Humorous 1000 Fun Facts

Fact 1097: Prior to the space race, one concept (named Project Orion) for launching a rocket into space was to put it on top of some atomic bombs and then detonate the bombs. And it was taken pretty seriously.

Fact 1096: For some reason or another (presumably double posts like this one), this thread reached its 1000th fact on the 915th post. Since then, there have been 187 confused posts, with some counting up, some counting down, and others not counting.

Fact 1101: "Lose Yourself" by Eminem won the Acadamy Award for Best Original Song (8 Mile), making it the first pop/rap song to win the award. However, during the ceremony, Eminem was at his house asleep because he thought he wouldn't win the award!

Fact 1102
Sleeping is death being shy. In death your conciosness leaves your body, never to reutnr. when your asleep the same thing happens. where does your conciosness go? It comes back but what if it didnt? This is more deeply explained by Exurb1a which is a Youtuber that i love.

YouTube
/\ More details here /\

Fact 1103:
Despite being inactive on the forum, I really like being on the forum. I just get distracted by other pastimes easily, especially in September, which is basically when everything happens at once. Including my birthday.

Fact 1102: I am still trying to get us to count down, but I can only do so much. However, since I don't really like putting my own little commentary as a "fact" on its own, here is this - the average height of a minion from Despicable Me is said to be 3.5 feet. Felonius Gru, the villain-turned-dad protagonist, is usually seen to be about 4 minions tall, thus making him 14 feet tall. This observation became somewhat of a meme, leading to people using this height to figure out other astonishing feats Gru has achieved, such as perceiving time at a twentieth of its normal speed. This also makes the main villain, Vector Perkins, about 12 feet tall (him and Gru don't really stand still together so it's hard to be exact, but he is shorter than Gru). In other words, in the upwards direction, Vector has a magnitude of 12 feet.

1103: A Hippo is a member of the Pacaderm family which is Latin for, "Murder cow"
(go to youtube nd google, Exurb1a, How your probable going to die. (Its somewhere in there))

1106: John Adams was the first U.S President in the 1800's and was also the first President in the White House.
1107: William Henry Harrison has the longest name out of all the U.S Presidents.
1108: James Monroe was the last founding father that was also President.
1109: James Madison was the shortest President at around 5'4 tall.
1110: Abraham Lincoln was the tallest President at 6'4 tall.
1111: Franklin D. Roosevelt was elected four times as President, making him the longest running U.S President.

fact 1112: a president can't be elected more than 2 times in a row so I don't know how that last one works.
Edit: Just realized he didn't say consecutively, I'm an idiot.
Double edit: I might not be as idiotic as I thought, he said longest running which implies that it was consecutive, so while I'm still a partial fool, he could have worded it better.

Back
Top Bottom