Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Well, what a great timing I have.
Our yearly Terraria-multiplayer-megamod-session should have startet 2 days ago xD
Guess we'll start a week later then :)

I'm a average Terraria player, and I've been wanting to play mods for a long time now of how cool and now stuff that's in them. I've been trying to download it, but I finally figured out from watching to video that the type of file. As you can see, its getting opened with google which makes it wrong. I AM able to change that but can change it to I can do like Microsoft store, google, bing, Editors, etc so that won't work. And to fix that I need to change the type of file to Executable Jar File but I don't know-how. right now its a JAR File. Please, I need help.View attachment 228645
TModHelp.png

I'm a average Terraria player, and I've been wanting to play mods for a long time now of how cool and now stuff that's in them. I've been trying to download it, but I finally figured out from watching to video that the type of file. As you can see, its getting opened with google which makes it wrong. I AM able to change that but can change it to I can do like Microsoft store, google, bing, Editors, etc so that won't work. And to fix that I need to change the type of file to Executable Jar File but I don't know-how. right now its a JAR File. Please, I need help.View attachment 228645View attachment 228646
Do you have Java installed? Have you tried opening the .jar with it?

I'm a average Terraria player, and I've been wanting to play mods for a long time now of how cool and now stuff that's in them. I've been trying to download it, but I finally figured out from watching to video that the type of file. As you can see, its getting opened with google which makes it wrong. I AM able to change that but can change it to I can do like Microsoft store, google, bing, Editors, etc so that won't work. And to fix that I need to change the type of file to Executable Jar File but I don't know-how. right now its a JAR File. Please, I need help.View attachment 228645View attachment 228646
You don't need to excute that file to install tML. Simply you can download zip from Github, rename Terraria.exe in \Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria and paste extracted files there. Please read readme.txt for details.

While tModLoader is down, um.. is there a way for me to install a new mod from forums without breaking anything in my existing modpack? Wanna switch AlchemistNPC with the Lite one.

Ok, so i had ModLoader installed for a while, and it worked just fine, but now its broken. The Mod Browser doesn't load, shows that its OFFLINE and recommends that i go to the site. But the site doesn't load too! What do i do???

Ok, so i had ModLoader installed for a while, and it worked just fine, but now its broken. The Mod Browser doesn't load, shows that its OFFLINE and recommends that i go to the site. But the site doesn't load too! What do i do???
It's gonna be down for several days. It is unknown when it's going to work again, so now the best option to install mods (I believe) is to browse on forums and (i guess) just launch the .tmod file for mods to install. Does the good working blip-blop noises for me

It's gonna be down for several days. It is unknown when it's going to work again, so now the best option to install mods (I believe) is to browse on forums and (i guess) just launch the .tmod file for mods to install. Does the good working blip-blop noises for me
Where did you download the mods from when i go to the Download links on forum (like that http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/download.php?Down=mods/Fargowiltas.tmod) the sites are down to. I guess it runs on the same server.

Hey, you can just take those files and move them into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria. You don't really need the .jar, you can just manually install it like that

Posted this to Thorium Discord and also Forums. Almost a week ago. No answer. Help or pointers?!
I'm getting a BAD HEADER LED TO A READ BUFFER OVERFLOW error connecting to a world on the same LAN, different machine. We can connect with no mods enabled, all the other mods we use enabled but with either just Thorium or all mods including Thorium I get this error. I really love this mod and have used it in the past (different computers) to hours of glee and want to play in my son's world! Help?!

Back
Top Bottom