tModLoader Mod Helpers

Unfortunately, after i updated to the latest version (the one for the new tmodloader update), I get an error while loading this mod, it says something about mscorlib needing a strong name, I've tried downloading directly from the mod loader browser and from this site, but both versions have this error for me, I'd appreciate some help.
This is the error log I caught which mentions mscorlib:
[18:10:36] [8/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading HamstarHelpers
The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.
System.IO.FileLoadException: Failure to load file or assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. A strong assembly name is necessary. (Exception at HRESULT: 0x80131044)
File Name: 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at HamstarHelpers.Services.Timers.Timers.SetTimer(String name, Int32 tickDuration, Func`1 action)
at HamstarHelpers.ModHelpersPrivilegedUserConfig.OnChanged() na HamstarHelpers\Config.cs:linha 34
at Terraria.ModLoader.Config.ConfigManager.Add(ModConfig config)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AutoloadConfig()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.<>c.<Load>b__39_0(Mod mod)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)

Unfortunately, after i updated to the latest version (the one for the new tmodloader update), I get an error while loading this mod, it says something about mscorlib needing a strong name, I've tried downloading directly from the mod loader browser and from this site, but both versions have this error for me, I'd appreciate some help.
This is the error log I caught which mentions mscorlib:
[18:10:36] [8/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading HamstarHelpers
System.IO.FileLoadException: Failure to load file or assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. A strong assembly name is necessary. (Exception at HRESULT: 0x80131044)
File Name: 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at HamstarHelpers.Services.Timers.Timers.SetTimer(String name, Int32 tickDuration, Func`1 action)
at HamstarHelpers.ModHelpersPrivilegedUserConfig.OnChanged() na HamstarHelpers\Config.cs:linha 34
at Terraria.ModLoader.Config.ConfigManager.Add(ModConfig config)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AutoloadConfig()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction)
Delete the HamstarHelpers_ModHelpersPrivilegedUserConfig.json file. If you happen to need the "privileged user" function, I'll have a fix for that error with the next version.

Hi Hamstar, unfortunatly I have to report that ModHelpers still doesnt work offline for me, even when using the latest version. Is there any way to fix this? Editing the config like
you said didnt help either. Same error as before. Terraria loads up to "Adding Recipes", then closes without warning or error message. :(

Hi Hamstar, unfortunatly I have to report that ModHelpers still doesnt work offline for me, even when using the latest version. Is there any way to fix this? Editing the config like
you said didnt help either. Same error as before. Terraria loads up to "Adding Recipes", then closes without warning or error message. :(
Try this version, and set DisableOwnIPCheck in the config file. Do you know where the config's json file is?

Attachments

• ModHelpers v5.2.0.2a.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Delete the HamstarHelpers_ModHelpersPrivilegedUserConfig.json file. If you happen to need the "privileged user" function, I'll have a fix for that error with the next version.
Hello, I got the same problem and I can't find the HamstarHelpers_ModHelpersPrivilegedUserConfig.json file anywhere in modloader file.

In case anyone else is having the same problem with the mscorlib thing as I was, something that seems to have fixed my problem was updating NET framework to 4.7.2.
After that I was able to use the mod normally, I didn't even have to use the alternative file that was provided above, I'm not sure if that will work for everyone else, but hopefully what worked for me will work for someone else as well.

I have problem! When i trying to enable this mod i get always this error
: An error occurred while loading HamstarHelpers
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. A strongly-named assembly is required. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131044)
File name: 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at System.Signature.GetSignature(Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, RuntimeFieldHandleInternal fieldHandle, IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)
at System.Signature..ctor(IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.GetParametersNoCopy()
at System.RuntimeType.FilterApplyMethodBase(MethodBase methodBase, BindingFlags methodFlags, BindingFlags bindingFlags, CallingConventions callConv, Type[] argumentTypes)
at System.RuntimeType.GetConstructorCandidates(String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr, CallingConventions callConv, Type[] types, Boolean allowPrefixLookup)
at System.RuntimeType.GetConstructorImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, CallingConventions callConvention, Type[] types, ParameterModifier[] modifiers)
at System.Type.GetConstructor(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Type[] types, ParameterModifier[] modifiers)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
How to deal with this error?

I have problem! When i trying to enable this mod i get always this error
: An error occurred while loading HamstarHelpers
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. A strongly-named assembly is required. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131044)
File name: 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at System.Signature.GetSignature(Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, RuntimeFieldHandleInternal fieldHandle, IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)
at System.Signature..ctor(IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.GetParametersNoCopy()
at System.RuntimeType.FilterApplyMethodBase(MethodBase methodBase, BindingFlags methodFlags, BindingFlags bindingFlags, CallingConventions callConv, Type[] argumentTypes)
at System.RuntimeType.GetConstructorCandidates(String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr, CallingConventions callConv, Type[] types, Boolean allowPrefixLookup)
at System.RuntimeType.GetConstructorImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, CallingConventions callConvention, Type[] types, ParameterModifier[] modifiers)
at System.Type.GetConstructor(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Type[] types, ParameterModifier[] modifiers)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
How to deal with this error?
You may need to update your .NET Framework. What version are you using?

My version of .Net Framework is 4.6.1
Windows 8 is not supported version newer
How I can install this mod without .Net 4.7?
Honestly, I might need some help with this one. I build this mod for v4.5.2, but it still insists it needs v4.7+. Any insight into how to address this is appreciated.

I'm getting an error during "Recipe Browser: Rebuilding Loot Cache" when loading using TModLoader v0.11.5 64-bit.

[1/FATAL] [HamstarHelpers]: ~HamstarHelpers.MenuContextServiceManager.SwitchToUI - 0:000 - 000250.98 (10000th) Could not get MenuUIDefinition UILoadMods

It just hangs after that.

I'm getting an error during "Recipe Browser: Rebuilding Loot Cache" when loading using TModLoader v0.11.5 64-bit.

[1/FATAL] [HamstarHelpers]: ~HamstarHelpers.MenuContextServiceManager.SwitchToUI - 0:000 - 000250.98 (10000th) Could not get MenuUIDefinition UILoadMods

It just hangs after that.
Does this happen with only Mod Helpers loaded? This is likely an error from another mod, as the error above is actually just a benign UI warning.

Does this happen with only Mod Helpers loaded? This is likely an error from another mod, as the error above is actually just a benign UI warning.

Turns out it wasn't hanging, it was just taking a really long time to load. Sorry for the false alarm!

Special thanks to ChloeElizabeth (on Discord) for helping track down a long-standing OnEnterWorld issue.

Back
Top Bottom