tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I actually haven't been able to get into a world after re-enabling Thorium after its update. When I go to make a new world (because Thorium has things that it spawns in the world like in the ocean etc) it just crashes my game. At first I thought it was tied to Calamity somehow, because I saw the same exact error message in a post over there saying it was Calamity. But it didn't make sense, because me and my friend were playing almost perfectly fine (Calamity Music mod caused us some issues for some reason and had to be deactivated) with no crashes at all.

I updated Thorium just a bit ago, after just randomly checking the mod browser and seeing the update button again. To which it only had Thorium to update. I was kinda hopeful, because Thorium is nice to have with Calamity, it allows for diversity and options while not being as overbearing as Calamity is in terms of "difficulty". Sadly, with Thorium enabled, any time I try to load into a world I get this error after a crash to desktop:
1572973672876.png

Well, Thorium broke YoYo's. When I have Thorium enabled none of my yoyo's do damage, vanilla and modded alike. Thanks for a great mod! I hope the yoyo issue gets resolved :D

On my world Scarlet Chests also will not open even after fixing the graphical issue
All Modded Chests/Containers break after loading the game without the required mods and then re-enabling them.
Scarlet Crates exist but those require Fishing Lines found in scarlet chests, so best bet would be create a new throwaway small world. (Or just cheat using Hero'sMod or CheatSheet )

Last edited:
Well, Thorium broke YoYo's. When I have Thorium enabled none of my yoyo's do damage, vanilla and modded alike. Thanks for a great mod! I hope the yoyo issue gets resolved :D
Same here. In fact, for me, no projectiles or summons of any kind work at all.

Associated error message:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ThoriumMod.ThoriumProjectile' from assembly 'ThoriumMod_0, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at FargowiltasSouls.FargoPlayer.ThoriumModifyProj(Projectile proj, NPC target, Int32 damage, Boolean crit)
at FargowiltasSouls.FargoPlayer.ModifyHitNPCWithProj(Projectile proj, NPC target, Int32& damage, Single& knockback, Boolean& crit, Int32& hitDirection) in FargowiltasSouls\FargoPlayer.cs:line 1718
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.ModifyHitNPCWithProj(Projectile proj, NPC target, Int32& damage, Single& knockback, Boolean& crit, Int32& hitDirection)
at Terraria.Projectile.Damage()
at Terraria.Projectile.Update(Int32 i)
at DMD<Terraria.Main::DoUpdate>(Main , GameTime )
at BaseLibrary.Hooking.Main_DoUpdate(orig_DoUpdate orig, Main self, GameTime gameTime) in BaseLibrary\Hooking\Hooking.cs:line 105
at DMD<DMD<Hook<Terraria.Main::DoUpdate>?15228245>?49266020::Hook<Terraria.Main::DoUpdate>?15228245>(Main , GameTime )
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

Yeah, from what a lot of folks are saying here it sounds like the last thorium update proke any kind of projectile weapon... That's like most of them :p

Well I've been having some issues with both Calamity and Thorium especially trying them together now with updates throws an error for calamity not getting along with thorium. So just roll back to the previous update until they fix it. You should be able to just search for it online.

Hey I also got a problem after the thorium patch.
It tells me this
View attachment 229614
My friend got that same exact error yesterday when we were trying to figure out which mod was causing us issues... Once we disabled Thorium, we promptly got back to playing... Hope things get updated soon, and also hope it won't require things like TModLoader to also get an update for stability stuff. But it's always a possibility.

Well I've been having some issues with both Calamity and Thorium especially trying them together now with updates throws an error for calamity not getting along with thorium. So just roll back to the previous update until they fix it. You should be able to just search for it online.
There's a link to 1.6.0.4 just a little further up on this page, so that's a problem solved. Thanks for the recommendation.

My friend got that same exact error yesterday when we were trying to figure out which mod was causing us issues... Once we disabled Thorium, we promptly got back to playing... Hope things get updated soon, and also hope it won't require things like TModLoader to also get an update for stability stuff. But it's always a possibility.

Thorium Mod along with Fargo's Souls are causing the projectile error.
Please wait for a new Fargo's Souls update or try disabling Fargo's Souls or downgrade Thorium to the previous version.

Thorium Mod along with Fargo's Souls are causing the projectile error.
Please wait for a new Fargo's Souls update or try disabling Fargo's Souls or downgrade Thorium to the previous version.
I don't have an issue with projectiles because Thorium flat crashes me to desktop >_> And I confirmed it was Thorium via disabling Calamity and Shadows of Abaddon. If it was a crash directly linked to Fargo's Souls just because of how overhauled things like Bard etc are in Thorium, then I can wait for a while till Thorium is fixed and Fargo's updates for the current patch. Until then, I have no issues with Fargo's + Calamity + Shadows of Abaddon. Among other, smaller, ease of life mods.

broke.PNG

I only have Thorium enabled on this world and all the furniture and chests are bugged out (invisible), but still interactable. Excuse the hideous character.

im getting this error and i cant seem to fix it:

[20/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading ThoriumMod
The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.Instantiate(LoadedMod mod)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<InstantiateMods>b__1(LoadedMod mod)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad, CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModOrganizer.LoadMods(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)

Does anyone else know how to?

Last edited:
I only have Thorium enabled on this world and all the furniture and chests are bugged out (invisible), but still interactable. Excuse the hideous character.

Try breaking Thorium Anvil (if you remeber it's spot), that fixed it for me. If not, also try other Thorium furniture/crafting stations (like Grim Pedestal, Arcane Armor Fabricator).

im getting this error and i cant seem to fix it:

[20/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading ThoriumMod
The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.Instantiate(LoadedMod mod)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<InstantiateMods>b__1(LoadedMod mod)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods(List`1 modsToLoad, CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.ModOrganizer.LoadMods(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)

Does anyone else know how to?
I am getting the same error and hav tried everything to fix but cannot find a fix i am still on windows 7 could that possibly be the problem?

nvm found a fix update to .net framework 4.7.2

Last edited:
im getting a access is denied error when trying to update my .net framework while running as admin, anyone here know a workaround? Google has been no help

Back
Top Bottom