just a kink that needs to be worked out since I have what’s said to be the optimal device for playing 1.3

So that I am clear, you are hosting a large world with how many players? Or are you saying you are crashing in Single Player? @Neviskio FYI on this one.

How can I change items without having to open my inventory screen, it’s really annoying

I'm not sure what you mean? You have a 10 slot hotbar. Outside of that, yes you need to go into inventory to swap items around. Not sure how else that could ever work. :p

I didn't even realize this was a bug until I decided to check it's drops on the wiki but I have Medusas spawning in my pre-hardmode world's I've even killed a few

Medusa was still a pre-HM enemy on 1.3. This is not a bug.

DR Studios made the game playable after the hotfix: They made optimizations wich made the game way less laggy. But generally my game runs under 25 FPS, wich is a shame considering my device has 2 GBs of RAM and snapdragon 617. Guess i'll have to wait for the next hotfix rooting it's bring new game optimizations to make it less lag. And the propagation of ilumination is still slow and laggy. And the controls. Ah, the controls. Even if they made optimizations to the game and made it run at least 30+ all the time i still can't play because controls. Well, almost 4 years of wait just to NOT play the game lol.
Waiting for optimizations and Auto-swing and left joy-stick to fly.(I know i can double tap the left joy-stick to fly but it's just idiot having to double tap every time i want fly)

I wonder.. once 1.3 comes to amazon, will it come to the fire TV version? (Pretty much just the mobile version) That would be quite an experience, and I happen to have that version

Here's the thing. DR Studios weren't implmenting the game for 4 years if you remmeber. They got the project less than year ago. (If i am not mistaken.) So telling that waited 4 years and got crap is unfair from your side. ( No offense)
My point of view is this. Other Game development studios tried to implement the 1.3 and failed. DR Studio did implement it and delivered the finished work ( In less than 1 year. Again i think it's around 1 year. )

So they did what others couldn't. So be happy with it. No program or game is bugless. (Even a AAA game like Witcher3 had bugs. Even Dark Souls 3 had bugs and huge issues) So blaming the developers for the control scheme is not considerate from your part.

Think of it in this way. Now all the 1.3 contents are in the game. Bugs can be crushed and fixed. Eventually it is going to be. So be patient. The fixes will come. Programming is not easy. Fixing bugs is even harder. If Terraria was an iOS game the bugs will be little easier to fix. Because the Hardware and software is same in every region and in every device in its kind. But when the Android platform is added to the mix the things get much worse. Because there are thousands of combinations of different GPU,CPU,RAM and OS.

As a Mobile app developer i know how the bugs are goning to get fixed and how much work that needs to be done in order to fix a single bug. Thing is not to introduce new bugs by fixing a bug. That is really hard and time consuming. As Players of Terraria we need to appriciate DR Studio for giving us the content of 1.3 and be patient till they roll out the bug fixes.

You only think about your bug and issues. But the developers need to think this through. They need to fix every ones bug. That's not easy and most of the people here also will not understand either.

So if someone is reading this post who is having crashes or bugs please think this. Report the bugs. Be patient DR Studio will deliver.

Blaming developers will not achieve anything.

Here's the thing. DR Studios weren't implmenting the game for 4 years if you remmeber. They got the project less than year ago. (If i am not mistaken.) So telling that waited 4 years and got crap is unfair from your side. ( No offense)
My point of view is this. Other Game development studios tried to implement the 1.3 and failed. DR Studio did implement it and delivered the finished work ( In less than 1 year. Again i think it's around 1 year. )

So they did what others couldn't. So be happy with it. No program or game is bugless. (Even a AAA game like Witcher3 had bugs. Even Dark Souls 3 had bugs and huge issues) So blaming the developers for the control scheme is not considerate from your part.

Think of it in this way. Now all the 1.3 contents are in the game. Bugs can be crushed and fixed. Eventually it is going to be. So be patient. The fixes will come. Programming is not easy. Fixing bugs is even harder. If Terraria was an iOS game the bugs will be little easier to fix. Because the Hardware and software is same in every region and in every device in its kind. But when the Android platform is added to the mix the things get much worse. Because there are thousands of combinations of different GPU,CPU,RAM and OS.

As a Mobile app developer i know how the bugs are goning to get fixed and how much work that needs to be done in order to fix a single bug. Thing is not to introduce new bugs by fixing a bug. That is really hard and time consuming. As Players of Terraria we need to appriciate DR Studio for giving us the content of 1.3 and be patient till they roll out the bug fixes.

You only think about your bug and issues. But the developers need to think this through. They need to fix every ones bug. That's not easy and most of the people here also will not understand either.

