tModLoader [1.4.4] NExperience Mod - Leveling mod for Terraria

Nakano15

Terrarian
1.4.4 Latest Version 0.9.0.2 (02/19/2024)
1.4 Latest Version: 0.8.5.2 (06/12/2023)
1.3 Latest Version: 1.3.13.6 (01/12/2022)

What about checking out my partner?
Get 25% off on your first month hosting a game server by using nakano15 code.

Help Nakano continue doing cool stuff!

I told a friend that I was developing a rpg mod for tModLoader, and he laughed, even more since I was planning to build the rpg mod on the future version of Terraria, but who knows when the next Terraria update will be out, or If I would be able to build the mod on the newest version of terraria?

I've been looking for rpg mods on tModLoader, but none of them actually hooked me, or made me stop playing due to some annoyance, so I built a basic rpg mode which has a leveling just for fun, and includding some extra configuration stuffs, so you can build your dream rpg mode.

azVgNC7.jpg

Giant Raccoon not includded.
The mod has multiple game modes disponible, but the only annoyance is not only the way you select it, but also that you have to select it again everytime the mod loads (after opening the game, after reloading the mod).

Here are a few options you have on the configuration menu, to tweak your game mode:
  • Biome Level Capper: Makes so your character level be scaled to the biome max level, or the toughest nearby monster level, if your character level is above it.
  • Infinite Leveling: As the name says, your level goes beyond the max level of the game mode. Only beware when using it with Biome Level Capper, since the scaled status will depend on the status points spent on your character.
  • Convert Enemies Defense bonus into Health: If you want to make the gameplay be a bit more "Castlevania like" monster level, you can enable this. The defense acquired from scaling the game mode will be converted into health, so the monster defense limitation when facing high leveled monsters is lifted.
  • Show Experience as Percentage: Instead of showing the experience acquired as numbers, It shows as percentage, allowing you to have a better idea of how much exp you has acquired.
I've added multiplayer sync codes to the game, but I couldn't test if it works due to hardware limitations.

Download:
The 1.4 version can be found on the Mod Browser or in the Steam Workshop link:
You can also get it from the MEGA link bellow. Just download the 1dot4 version, and install on your mods folder.

1.3 version can either be downloaded bellow, or through the Mod Browser.
MEGA - https://mega.nz/#F!koxlUCIb!kxk1Pag4D4cGkdta0cUqpA

If you want to chat about the mod, support or any other question, you can either use this topic, or the Steam Group of the mod, either by the chat or the forum.
There is also a fan made Discord server you can join, I check It sometimes.

You can also listen to the leveling colaborative playlist I made on Deezer. Feel free to listen, just be sure to turn on the random.

If you're curious about how the mod works, you can simply check the Github, and probably insult my scripting skill.

Enjoy.

Free Mode number translation.

1.4.4 Version
Version 0.9.0.1 (01/17/2024)
Version 0.9 (01/08/2024)
Version 0.8.9.2 (10/26/2023)
Version 0.8.9.1 (10/2/2023)

Version 0.8.9 (09/20/2023)
Version 0.8.8 (08/02/2023)
Version 0.8.7 (08/02/2023)

1.4 Version
Version: 0.8.5.1 (6/8/2023)
Version: 0.8.5 (6/7/2023)
Version: 0.8.4.1 (12/31/2022)

Version: 0.8.4.0 (11/04/2022)
Version: 0.8.3.3 (11/04/2022)
Version: 0.8.3.2 (11/02/2022)
Version: 0.8.3 (09/14/2022)
Version: 0.8.2.1 (08/27/2022)
Version: 0.8.2 (08/27/2022)
Version: 0.8.1 (08/26/2022)
Version: 0.8 (08/26/2022)

