Official TCF Forum Bug List/Reporting [V2]

this isn't a big bug, but I notice that the Book Antiqua font doesn't work. just a little thing, but it would be nuce to be able to use the font.

this isn't a big bug, but I notice that the Book Antiqua font doesn't work. just a little thing, but it would be nuce to be able to use the font.

On my end the font functions as intended, something to keep in mind that if a font is unavailable on your system XF will default to the next fall back font we have listed. So, what device are you using and what operating system are you on? It's possible your system doesn't have the font installed.

On my end the font functions as intended, something to keep in mind that if a font is unavailable on your system XF will default to the next fall back font we have listed. So, what device are you using and what operating system are you on? It's possible your system doesn't have the font installed.
I use my phone with the desktop site layout. not sure what operating system, but I think it might be that now that you mention it.

I use my phone with the desktop site layout. not sure what operating system, but I think it might be that now that you mention it.

Yup, Book Antiqua is not available in Android by default, nothing is stopping you from installing custom fonts on your device but you do so at your risk, you could technically brick your device by doing something incorrectly. So it's not something I can safely recommend.

So I've been working on fixing the Tables in my suggestions, but while I can make their content center-aligned, the Tables themselves seem to always align to the left. The problem's not too apparent until you start putting Tables in Spoilers, which also become left-aligned because of the Table. Any chance you could take a look at this soon?

The fixed forum styles no longer exist because there isn't a need for them anymore. Forums should now be adaptive based on device and resolution. Is there something that you believe you need them for?
I used fixed-width so that it wouldn't adapt, meaning I could zoom in and out on pages, minimizing unnecessary scrolling. Iirc the way it is now is similar to the original not fixed width styles. It's just my personal preference though, no need to get too worried over it.

I used fixed-width so that it wouldn't adapt, meaning I could zoom in and out on pages, minimizing unnecessary scrolling. Iirc the way it is now is similar to the original not fixed width styles. It's just my personal preference though, no need to get too worried over it.

If you select "View Desktop Site" in your browser, does that suit your needs any better, or does it have undesired side effects as well?

So I've been working on fixing the Tables in my suggestions, but while I can make their content center-aligned, the Tables themselves seem to always align to the left. The problem's not too apparent until you start putting Tables in Spoilers, which also become left-aligned because of the Table. Any chance you could take a look at this soon?

I'll look into it.

Edit: @Bry-ccentric I seem to have trouble replicating the issue you mentioned. For me the tables always fill the contents of the post so no room to be aligned in any way shape or form. Could you screenshot when you mean by you can't center align the tables?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bry
If you select "View Desktop Site" in your browser, does that suit your needs any better, or does it have undesired side effects as well?

I'll look into it.

Edit: @Bry-ccentric I seem to have trouble replicating the issue you mentioned. For me the tables always fill the contents of the post so no room to be aligned in any way shape or form. Could you screenshot when you mean by you can't center align the tables?
I'll do you one better and give you the second-hand experience.
See, this is center-aligned. The spoiler sure ain't, though.​
That's 'cuz the Table itself is stuck with the left-aligned setting.​
When creating a post, if you click the area right before the Table (where the "Insert" bubbles pop up) and look at the Alignment button, you'll see what I mean.​
The Spoiler code also duplicates, and the Table creates empty lines under it (which seem to pop up either directly under the table, or under its spoiler). No idea why any of this happens.

Last edited:
I'll do you one better and give you the second-hand experience.
When creating a post, if you click the area right before the Table (where the "Insert" bubbles pop up) and look at the Alignment button, you'll see what I mean.​
The Spoiler code also duplicates, and the Table creates empty lines under it (which seem to pop up either directly under the table, or under its spoiler). No idea why any of this happens.

Is this what you want?

Spoilers have always been troublesome in RTE mode, you have to switch to BBcode mode to get them right.
All I did was put CENTER tags around the entire thing.

Is this what you want?

Spoilers have always been troublesome in RTE mode, you have to switch to BBcode mode to get them right.
All I did was put CENTER tags around the entire thing.
Yeah, I tried that, but it didn't work for me. I'll try it again when I have time.
EDIT: Okay, THERE we go; it worked now. Many thanks for your time!

Last edited:
I "may" have found a cause of the sudden decrease of likes in the like count.

During the minor update earlier this year (April?), I've noticed that the likes in profile post comments have all been removed. Though I can't remember if that had an impact on the like count.
If it didn't, then maybe it did a recalculation as of now, and havn't counted the removed likes on profile post comments anymore.

We've performed a lot of optimizations with this most recent maintenance. We expect to see a considerable speed increase. We're looking in to more optimizations, but these will be performed after a period of monitoring with the current backend settings.

Please inform me if you still experience slow downs, and hangs.

The alerts may or may not be related to the enhancements we have done, please let me know if your alerts are still slow to receive. I expect alerts to arrive in under 20 seconds, if this is not the case again, please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
The option to edit a thread (not the first post) shows up completely blank.

This is most likely because we don't give our users permissions to edit the thread, but could you screenshot what you see on your end for me? I believe you should at least be able to see and edit the title, but I could be wrong.

I'll give a screenshot of my view of it.
Screenshot_20191006_225547_com.android.chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom