tModLoader Mod Helpers

Version 5.0.0.4 didn't fix the issue that he is having. This is my crash log.

Edit: It crashes when it is trying to load/adding recipes.

8/29/2019 8:19:54 PM
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin must be called successfully before a Draw can be called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.InternalDraw(Texture2D texture, Vector4& destination, Boolean scaleDestination, Nullable`1& sourceRectangle, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2& origin, SpriteEffects effects, Single depth)
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFont.InternalDraw(String text, SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Vector2 startPosition, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2& scale, SpriteEffects spriteEffects, Single depth)
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFontExtensionMethods.DrawString(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont spriteFont, String text, Vector2 position, Color color)
at HamstarHelpers.Internals.Menus.Menus.DebugModeMenuInfo(GameTime _) in HamstarHelpers\Internals\Menus\Menus.cs:line 70
at System.Action`1.Invoke(T obj)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()

Version 5.0.0.4 didn't fix the issue that he is having. This is my crash log.

Edit: It crashes when it is trying to load/adding recipes.

8/29/2019 8:19:54 PM
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin must be called successfully before a Draw can be called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.InternalDraw(Texture2D texture, Vector4& destination, Boolean scaleDestination, Nullable`1& sourceRectangle, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2& origin, SpriteEffects effects, Single depth)
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFont.InternalDraw(String text, SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Vector2 startPosition, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2& scale, SpriteEffects spriteEffects, Single depth)
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFontExtensionMethods.DrawString(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont spriteFont, String text, Vector2 position, Color color)
at HamstarHelpers.Internals.Menus.Menus.DebugModeMenuInfo(GameTime _) in HamstarHelpers\Internals\Menus\Menus.cs:line 70
at System.Action`1.Invoke(T obj)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
Did you enable a debug mode config setting by chance? I'll release a patch to fix this, shortly. Tell me if disabling that setting solves this issue.

Did you enable a debug mode config setting by chance? I'll release a patch to fix this, shortly. Tell me if disabling that setting solves this issue.

I'm not sure let me check.

edit: Yes I have enabled debug mode, but will be nice if this got patched as well. Thank you.

Last edited:
Just updated to TModloader v0.11.5

When I loaded Terraria up and opened the Mod Browser, all the mod tags (which were working before) are gone.

Using Hamstars Helpers v5.1.0

Any ideas how I can enable the mod tags back to life?

Hey guys, I had the same problem mentioned before : Game freezes after loading recipes when HamstarsHelpers is enabled. I just wanted to mention that you dont need an active internet connection to sucessfully log into the game, which might be the reason why Hamstar couldnt replicate the bug. For me it worked to be in a local LAN connection with my router active, the game starts with the mod enabled without problems entirely offline, but without being connected over LAN cable it wont work. It might work with Wireless too, just try to be in a local network if the Mod does not work for you guys. It might help. Oh, and enabling or disabling Debug Mod made no difference for me. I hope this little trick can help you. It seems to me that ModHelpers just needs an assigned IP, not an active internet connection to function, but to be honest, I'm not good at that stuff and I don't understand why it may be that way, but maybe you can find out, Hamstar? Anyways, I'm glad I can enjoy my favourite Mods again, Terraria not being as hardcore as I'm used too was pretty boring, haha. As always, sorry for my bad english and the wall of text, I hope it works for you guys. See ya!

Update : After further testing, it seems my little trick does not help as much as I expected. The game still freezes after a few minutes. Sorry, I really thought it would work. :(

Last edited:
Hey guys, I had the same problem mentioned before : Game freezes after loading recipes when HamstarsHelpers is enabled. I just wanted to mention that you dont need an active internet connection to sucessfully log into the game, which might be the reason why Hamstar couldnt replicate the bug. For me it worked to be in a local LAN connection with my router active, the game starts with the mod enabled without problems entirely offline, but without being connected over LAN cable it wont work. It might work with Wireless too, just try to be in a local network if the Mod does not work for you guys. It might help. Oh, and enabling or disabling Debug Mod made no difference for me. I hope this little trick can help you. It seems to me that ModHelpers just needs an assigned IP, not an active internet connection to function, but to be honest, I'm not good at that stuff and I don't understand why it may be that way, but maybe you can find out, Hamstar? Anyways, I'm glad I can enjoy my favourite Mods again, Terraria not being as hardcore as I'm used too was pretty boring, haha. As always, sorry for my bad english and the wall of text, I hope it works for you guys. See ya!

Update : After further testing, it seems my little trick does not help as much as I expected. The game still freezes after a few minutes. Sorry, I really thought it would work. :(
Please post your list of enabled mods (enabled.json), and your client.log file.

Okay, here we go. In the attached Zip File you can find the client logs for all possible situations : What happens with Internet Connection,
without Internet Connection and what happens when I'm having my Router active without being connected to the Internet. I'm using 11.4 64 bit
ModLoader, but the problem also occurs with older versions. Being connected to the internet makes the Mod work without problems, being connected
to a Router lets me start the game, but freezes it after some time, and having no Internet or Local Connection makes the game crash on "Adding Recipes.."
For testing purposes, I have disabled all mods except Hamstars Helpers, to make sure it isnt a conflict with some other mod. I hope this may help you,
I really love your mods, but being forced to be online to start the game is a little bit annoying, as my internet connection is not that good.
Anyway, thanks for looking into it, have a nice day! See ya! :)

Attachments

• Error Log.7z
    2.9 KB · Views: 117
Okay, here we go. In the attached Zip File you can find the client logs for all possible situations : What happens with Internet Connection,
without Internet Connection and what happens when I'm having my Router active without being connected to the Internet. I'm using 11.4 64 bit
ModLoader, but the problem also occurs with older versions. Being connected to the internet makes the Mod work without problems, being connected
to a Router lets me start the game, but freezes it after some time, and having no Internet or Local Connection makes the game crash on "Adding Recipes.."
For testing purposes, I have disabled all mods except Hamstars Helpers, to make sure it isnt a conflict with some other mod. I hope this may help you,
I really love your mods, but being forced to be online to start the game is a little bit annoying, as my internet connection is not that good.
Anyway, thanks for looking into it, have a nice day! See ya! :)
Alright, the errors show some leads. I'll see what I can do.

Meanwhile, try adding/editing the following config settings (you can edit the config file in Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/ModConfig/HamstarHelpers_ModHelpersConfig.json):
Code:
"DisableModTags": true,
"DisableModMenuUpdates": true

Hey guys!
can someone help me, please? my tmodloader has been crashing after i go into the mod browser and the error comes up with

Terraria: Error (Tmodloader v0.11.4)

System.NullRefrenceExpectation: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at terraria.Modloader.UI.UIMessageBox.RedcalculateChildren()
at Terraria.UI.UiElemental.Recalculate
at Terraria.Modloader.UI.UIMessageBox.Recalculate()
etc and then it talks about xna framework can someone help me

Back
Top Bottom