1.3 Version
Version: 1.3.13.5 (12/19/2021)
Version: 1.3.13.4 (11/17/2021)
Version: 1.3.13.3 (11/16/2021)
Version: 1.3.13.2 (11/13/2021)
Version: 1.3.13 (10/6/2021)
Version: 1.3.12.1 (7/29/2021)
Version: 1.3.12 (6/20/2021)
Version: 1.3.11 (6/4/2021)
Version: 1.3.10 (5/9/2021)
Version: 1.3.9.5 (4/30/2021)
Version: 1.3.9.3 (4/21/2021)
Version: 1.3.9.2 (4/7/2021)
Version: 1.3.9.1 (4/3/2021)
Version: 1.3.9 (4/1/2021)
Version: 1.3.8.1 (2/10/2021) and Version: 1.3.8.2 (2/10/2021)
Version: 1.3.8 (2/1/2021)
Version: 1.3.7.3 (10/22/2020)
Version: 1.3.7.1 (10/21/2020)
Version: 1.3.7 (10/20/2020)
Version: 1.3.5.4 (05/02/2020)
Version: 1.3.5.3 (04/21/2020)
Version: 1.3.5.1 (03/29/2020)
Version: 1.3.5 (03/19/2020)
Version: 1.3.4.1 (02/18/2020)
Version: 1.3.4 (02/15/2020)
Version 1.3.3.2 (01/31/2020)
Version 1.3.3.1 (12/19/2019)
Version 1.3.3 (12/15/2019)
Version 1.3.2 (11/22/2019)
Version 1.3.1 (11/15/2019)
Version 1.3 (11/8/2019)
Version 1.2 (10/14/2019)
Version 1.1.2 (09/29/2019)
Version 1.1.1 (09/27/2019)

Last edited:
This looks more like a barebones version of nTerraria. I'm interested since this is using tmodloader instead of being a standalone. Hope to see more from you!

This looks more like a barebones version of nTerraria. I'm interested since this is using tmodloader instead of being a standalone. Hope to see more from you!
Actually, It is a barebones version of N Terraria, but only has the leveling feature. I couldn't name this N Terraria because... Well... TModLoader (would be weird calling the mod N tModLoader). And also because this mod is more specific at one thing, the Leveling, while N Terraria had several other features in it (something that tModLoader easily does).

As time passes and I get to develop the mod, It'll get less barebones, and more like a complete mod, at least that is what is happening with my companion mod, haha. But surelly will happen the same here.

Good to hear about that! I'm not too active on the forums however but it's good to see that you're active in developing this. Hopefully this fleshes out pretty well and maybe add some spiciness to the really dumb modpacks I make for myself to mess around with.

Hey guys, what is that on the horizon? That's easy, It's a NExperience mod update.
Version 1.1.1 said:
Fixed some button click position issues.
Added descriptions to the status.
Agility and Luck now does something.
There is less math for you to do when checking the player status points under effect.
Changed how the overleveling will check for the character maximum exp.
Added a button to remove temporary point from the status list.
Added a button that allows you to clear all points spent.
-Basic RPG Mode
Increased the level cap of Basic RPG Mode to 125, instead of 100.
Made several event enemies have a fixed level, so no longer they spawn in the biome level range.
Changed some bosses levels, aswell as added level to some bosses.
Changed how the capped leveling will handle the status points under effect, to avoid spending points on status you didn't even spent points on.
Turning off infinite leveling while having your character overleveled, will now cause your character level to be scaled down to the max level of the game mode, when not using biome level uncapper.
Npcs projectiles now deals damages.
Pickups like Hearts and Stars restoration values are now scaled, but you'll only see it in effect when necessary.
Added an option where you can cap your character level to the biome max level, but still be able to continue leveling up on infinite leveling.
If you've been playing TerraGuardians mod, you're probably finding it weird that the version here is 1.1.1, instead of 2, or 3. The reason is simple, I discovered that setting the first number of the version different from the other, mods that needs this mod to run would break. That would mean that I would need to update TerraGuardians mod at the same time, but since I don't want to do that now, because I want first to finish the update, then I did this little fix.

Just pay attention to this, before you come here complaining: If you play the mod with Infinite Leveling, with either Biome Level Capper or Cap to the game mode max level, beware with the status points you spend. Upon scaling down your character level, the game will do some calculations based on the total status points invested, plus the status points invested in each individual status to see whose points will go on those status, so avoid straying off the build of your character when spending points on it.