So if someone is reading this post who is having crashes or bugs please think this. Report the bugs. Be patient DR Studio will deliver.

Blaming developers will not achieve anything.

First of all: I know DR studios weren't present in the development of the 1.3 mobile since 1 year ago. But it doesn't change the fact that i waited 1.3 to mobile since 1.3 launch on PC ;)

2°: be happy with what i got? How can i be happy with the game that I can't play? I would like an explanation from you :)

3°: Controls just worked on the 1.2, so why change it all? They could've just add the new controls as a option. Would be an absolute win.

4°: Bugs? Who's talking about bugs? I didn't had any bug til now. And yeah, i know they gonna fix the lag and controls at some point. So what? I can assure you i'm a really patience guy, otherwise i wouldn't wait 4 years for 1.3 mobile :)

Ofc i'm gonna wait they clean all the mess they made on 1.3. I was just expressing my frustration with the new update.

Above all of that, if you really read my post wich you replied first, you would see that i'm giving good criticism about optimizations and the game in generally. I'm not just spamming: "Omg this update suxx pp the controls are TRASH and it laggs like hell fix your game or i will commit not alive".

Last edited:
You know, DR studios thank you so much. I am on an iphone 8 plus and have not experienced any problems! You guys are the best, and now I have hope for 1.4 to come to mobile one day!

First of all: I know DR studios weren't present in the development of the 1.3 mobile since 1 year ago. But it doesn't change the fact that i waited 1.3 to mobile since 1.3 launch on PC ;)

2°: be happy with what i got? How can i be happy with the game that I can't play? I would like an explanation from you :)

3°: Controls just worked on the 1.2, so why change it all? They could've just add the new controls as a option. Would be an absolutely win.

4°: Bugs? Who's talking about bugs? I didn't had any bug til now. And yeah, i know they gonna fix the lag and controls at some point. So what? I can assure you i'm a really patience guy, otherwise i wouldn't wait 4 years for 1.3 mobile :)

Ofc i'm gonna wait they clean all the mess they made on 1.3. I was just expressing my frustration with the new update.

Above all of that, if you really read my post wich you replied first, you would see that i'm giving good criticism about optimizations and the game in generally. I'm not just spamming: "Omg this update suxx pp the controls are TRASH and it laggs like hell fix your game or i will commit not alive".
Sorry i didn't wanted to quote you.That's why i removed it as soon as i figure out that i have quoted someone. Sorry about that. I didn't want to direct anything at you or to anyone else.

1. :)
2. Sorry to hear that. i wasn't directing my post to you.
4. :)

sorry about that quoting you. it wasn't meant for you directly.

Sorry i didn't wanted to quote you.That's why i removed it as soon as i figure out that i have quoted someone. Sorry about that. I didn't want to direct anything at you or to anyone else.

1. :)
2. Sorry to hear that. i wasn't directing my post to you.
4. :)

sorry about that quoting you. it wasn't meant for you directly.

I'm absolutely believing it.:)

Just unlocked hardmode but the game was so laggy so I just went back to the menu to save and reset the game, and I just saw "Setting hard mode" instead of "Saving world data" so I thought that the world wasn't saved. Spoiler: I was right. When I tried to open the world again it said "Setting hard mode" again and the game crashed. The world didn't save so it still pre-hardmode, but my character has been saved so I have the hammer. Anyway, is this a known bug or should I report it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190902-160559_Terraria.png
    Screenshot_20190902-160559_Terraria.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Just unlocked hardmode but the game was so laggy so I just went back to the menu to save and reset the game, and I just saw "Setting hard mode" instead of "Saving world data" so I thought that the world wasn't saved. Spoiler: I was right. When I tried to open the world again it said "Setting hard mode" again and the game crashed. The world didn't save so it still pre-hardmode, but my character has been saved so I have the hammer. Anyway, is this a known bug or should I report it?
After killing the Wall of Flesh, you need to stay in the world (not paused) until you see the message about the ancient spirits awakening. This might take several minutes for some devices. Until you see that message, the world isn't properly in hard mode. If you leave before then, then you're not in hardmode.

I think you can kill WoF again and wait until the message appears, but I'm not positive about that. This has been reported, but it doesn't hurt if you report it again. Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

If you (or anyone) are encountering performance issues ("lag"), try shutting down other apps that are in the background. Terraria is a beefy game on any platform, it consumes a lot of resources.

Alright I will give it a try later. And report of course. Thanks.

About performance I always kill the most background apps as possible and overclock everything to run the game the most smooth as possible. I wonder if unlocking hardmode has something to do with the performance, or maybe it's just my mid-end device, who knows `:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom