Resolved [Switch] 2-player local?

So, i just spent 30$ on terraria hoping i could play it with my brother and in the description it says "Players 1-2" and we have no idea how to activate it even if it's there, if it isn't then what the heck that was the only reason i bought it! If anyone has any news about this please help.
Sorry, we are working to make split screen for players but at this time it just wasnt up to code so we had to delay the function for a post release update. The eshop page is being updated to reflect this. Sorry again. The timeline is still up in the air on the split screen. Once we have tested it and made sure we are close to release we will let everyone know.

Sorry, we are working to make split screen for players but at this time it just wasnt up to code so we had to delay the function for a post release update. The eshop page is being updated to reflect this. Sorry again. The timeline is still up in the air on the split screen. Once we have tested it and made sure we are close to release we will let everyone know.
Thank you, i mean i'm still very excited to play terraria on the go but yeah the eshop page seemed false, thanks for the update and i'm excited for the actual splitscreen update

So, i just spent 30$ on terraria hoping i could play it with my brother and in the description it says "Players 1-2" and we have no idea how to activate it even if it's there, if it isn't then what the heck that was the only reason i bought it! If anyone has any news about this please help.

Thank you for reply.

I have a question for 2 players splitscreen.
I has see two joy-con by player. So four joy-con for 2 players if I'm understand ???

If it's that, it's very expensive for one games. :eek::eek:;(;(

Thank you for reply.

I has see two joy-con by player. So four joy-con for 2 players if I'm understand ???

Please don’t dis Re Logic for the price of joycons, that’s out of their control. Besides it isn’t very logical to play terraria with one joycon, how would that be possible?

Same thing happened to me, LAMMAZ. Bought the game the day it released to play with my wife. This is one of the few games she loves to play. 2 months later and we are still waiting.

hey Nsk1314 same,it will have split-screen later i think but dont worry do play so when you can play together,it will have amazing items

Fun fact:
I asked on Amazon, if the given description for the retail-cartridge-version is correct (-Docking-Funktion mit 2 Spielern am geteilten Bildschirm. Benötigt zwei Joy-Cons pro Spieler.)
-> docked 2 players split-screen.

Today I got answers, that 2 players in split-screen is possible and that this fact is stated on the cover.

I'm also one of the first customers of the download version, I also read that 2 players work before purchase and I'm also waiting since June.

Honestly, I'm very unhappy with the situation. Bought it to play it with my son.

We started it once, yet :(

O.K., done... Without bad words...

Last edited:
Any news on when the update will be released

Kinda pissed. Own this on multiple systems. This is a blatant lie. Says it on the damn box.

Edit: "indefinitely delayed" doesn't count as being honest.

Last edited:
Thank you for reply.

just buy wired pro controllers there hecka cheap

hey u really shouldn't be so upset when the developers say they're working on then there working on it doesnt mean that u should get what u want immediately its kinda acting entitled to what you want u should be patient because he said it wasn't up to code therefore there trying to make it functional for everyone i got it the day it came out to but just let them do it because the do have a lot on there plate with the upcoming e3 ad journeys end update

hey u really shouldn't be so upset when the developers say they're working on then there working on it doesnt mean that u should get what u want immediately its kinda acting entitled to what you want u should be patient because he said it wasn't up to code therefore there trying to make it functional for everyone i got it the day it came out to but just let them do it because the do have a lot on there plate with the upcoming e3 ad journeys end update

Frankly I don't care what you think I should do.

I am entitled, I paid them and did not receive what I paid for. All other versions I have of this game have split screen. There was no indication at time of purchase - in fact, complete opposite. It has been 4 months.

4 months is a long time. I HAVE waited.

I don't care what else they're busy with. They should've handles this port better.

You're happy with the way things are? Good for you.

Oh I just remembered you said I shouldn't get what I want immediately.

Well guess what, I didn't!

I paid and four months later I'm still waiting.

Hi there, possibly a blasphemous suggestion:

Leave it to us whether we accept a low performance, but activate the split screen mode.

Maybe with a giant pop-up at game start that tells us that unfortunately there are still performance problems (which are being fixed diligently).
According to what I've read here so far, normal playing without events seems to be possible. So at least give us the chance to dig, build and "prepare for battle".

I really and honestly beg you: Just do it. :D

Hi there, possibly a blasphemous suggestion:

Leave it to us whether we accept a low performance, but activate the split screen mode.

Maybe with a giant pop-up at game start that tells us that unfortunately there are still performance problems (which are being fixed diligently).
According to what I've read here so far, normal playing without events seems to be possible. So at least give us the chance to dig, build and "prepare for battle".

I really and honestly beg you: Just do it.:D

Loki has already made it clear that they don't want to release it until it meets their standards. Maybe in another 4 months? Who knows.

Back
Top Bottom