Enjoy. :)

This update most likelly fixes some messes I've made on the last update, so... Hotfix?
Version 1.1.2 said:
-Basic RPG Mode
The Lihzahrd Dungeon and Tower Zones will no longer get a level boost from hardmode and from being on the edge of the world.
Duke Fishron now has his own level.
You no longer gains defense bonus from any status or level.
The Eternia Crystal now levels up with the event tier.
Changed how critical chance is calculated, now instead of multiplying the base value, it will sum.
Fixed a bug where the value of the Defense wasn't being calculate.
Fixed a bug where your character status level would be set to the game mode max level, even with biome level capping and max level capping options turned off.
There is a fun fact about that defense bug mentioned above, while playing with my companion mod, I were noticing that his defense was having ridiculous numbers compared to the player, making them an over-exceptional tanker. At first I was investigating if the problem was with the companion mod having something over boosting the defense, I investigated and found nothing weird. Then I wondered, If the player defense looks unchanged, is the defense even being counted? I checked the calculation script for the player, and noticed that I have forgot to make so the defense be calculated... I have fixed that issue, but I guess I shouldn't have jumped into conclusion that my other mod was the problematic one.

Well, if you join the game after the update, you'll notice that there is no change on the player defense, and that is intentional. I removed the defense multiplier from the Basic RPG Mode, because during the gameplay, It were kind of fitting.

But another thing that called my attention, is that even with the bug of the Lihzahrd Dungeon being overleveled, the challenge was still ok, my char were being able to survive and deal some damage on them (beside I somewhat had help some of the times...). Now I'm wondering If I should try abusing of overleveled biomes past hardmode, to increase the challenge.

Well, that is it, let's hope no other problems knocks the door. 'Til 'nother 'ime.

just a question i'm curious about,
my magic weapons feel very very weak. I used a weapons that is supposed to do 153 damage on a boss and it only hits 1.
i use it on a random zombie and it hits 15
(screens attached to show it)
20191001152534_1.jpg > shows weapons damage according to stats
20191001152538_1.jpg > actual weapon damage on eskimo zombie

Attachments

• 20191001152534_1.jpg
    20191001152534_1.jpg
    623.1 KB · Views: 773
  • 20191001152538_1.jpg
    20191001152538_1.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 823
just a question i'm curious about,
my magic weapons feel very very weak. I used a weapons that is supposed to do 153 damage on a boss and it only hits 1.
i use it on a random zombie and it hits 15
(screens attached to show it)
20191001152534_1.jpg > shows weapons damage according to stats
20191001152538_1.jpg > actual weapon damage on eskimo zombie
You'll have to test the following:
  1. Does the same happens with vanilla weapons?
  2. The damage is also bad with the option of converting monster defense into health?
  3. What kind of mods are you using? Some of them might be interfering on the status calculation of the mod.
I ask you to test those, because my tModLoader doesn't actually has mods that adds new weapons, or different damage mechanics.

Ps:. Oh, hey! TerraGuardians. :D

Last edited:
You'll have to test the following:
  1. Does the same happens with vanilla weapons?
  2. The damage is also bad with the option of converting monster defense into health?
  3. What kind of mods are you using? Some of them might be interfering on the status calculation of the mod.
I ask you to test those, because my tModLoader doesn't actually has mods that adds new weapons, or different damage mechanics.

Ps:. Oh, hey! TerraGuardians. :D
Just tested:
1: Nope Vanilla seem to work fine, Tested with: Laser Rifle & Magic Missle
2: i tried changing the setting but no difference
3: Installed mods that might affect it: Calamity Mod, Terraria overhaul
Full list: Calamity, overhaul, nexperience, terraGuardians, Worldgen preview, large world enabler, Fishing potions for sale, Potion seller reborn, Mod helpers, Extensible Inventory, Begone evil (disable corruption spread) , Max stack plus extra, Potion charms, Boss token mod

Also on a side note:
I killed a devil fish added by one of the mods and insta went from lvl 46 to 91

