Terraria State of the Game - September 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rushed? I don't know if I would say that - but yeah, I know the PW team knows of the issues out there.

Depends on how it tests out would be my best estimation there - if the performance is substantially worse than in the existing modes... to the extent that it directly impacts gameplay... then that becomes something that the team will have to consider. That's pretty much the best answer I could personally give (not being a coder, etc, myself) - I don't think anyone on any team underestimates the desire for this feature to be in, so it is a very high priority - and yeah, work has been done. It then just becomes how that balance of performance vs feature plays out in playtesting (which is the same with any feature or content, to be fair).

Sorry that may not be saying anything that isn't obvious.
When
Rushed? I don't know if I would say that - but yeah, I know the PW team knows of the issues out there.

Depends on how it tests out would be my best estimation there - if the performance is substantially worse than in the existing modes... to the extent that it directly impacts gameplay... then that becomes something that the team will have to consider. That's pretty much the best answer I could personally give (not being a coder, etc, myself) - I don't think anyone on any team underestimates the desire for this feature to be in, so it is a very high priority - and yeah, work has been done. It then just becomes how that balance of performance vs feature plays out in playtesting (which is the same with any feature or content, to be fair).

Sorry that may not be saying anything that isn't obvious.
Quick question when controller support is inevitably added will we be to use joycons sideways or will we have to use 2 Joycons?

To be completely honest i neliev that terraria should have an option to change the screens safe zone, my Xbox1 terraeia has alot of the info off the screen like my top row of hearts with the numbers half of my mana crystals and my hotbar also this really irretates me when i am farming or grinding bosses, so please Pipeworks and Relogic, couod there possibly be a way for you developers to implament this into the game for us?

Hello everybody! Someone knows whether the contents of 1.4 update will be available on my current "world" (like new biomes, and all)? Or I'll need to start a completely new map to aply?

Hello everybody! Someone knows whether the contents of 1.4 update will be available on my current "world" (like new biomes, and all)? Or I'll need to start a completely new map to aply?
As with past updates, it depends on the content. For anything related to the world itself (think of the Granite/Marble biomes and pyramids), you'll have to make a new world. New items and NPCs are generally available on old worlds, provided they don't depend on world stuff as well (for instance the Granite/Marble enemies).

Items gotten from enemies and NPCs can still be gotten on old/current worlds.

For new worldgen features (such as the Oasis) you'll need a new world.

To be completely honest i neliev that terraria should have an option to change the screens safe zone, my Xbox1 terraeia has alot of the info off the screen like my top row of hearts with the numbers half of my mana crystals and my hotbar also this really irretates me when i am farming or grinding bosses, so please Pipeworks and Relogic, couod there possibly be a way for you developers to implament this into the game for us?

I know that PW is aware of this. For now, depending on your TV, you can get things all back on screen using the Overscan settings (which each TV maker maddeningly calls something different lol).

If you want to send me a PM, I would be happy to try and walk you through that with your specific make/model of TV. :)

We've shared a ton of spoilers for it, if we don't hold on to something, then there won't be any surprises left.
I'm curious, how much of Terraria 1.4 has been spoiled vs. how much is still secret? Percentage wise I mean. Assuming you are at liberty to tell.
For new worldgen features (such as the Oasis) you'll need a new world.
How much of the Oasis is world generated and how much will spawn/grow if you were to create an artificial oasis in an existing desert? I'm guessing that the palm trees are world gen but will the reeds and other oasis plants start spawning if you meet the conditions?

Last edited:
I know that PW is aware of this. For now, depending on your TV, you can get things all back on screen using the Overscan settings (which each TV maker maddeningly calls something different lol).

If you want to send me a PM, I would be happy to try and walk you through that with your specific make/model of TV. :)
Thanks loki for the help, i did onow of this setting but as you said each tv model/mke calls it somethig different but my veon makes the actual picture small and traps it in a box thanks though.

Will combat-targeting be added to the Switch edition? I usually use yo-yos and it’s kind of hard to use them (Honestly, I already love the Switch edition, I poured so many hours into it after I got it two weeks ago)!

Oh man, I can't wait for the Switch update. I've started using wires a lot recently and I keep running into situations where I really want to use some of the mechanisms introduced in 1.3.1

When 1.3.4 comes out on Xbox/PS4 will the new features such as the Tavernkeep NPC be able to spawn in already generated worlds? Or will you have to make a new world just to get the newer stuff into your game? I'm working on a main hub world and I'd hate to have to make a new one just to have the new ncp and other features.

When 1.3.4 comes out on Xbox/PS4 will the new features such as the Tavernkeep NPC be able to spawn in already generated worlds? Or will you have to make a new world just to get the newer stuff into your game? I'm working on a main hub world and I'd hate to have to make a new one just to have the new ncp and other features.
You will be able to spawn Tavernkeep (and fight OOA) in old, already generated worlds. Any new worldgen generated features won't work though. If there are no underground desert or marble/granite biomes in your old worlds, they won't work. Marble/granite can be transfered by hand though.

I am dying to see Journey's End. It's been almost half of the year or even more. Is it really arrives on 2019?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom