Official TCF Forum Bug List/Reporting [V2]

Okay, back with more Center Alignment issues.
  1. Pressing Enter to create a new line while center-aligned sets the new line to left-aligned for some reason, and it's driving me insane.
    • Pressing Enter with the cursor at the start of a centered line with text still works; it's just when the line the cursor ends up in is empty.
  2. Pasting more than one line at a time completely isolates whatever you pasted into a separate line while having it completely ignore all formatting, including Alignment.
    • This was already a thing before the forum upgrade, though, which leads me to believe that's not going to get fixed.

Okay, back with more Center Alignment issues.
  1. Pressing Enter to create a new line while center-aligned sets the new line to left-aligned for some reason, and it's driving me insane.
    • Pressing Enter with the cursor at the start of a centered line with text still works; it's just when the line the cursor ends up in is empty.
  2. Pasting more than one line at a time completely isolates whatever you pasted into a separate line while having it completely ignore all formatting, including Alignment.
    • This was already a thing before the forum upgrade, though, which leads me to believe that's not going to get fixed.

Number 1 is not behavior I can replicate, what browser and device are you using? Does this behavior get exhibited in other browsers and on other devices?

Number 2 is just how copy paste works in most applications and browsers. Copying most of the time takes the formatting of the source, the paste function to my knowledge can't read the destination formatting and apply it to the string currently in your clipboard by default. This is support that must be done through the application or browser. Obviously number 2 is not something I can fix. The closest you can get is using the "Paste as Plain Text" function, in which chrome it is ctrl+shift+v.

When using the editor (I think it's bbcode) (the one where all effects are not applied and are tags) whenever I edit soemthing it forces me to delete a copy of everything in that message before I can delete even a single text character (I only know it's the document as it's invisible text because in my autocorrect suggestions it shows whatever text I am on)

I have no idea what you mean by this, you may need to rephrase it. You may also want to see if the behavior is exhibited in other browsers, on other devices, and other keyboard apps. Though again, I'm not really sure what you're saying to give you proper direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, it's hard to explain. This occurs on chromez and my computer too on all browsers. The gear. When you go to the one where you edit it with code like that of HTML, if I backspace, then it deletes first a non-existent version of my text before I can start removing anything. If I were to backspace here, I'd have to backspace as many characters as are in this comment, but they don't show visually.

This is behavior that I can't replicate on my end, you may want to consider using the RTE rather than the BB Editor. All devices and browsers I have tested this on exhibit regular behavior, are you sure you were able to replicate this behavior on your computer and all browsers?

Number 1 is not behavior I can replicate, what browser and device are you using? Does this behavior get exhibited in other browsers and on other devices?

Number 2 is just how copy paste works in most applications and browsers. Copying most of the time takes the formatting of the source, the paste function to my knowledge can't read the destination formatting and apply it to the string currently in your clipboard by default. This is support that must be done through the application or browser. Obviously number 2 is not something I can fix. The closest you can get is using the "Paste as Plain Text" function, in which chrome it is ctrl+shift+v.

I have no idea what you mean by this, you may need to rephrase it. You may also want to see if the behavior is exhibited in other browsers, on other devices, and other keyboard apps. Though again, I'm not really sure what you're saying to give you proper direction.
  1. I'm usin' Chrome on PC. Chrome on my phone and iPad seem to work fine, though.
    • The problem I'm having right now is with stuff I pasted in and centered, though I'm fairly certain the other time I had this problem didn't involve pasted content. I can't seem to find a consistent cause of this, either, though I've definitely seen it more than once; I'll do a bit of my own testing.
  2. Well then let's just chalk that up to me being stupid. I'll start a counter now.
[EDIT] Okay, I can't find a way to replicate it right now, but switching to BBCode Editor and back fixed the issue; I'll shut up and see if I run into the problem again.

I don't think I have been able to replicate on IE.
Reason I ever go to non realtime is because the option for strike through seems missing now.

Strike through is to the right of underline, and also you can still use bbcode in the RTE, I do it all the time.

I noticed some interesting behaviour that copy/pasting images will reüpload them on the thread (using right click on an image, then choose 'copy image'), formerly it didn't have to reüpload it again.
But if you select the image as a text (or select text along with the image, and ctrl+C that), then it'll show the image without having to reüpload. I guess this is just intentional?

I noticed some interesting behaviour that copy/pasting images will reüpload them on the thread (using right click on an image, then choose 'copy image'), formerly it didn't have to reüpload it again.
But if you select the image as a text (or select text along with the image, and ctrl+C that), then it'll show the image without having to reüpload. I guess this is just intentional?

This is intended behavior with Xenforo's newest version that I personally don't like. It may have to do with how browsers currently handle copying single images or it may be 100% on Xenforo's side. Either way it is behavior that I don't have control over, I don't like the idea of automatically uploaded image attachments but I don't have a say until Xenforo either adds an option to disable it or patches it out.

With how laggy the site's become at this moment in time, I think this place still needs optimizations.

The site was slow for a bit because we had a large number of users log on between 4:40 MST - 5:10 MST, this doesn't excuse it, just explain it. This was right around the time of Cenx's announcement. Also our host has issues that are being resolved soon and I'm always looking into ways to increase speed especially when we have a higher load.

My connection is timing out a lot right now.

Most likely related to the reason above, I'll look into it but I'm not seeing a high number of timeouts across the board only from a few IP's.

For now, stay tuned and I'll see what I can do.

Clicking to the right of the 1st spoiler in @TerrarianGamer0527 's signature will lead you to the thread for a support banner he has in the second spoiler (you do not have to open either spoiler for this to work)
Excuse me @TheWorfer27,
What did you mention about my banner?
What happens is that I have nothing to do with this conversation and you put my name and then I was notified.
And I don't know what you mean by that.

We made a large change in our back-end structure. This should eliminate the timeout issues users had when we have high traffic. It should also, hopefully, retain some speed at a higher number of connections.

Time will tell, we'll keep our eye on it and continue to make adjustments as needed.

I've noticed that the page navigator only appears on the bottom of the page/posts. And I thought it used to be on both top and bottom of the posts.

So if I want to see the first or last post, I've to scroll all the way to the bottom first. (As far I know on mobile). Is it possible to add them back on the top too?

Back
Top Bottom