Attachments

• 20191002100621_1.jpg
    20191002100621_1.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 414
  • 20191002100626_1.jpg
    20191002100626_1.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 357
Just tested:
1: Nope Vanilla seem to work fine, Tested with: Laser Rifle & Magic Missle
2: i tried changing the setting but no difference
3: Installed mods that might affect it: Calamity Mod, Terraria overhaul
Full list: Calamity, overhaul, nexperience, terraGuardians, Worldgen preview, large world enabler, Fishing potions for sale, Potion seller reborn, Mod helpers, Extensible Inventory, Begone evil (disable corruption spread) , Max stack plus extra, Potion charms, Boss token mod

Also on a side note:
I killed a devil fish added by one of the mods and insta went from lvl 46 to 91
Something tells me that it's Terraria Overhaul, but you'll need to test, and also because I didn't played long with it. Beside I don't know if Calamity mod has some script to change mob damages.

If you're up for a challenge, you may try to disable the mods and see if one of those are giving problems, If you manage to find out, I'll try to investigate it.

Something tells me that it's Terraria Overhaul, but you'll need to test, and also because I didn't played long with it. Beside I don't know if Calamity mod has some script to change mob damages.

If you're up for a challenge, you may try to disable the mods and see if one of those are giving problems, If you manage to find out, I'll try to investigate it.
Based on current checking the problem seems to be with indeed Terraria Overhaul
I tested with only calamity on and the damage of the magic weapons by calamity work fine (same with vanilla)
tested with only overhaul and (ofc) the calamity weps are gone and vanilla deal damage like they are supposed to

also for another side test.
can i safely disable nexperience to test if that rectifies the damage for calamity when overhaul is on? without losing progress/data?

Also tested that, example: magic weapon should deal 19 damage (without nexperience on) and deals 12 instead
so sounds fine

Last edited:
Based on current checking the problem seems to be with indeed Terraria Overhaul
I tested with only calamity on and the damage of the magic weapons by calamity work fine (same with vanilla)
tested with only overhaul and (ofc) the calamity weps are gone and vanilla deal damage like they are supposed to

also for another side test.
can i safely disable nexperience to test if that rectifies the damage for calamity when overhaul is on? without losing progress/data?

Also tested that, example: magic weapon should deal 19 damage (without nexperience on) and deals 12 instead
so sounds fine
You can backup your character saves before doing so, because I don't know If tModLoader will keep the mod data saved after you load and save your character during the time the mod is turned off. If It manages to load the mod data after turning back on the mod, then good, but It's better not to risk (Unless you want to have the chance of receiving a wipe on your character levels and status).

And I forgot to tell this, the devil fish power leveling you, at least the theory I has is that the mob has some absurdly high status, like 9999 damage or something. The basic rpg mode (and also some other rpg modes that will come with the mod) calculates the exp to give based on the monsters status, so if a monster has an insane amount of a certain status, it will give a lot of exp. Even more since the exp acquired from monster damage is multiplied by a certain value, compared to defense and health.

If you want to ease the testings, since your character is power leveling, you can try removing the level cappers for the testing (If you already didn't). Absurdly high numbers might help give away if the mod is working as intended.
Edit:. Nevermind, based on the images, you aren't using level cappers.

You can backup your character saves before doing so, because I don't know If tModLoader will keep the mod data saved after you load and save your character during the time the mod is turned off. If It manages to load the mod data after turning back on the mod, then good, but It's better not to risk (Unless you want to have the chance of receiving a wipe on your character levels and status).

And I forgot to tell this, the devil fish power leveling you, at least the theory I has is that the mob has some absurdly high status, like 9999 damage or something. The basic rpg mode (and also some other rpg modes that will come with the mod) calculates the exp to give based on the monsters status, so if a monster has an insane amount of a certain status, it will give a lot of exp. Even more since the exp acquired from monster damage is multiplied by a certain value, compared to defense and health.

If you want to ease the testings, since your character is power leveling, you can try removing the level cappers for the testing (If you already didn't). Absurdly high numbers might help give away if the mod is working as intended.
Edit:. Nevermind, based on the images, you aren't using level cappers.
the power leveling already occured during normal play
Do you have enough info to work with?
And i think i found it, the fish has 999999 defence for the first 5 hits orso (masked)

the power leveling already occured during normal play
Do you have enough info to work with?
And i think i found it, the fish has 999999 defence for the first 5 hits orso (masked)
That is the reason of your character ending up overleveled.

