Mobile Autopause options

VDragunov

Terrarian
Not sure if this is on any other platform (or been suggested already), but it'd be neat to have a bit more control on when the game chooses to autopause, IE: when checking the inventory, bank, chests, npc shops, etc.

It'd make shopping or checking your inventory (IE: for the sake of swapping your tactical shotgun for that super neat demonic chain gun that just dropped) during events a lot less stressful, because checking which potions you've used/need to refresh while you're in the middle of getting a fistful of bullets from the Frost Moon / Martian Invasion well… it ain't fun if you're not into the risk of dying in the middle of the process.

Specially because I'm the kind of guy that just stares at the inventory for like a whole minute thinking "wait, what was I supposed to do now?"; Being able to watch my inventory without in-game time passing by would be really helpful at those moments.

iirc mobile autopausing was removed because it was too easy to abuse and spam in order to slow down time and ultra-instinct bosses. However, this argument isn't very valid when you realize that the PC version can do the exact same thing. PC version currently allows autopause on all of the things you suggested, so it doesn't really give mobile players any unfair advantage to have the same.

Not sure if this is on any other platform (or been suggested already), but it'd be neat to have a bit more control on when the game chooses to autopause, IE: when checking the inventory, bank, chests, npc shops, etc.

It'd make shopping or checking your inventory (IE: for the sake of swapping your tactical shotgun for that super neat demonic chain gun that just dropped) during events a lot less stressful, because checking which potions you've used/need to refresh while you're in the middle of getting a fistful of bullets from the Frost Moon / Martian Invasion well… it ain't fun if you're not into the risk of dying in the middle of the process.

Specially because I'm the kind of guy that just stares at the inventory for like a whole minute thinking "wait, what was I supposed to do now?"; Being able to watch my inventory without in-game time passing by would be really helpful at those moments.
iirc mobile autopausing was removed because it was too easy to abuse and spam in order to slow down time and ultra-instinct bosses. However, this argument isn't very valid when you realize that the PC version can do the exact same thing. PC version currently allows autopause on all of the things you suggested, so it doesn't really give mobile players any unfair advantage to have the same.

The mobile autopause was implemented this way as it is being removed from PC in 1.4. I assume the developers felt it would be strange to add it then remove it later.

1573409039592.png

The mobile autopause was implemented this way as it is being removed from PC in 1.4. I assume the developers felt it would be strange to add it then remove it later.

View attachment 229869

Oh.
RIP, topic.

It'd still be nice to at least be able to manually pause at those moments, though (is that an option? I've never seen the pause button on the screen)

Back
Top Bottom