tModLoader Fargo's Mods

Hi there. Love your mod. It's pretty much a must-have for me.

I have some feedback on moving toggle to the config though.

Here's the thing, I love love looove being overpowered. But even then, having too many buffs/effects on the screen can be just plain overwhelming. So I love that there's a toggle to turn off things like pets, super sonic speed, etc.

The problem is, I don't actually know what each effect does. Because not all the effect names are obvious. Like, Airwalkers you can guess, but how would I know what a Tungsten effect is, y'know? For example, I didn't know that Lodestone is the one that results in a little square circling my character. With the old toggle, I would just turn off each effect one by one until I see the animation poof away when I turn off the relevant effect, which was how I learned about Lodestone.

Also, sometimes each character might require different effects based on class. For example, one of my fav builds is to have a character with high damage reduction and thorns-like effects. So he'd have no direct attack other than dashing into enemies. While another might just be a straight up mage, so I don't want certain defensive abilities. So I'd like to customize the effects for each character.

But by putting it all under config, it means every character has the same effects and worst of all for myself, I have absolutely no idea what a huge chunk of the effects do.

Well, I hope you take this feedback under consideration. I realize the UI for the old toggle was not especially slick but being able to test out each effect in real time and having it linked to each individual character, made it preferable to the current setup, at least, for myself.

Thanks.
its actually the effect of the parts you combined while making it
well if your like plunging it on using cheat mods then you will have a hard time its best to take the item and see its effects 1st before you equipt it since i made it from scratch i memorized which is which in case this mod is supposed to be earned not cheated through
but its up to you,
since some toggles turn off multiple effcts tahts why they are named after which recepie they come from and not the effect they are doing
(Tungsten is making your weapon super large) useful for melee

and i

Here's the thing, I love love looove being overpowered. But even then, having too many buffs/effects on the screen can be just plain overwhelming. So I love that there's a toggle to turn off things like pets, super sonic speed, etc.

The problem is, I don't actually know what each effect does. Because not all the effect names are obvious. Like, Airwalkers you can guess, but how would I know what a Tungsten effect is, y'know? For example, I didn't know that Lodestone is the one that results in a little square circling my character. With the old toggle, I would just turn off each effect one by one until I see the animation poof away when I turn off the relevant effect, which was how I learned about Lodestone.

Also, sometimes each character might require different effects based on class. For example, one of my fav builds is to have a character with high damage reduction and thorns-like effects. So he'd have no direct attack other than dashing into enemies. While another might just be a straight up mage, so I don't want certain defensive abilities. So I'd like to customize the effects for each character.

But by putting it all under config, it means every character has the same effects and worst of all for myself, I have absolutely no idea what a huge chunk of the effects do.

Well, I hope you take this feedback under consideration. I realize the UI for the old toggle was not especially slick but being able to test out each effect in real time and having it linked to each individual character, made it preferable to the current setup, at least, for myself.

Thanks.
now its kinda hard to memorize it and find the certain effect
but its also too much to ask if you want to enumerate all effects
this mod is free 1st of all and 2nd there are more bugs that needs to be fixed rather than waste his time naming all effects

my suggestion is turn off all toggles then 1 by 1 turn it on to see the effects (put some dummy to test)
some effects are not visible unless your pretty observant
ex:
1) universe speed (increases all non melee weapon speed, including beam making them hit like a gatlinggun)
2) iron magnet (basically sucks items at a wider range, about 100 blocks off-screen[not sure how big])
3) tungsten (weapon size + 100%, melee speed minus 10-20%)
4) copper lightning (each crit will produce a lightning effect dealing DPS to the enemy)
5) tin crit (increases your crit rate every time you landed a crit until it reaches maximum 100%)
6) universe stacking (each time you hit something your damage and defense will increase exponentially up to 200 times ) [NEVER TURN THIS ON UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE A MORON WHO HAVE A COPPER SHORT SWORD WITH 5000 DAMAGE]

just in case: if you dont have thorium or calamity you dont need to turn off the effects found in their tab since its not active

Dunno whats happening but When I equip the supreme deathbringer fairy, My character turns blue, and I can't move or do anything

LOL you made sure that people who have fargo and apotheosis cant use eternity without killing the chibi LOL
too bad i played hollow knight my dodging skills and reactions are too much for that chibi to land a hit on me,

for some reason i still cant summon the mutant boss whenever i throw the abomination voodoo doll on lava near mutant and abomination
so i had to install hero's mod again to spawn him, but yea nice
just 1 side note: isnt the mutant boss to powerful for players who dont have calamity?
i mean you got accessories but the weapons you posses is not even close to dealing good damage on him, you have to survive a hell of a "SANS" with steroids
while even for me i had to use yharims crystal to finish him in 1 min (while dodging its attacks)
With Calamity he has way more HP, so he's very doable if you don't have it.

Thanks.
I can try to make the toggles more descriptive, but all are pretty much named after what enchantment they come from, Tungsten is from Tungsten enchantment, Lodestone is from Lodestone enchantment

- Hiya. Thanks for the response. I'm not suggesting that you should do huge write up just for lil' me. Just giving a feedback on the older toggle system vs the config system. I can certainly see the cons for the former and pros for the latter. That said, my preference is for the older system. Again, one is that I can see the effect in-game/real time, and two, it gives a bit of room in terms of customizing each character.