That is the reason of your character ending up overleveled.
ah okay, basicly messed up by a way of trying to prevent the player to trigger him.
But do you need more information or are you good to go to look into the magic damage conflict/issue of this mod and overhaul?

ah okay, basicly messed up by a way of trying to prevent the player to trigger him.
But do you need more information or are you good to go to look into the magic damage conflict/issue of this mod and overhaul?
I've been thinking, and if the problem was with Terraria Overhaul, even vanilla weapons would have status problem, so possibly It's Calamity mod. I'll try checking out if I can find a way of fixing that issue later.

I've been thinking, and if the problem was with Terraria Overhaul, even vanilla weapons would have status problem, so possibly It's Calamity mod. I'll try checking out if I can find a way of fixing that issue later.
well i have a feeling its a conflict between the experience mod and overhaul
since: experience + cataclysm = fine
cataclysm + overhaul = fine

Is there a way to reset everything including the stats and levels? it seems to me that this mod has bugged out everything, including damage from other mods. even I have the mod turned off, it seems to me that it still keeps some op damage stats from other mods.

That's exquisite, disabling the mod should make things normal again.
Check out if any other mod isn't causing that issue.

Hey guys, new NExperience mod update is now out.
-Basic RPG Mode
Your character now gains a sum of defense based on VIT, STR and some CHA status.
Two new options added: Exp Rate and Exp Penalty By Level Difference.
Exp Rate changes the rate at which your character gains experience from the monsters. By default it's set to 1x. Rates are decimal.
Exp Penalty by Level Difference, if the value is higher than 0, it will decide either to give bonus exp, or reduce exp based on the difference of level between player and monster.
Damages received from environment or other sources now hurts.
Added an option that makes so facing a boss again after It has been defeated once, scales it to your character level, but that doesn't change the exp acquired from the fight.
Added the following game modes: Regular RPG Mode, Hardcore RPG Mode and Soft RPG Mode.
Regular RPG Mode adds the classic Regular RPG Mode from N Terraria. But this version doesn't comes with any status nerf on the monsters, but includes an exp booster based on level, and the max exp increases in logarhythmic levels starting at level 100.
Hardcore RPG Mode contains the same things as Regular RPG Mode, but the monsters have 55% more health, and are 45% tougher. The expert mode of leveling somewhat. The exp is better due to that, but doesn't includes logarhythmic leveling starting on level 100, so the max exp past those levels will be huge.
Soft RPG Mode is easier than both Regular RPG Mode and Hardcore RPG Modes, monsters are half as tough and you get 2 times more exp per kill.
Ps:. The only problem, is that everytime you reload either the mod or the game, the game mode will be set back to Basic RPG Mode. So be sure to change the game mode on the mod options at the menu, before playing the mod.
Added an extra boost to life regen based on the health change of the character.
Npcs no longer can end up having more health than they have.
Added an option that when turned on, your character restores Health and Mana upon leveling up.
Implemented netplay, but I don't know if It is working, because I had no chance to test.
Well, I added 3 more game modes, that are actually only one, but with some distinct differences. Due to not knowing how the mod loader configuration system works, right now the game modes resets back to Basic RPG Mode when the mod loads (be it when starting the game, or after loading it, as I said). The only way to change the game mode is by on the main menu going to Mods > NExperience, click the Cog button, then click the checkbox of changing game mode, then press Save. Repeat that step of clicking the checkbox and then save until the game mode you want to play appears. I ask you guys some patience until I find out how to make the game mode be actually saved.

You may also have noticed that netplay is implemented, the problem is that there is no way I can debug it, so I don't recommend even trying to play with the option of netplay on (on mod configurations). If someone feels interessed into helping me debug this issue, It will be nice. The only problem is that I don't use discord, and can't keep the browser opened while debugging, so I would have to do the chatting through steam.

If someone gets interessed into helping on the testing, just give me a call.

Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom