Official TCF Forum Bug List/Reporting [V2]

Alright, it looks like it's that way because we only allow our users 60 minutes to edit the title of their thread. After the time has expired it is required that users ask a moderator for thread title changes. Thus why it is blank after 60 minutes because essentially after that you are given no edit thread permissions.

This is pretty much the intended behavior.

Is this what you want?

See, this is center-aligned. The spoiler sure ain't, though.​
That's 'cuz the Table itself is stuck with the left-aligned setting.​
When creating a post, if you click the area right before the Table (where the "Insert" bubbles pop up) and look at the Alignment button, you'll see what I mean.​
The Spoiler code also duplicates, and the Table creates empty lines under it (which seem to pop up either directly under the table, or under its spoiler). No idea why any of this happens.

Spoilers have always been troublesome in RTE mode, you have to switch to BBcode mode to get them right.
All I did was put CENTER tags around the entire thing.
On my screen the spoiler is centered, but not when Bry-centric quoted it.

As an additional bug, edited profile posts give more alerts now. Don't know about edited regular posts, didn't try.

Yeah. There's probably better ways of doing that than just making everything blank though.

Not without an add-on, no, there isn't. If we made it so users couldn't edit their titles at all I could hide the edit thread button for non-staff using a conditional. However, since we have decided to allow users to edit their thread title for a small amount of time after thread creation the button needs to be there. Sometimes we are just stuck with the way Xenforo decides to do things.

On my screen the spoiler is centered, but not when Bry-centric quoted it.

As an additional bug, edited profile posts give more alerts now. Don't know about edited regular posts, didn't try.

Could you clarify what you mean by this? I'm not quite sure what you're saying.

Not without an add-on, no, there isn't. If we made it so users couldn't edit their titles at all I could hide the edit thread button for non-staff using a conditional. However, since we have decided to allow users to edit their thread title for a small amount of time after thread creation the button needs to be there. Sometimes we are just stuck with the way Xenforo decides to do things.

Could you clarify what you mean by this? I'm not quite sure what you're saying.
Which thing?

When @Bry-ccentric, in a post that I commented on, edited his post demonstrating table glitches, I got 7 alerts spaced 1-2 minutes apart (presumbably each edit) all saying that he commented on his profile post.
10 out of 10 Alerts.PNG

• Sad
Reactions: Bry
It is not fixed :(. We did do it on the same status as last time though, so that might affect it.

Looks like I'm still able to trigger the duplicate as well. I'll continue to look into it.

Edit: Reason isolated, I will update this post further when issue can be resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:
As of the update, it almost seems that each passing day, the forum is getting laggier on my device. It only seems to affect writing a post, where often it can freeze, or if I scroll past a button (like if my finger goes over a button whilst scrolling)
Can definitely confirm with the post thing. It's prettt annoying when it happens.

Edit: Also let us view new alerts without needing to refresh the page please.

Last edited:
Also let us view new alerts without needing to refresh the page please.

Xenforo claims they haven't changed the behavior from XF1 and as such they don't believe there is anything to fix. Alerts refresh on an idle page when an Ajax request is sent. (For instance, if you're writing a post and a draft is either manually or automatically saved then your alerts should refresh)

Perhaps they reduced how many Ajax requests get sent and as a side effect alerts no longer seem live. Not that this speculation matters because this isn't an aspect we have control over and XF does not see an issue that needs to be fixed.

As of the update, it almost seems that each passing day, the forum is getting laggier on my device. It only seems to affect writing a post, where often it can freeze, or if I scroll past a button (like if my finger goes over a button whilst scrolling)

It seems to function fine on my device (Pixel 3a). What device are you using and does using the default Xenforo theme have the same lag? (The longer you use the XF default theme the more conclusive the results of the test will be.)

Edit: In addition does deleting all the cache, cookies, and data in your browser result in a speed up?

This one's gonna be a long one. Me and @BlueBolt22 were exchanging a world file as we added builds, and I quoted one of his posts and deleted the quote bits, leaving only the attachement. When I hit post, this happened
TerrariaForumsGlitchAgain.PNG

In the case of the alerts system, maybe install an add-on to restore them to their original speed?

We could, theoretically install an add-on that polls the system and enables live content but I'm worried about the potential performance impact it would have on the site. We are looking to improve the speed of the site in general, not slow it down. Something to keep in mind TCF is a forum, not a live chat. I don't see any harm in simply waiting until a regular ajax request is performed for the alerts to update on an idle page. If this is an aspect that bothers you then you might want to consider turning on push notifications.

This one's gonna be a long one. Me and @BlueBolt22 were exchanging a world file as we added builds, and I quoted one of his posts and deleted the quote bits, leaving only the attachement. When I hit post, this happened
{image of error}

Usually a user would not see these errors, we had turned on debug mode for a time to investigate slow downs, but I have now turned it back off. This isn't something for you to worry about.

I have tried those methods too as apart of my own research, and it only seems to help in the short-term, and after not long, it slows back down to where it is as I type.

You're talking specifically about clearing the cache and data correct? Is the site any faster for you on firefox?

I probably have a similair problem when trying to post on my art thread. But instead I just get this message:

1570738857398.png

I thought first the attachments were the cause, but even without attachments or just posting this message seems to work fine.
I'm not sure what's the cause. is there a character limit?

Last edited:
Here I am, on Firefox. The lag is gone.

It seems XF2 performs much better in firefox and makes the most difference on devices such as mobile phones. I will look into various methods to speed performance on chrome, but for now, you may need to use firefox. Firefox has additional benefits such as: lower battery usage, lower memory usage, and better privacy/security. Though I do enjoy chrome's UI much better.

I probably have a similair problem when trying to post on my art thread. But instead I just get this message:

View attachment 228227

I thought first the attachments were the cause, but even without attachments or just posting this message seems to work fine.
I'm not sure what's the cause. is there a character limit?
I've got that a few times.

It triggered a server error on our end, I'm looking into it. For now I apologize. I'll get this resolved as soon as I can.

Edit: This should now be resolved. If you are still unable to post let me know.

Back
Top Bottom