- Consider this. Say you're going around the jungle and encounter a Plantera Bulb. You want to build an arena, so you want to toggle on Build Mode. But alas, you'd have to leave your game to do so. Which obviously, you wouldn't want to do.

- Perhaps the guys in your Discord prefer the new system, in which case, majority rules. I'm not complaining, the Fargo mods are pretty awesome.

- Yeah, I knew the whole "cheating" thing was gonna come up. What can I say? I'm just not as dedicated a player as I used to be.

- Here's a suggestion, perhaps keep the toggle in config, but also allow it to be accessible in-game? Best of both worlds no?

- Anywho, I'm not trying to be ungrateful or demanding that you cater to my cheaty whims. Just giving my feedback and hoping you keep up the great work.

Hey, love this mod! The QoL changes are great for when you've done things over and over again, it's nice to cut corners and make new runs more efficient...although I probably still haven't tried most other aspects of the mod :p

Anyway, I had a quick question about Fargo Mutant Mod (latest version, downloaded from the mod browser/Tmod Loader), how do you use/craft/obtain the Auto House feature? I looked through mod hotkeys, tried asking in the Terraria Reddit forums, even googled it and checked the gamepedia page, but the specific link/page to it doesn't exist?

Apologies if this has been asked/answered previously, but 161 pages is a lot to go through and I err...don't have the patience to look through them :p

Thanks in advance :)

- Hiya. Thanks for the response. I'm not suggesting that you should do huge write up just for lil' me. Just giving a feedback on the older toggle system vs the config system. I can certainly see the cons for the former and pros for the latter. That said, my preference is for the older system. Again, one is that I can see the effect in-game/real time, and two, it gives a bit of room in terms of customizing each character.

- Consider this. Say you're going around the jungle and encounter a Plantera Bulb. You want to build an arena, so you want to toggle on Build Mode. But alas, you'd have to leave your game to do so. Which obviously, you wouldn't want to do.

- Perhaps the guys in your Discord prefer the new system, in which case, majority rules. I'm not complaining, the Fargo mods are pretty awesome.

- Yeah, I knew the whole "cheating" thing was gonna come up. What can I say? I'm just not as dedicated a player as I used to be.

- Here's a suggestion, perhaps keep the toggle in config, but also allow it to be accessible in-game? Best of both worlds no?

- Anywho, I'm not trying to be ungrateful or demanding that you cater to my cheaty whims. Just giving my feedback and hoping you keep up the great work.
um im sure you didnt notice
but while your on your game playing you can open the toggles on the modconfig in the game menu while playing

Hey, love this mod! The QoL changes are great for when you've done things over and over again, it's nice to cut corners and make new runs more efficient...although I probably still haven't tried most other aspects of the mod :p

Anyway, I had a quick question about Fargo Mutant Mod (latest version, downloaded from the mod browser/Tmod Loader), how do you use/craft/obtain the Auto House feature? I looked through mod hotkeys, tried asking in the Terraria Reddit forums, even googled it and checked the gamepedia page, but the specific link/page to it doesn't exist?

Apologies if this has been asked/answered previously, but 161 pages is a lot to go through and I err...don't have the patience to look through them :p

auto house is a craftable item
i forgot its recepies since i dont r
Are you talking about controls?
no in the game menu while playing (press escape) theres a new option there called modconfig
this allows you to toggle fargo since fargo's config is linked to it
im using tmodloader 0.11.4 BTY

its a craftable item
i forgot the materials but im sure wood is one of them and torch too
bring a wood or torch to guide and see if you can find the auto house materials

Theres this sad bug ive been encountering. Whenever i Craft any of the Combined Souls for any class, my character suddenly freezes. I can jump, equip (for this example Berserker Soul), and as soon as i equip it, my character freezes in place. I cant use weapons, move, take off armor, take off accessories save for the soul. When i do remove the soul, my character is fine. Im currently doing a Melee Run and i really need the Berserker Soul. But im stuck whenever i equip it. I went through all the trouble to craft it, only to not have its effect. Now it just sits in my storage.

its a craftable item
i forgot the materials but im sure wood is one of them and torch too
bring a wood or torch to guide and see if you can find the auto house materials
It's the most information I've found on how to possibly craft it so far thanks :) I will test it out a bit later, see if I can work the recipe out :p

EDIT: Okay, so I believe I've found the mats required for the Auto House- 51 Wood and 1 Torch which requires you to be by a Sawmill.

Thanks for the push in the right direction :D

Last edited:

Yea it can still be accessed in game in settings. Also I'm not really sure how this one is any different in terms of customizing characters? Both work the same besides the location and looks

Okay, is there a place where I can get the Mutant Mod that isn't Discord, as that is blocked on my internet, and I already have the Souls Mod. It might also explain why I can't get it on the Mod Browser. Also, for some reason, the souls are making it so my character can not move at all.

Last edited:
I'm new to the forums and not sure if this is where I should be reporting bugs but the agitating lens and the supreme deathbringer fairy makes you unable to move your character.

Okay, is there a place where I can get the Mutant Mod that isn't Discord, as that is blocked on my internet, and I already have the Souls Mod. It might also explain why I can't get it on the Mod Browser. Also, for some reason, the souls are making it so my character can not move at all.
fargo souls mod makes you freeze if you have calamity or thorium that is not updated
update your calamity,
the latest calamity is still not on the mod browser so download it on the net (not discord just on the forums aof the calamity)

Back
Top Bottom