Portfolio/Multi-Topic Farming QoL stuff

VDragunov

Terrarian
This topic, as well as the items in question, could really use some improvement in the naming department.

To some, it's practical to save your piggy bank in your safe (or your safe & defender's forge in your money through), to me, well… that sounds more of a hassle than it is actually worth, specially if you're just cleaning your inventory in the middle of exploration.

So why not craft a combination of the three? If it were to considered OP, well, here's an idea on how to make it worth to have this item:

Defender's Forge + Safe + Money Through + Souls of Sight = Eye of Insurance.
Suggested tooltip: Always watching, always storing.

Follows the same mechanic as the money through, instead summoning a mechanical floating eye. As a bonus, it mitigates money loss upon death by 25%.

Eye of Insurance + Void Bag + Suspicious Looking Tentacle at the Ancient Manipulator: Ancient Treasure Key.
Suggested Tooltip: The gate to all of the world's treasures. [subtle Fate/Prototype Reference]

Obviously enough, a combination of its component items, a light pet that will also handle all of your storage needs, good for building maps the old fashion way, or endgame exploration.

As to how you could actually use the items: when checking their storage, a small piggy bank/safe/forge/void bag icon would appear next to it, so you could alternate between the four by clicking; the default one (the one that appears when clicking the eye) would be the piggy bank, of course.

-----------

As for enemy grinding, here's my idea on how to make it less of a hell.

Super Magnet: Wouldn't it be awesome to have a gold ring that works with items instead? Well this could be it.
Suggested Tooltip: Equip, approach items, ???, profit!
Method of Acquisition: Dropped by granite enemies; statues have the usual lower chance to drop.

This would really help you get items that are too far away for you to notice them, so the stardust dragon wouldn't accidentally make the game laggier on low-end devices by having a bunch of unpicked items just lying around (at the very least, this would decrease the odds of such happenstance, it'd also make accidental summons of the WoF way harder)

Rogue's Classified Pickpocketing Guide: increases the amount of items dropped by an enemy by 20% (rounded down), and the odds for an item to drop by 10%.
Suggested tooltip: it mostly tells you to roll a d20, but it's still very helpful!
Method of Acquisition: Same as the Water Bolt, this one would be green with black stripes.

Ring of Avarice: A combination of the last two items.
Suggested Tooltip: Mineminemineminemine!

Ring of Hoarding: A combination of the greedy ring and the ring of avarice.
Suggested Tooltip: the one ring to farm them all.

Credit also goes to the Omega Derpling & J. Bame 666 for helping with the suggestion

Last edited:
I generally like this suggestion... I only have two issues with it.
  • What about the Void Vault? It's essentially a fourth piggy bank with more functionality, yet you didn't mention it in the Eye of Insurance.
  • That pet seems VERY overpowered for a slot meant entirely for cosmetics. I'd rather it become a light pet as that slot is meant for more than cosmetics and it doesn't emit light so there would be a drawback for using it.

Quality of Life for the win.

Super Magnet: Wouldn't it be awesome to have a coin ring that works with items instead? Well this could be it.
Suggested Tooltip: Equip, Approach items, ???, profit!
Method of Adquisition: Magnet (acquired from granite enemies) + 20 iron bars at a Furnace.

I'm surprised something like this doesn't exist yet. I feel like it would be much better if the Super Magnet was simply dropped as the crafting recipe is kinda redundant and unnecessary.

That pet seems VERY overpowered for a slot meant entirely for cosmetics. I'd rather it become a light pet as that slot is meant for more than cosmetics and it doesn't emit light so there would be a drawback for using it.

I feel like it would be better if the Golden Eye was a Suspicious Looking Tentacle rework, since that is hardly worth the Expert drop slot and this would make it so much better.

I feel like it would be better if the Golden Eye was a Suspicious Looking Tentacle rework, since that is hardly worth the Expert drop slot and this would make it so much better.
It's the only non-rainbow expert drop, so maybe that means it wouldn't be too weird to use it in a crafting recipe then?

What about the Void Vault? It's essentially a fourth piggy bank with more functionality, yet you didn't mention it in the Eye of Insurance.

I honestly didn't know it existed, sorry.

After reading a bit about it, I feel like it should be there, but since we don't know at what stage of the game would we have access to it, it's hard to suggest which of the two could add void bag functions though I'm tempted to add it to the Treasure Key, as by that point there's really not much to unlock.

I feel like it would be much better if the Super Magnet was simply dropped as the crafting recipe is kinda redundant and unnecessary.

Since it is such an useful item, I wanted to add a bit more difficulty towards acquiring it than just slamming granite golems statues on a lava farm and waiting.
Though you can already do that with the money through and equally rare and useful items, so... I'll just go ahead and edit.

It's the only non-rainbow expert drop, so maybe that means it wouldn't be too weird to use it in a crafting recipe then?

Since it'd have the SLT in the recipe, wouldn't it be weird if the resulting item didn't emit light? Given the added difficulty of acquiring the SLT, I don't think it'd be OP for it to have all of the functions.

Specially because after defeating the Moon Lord in expert mode, there isn't much to do anyway.

Since it'd have the SLT in the recipe, wouldn't it be weird if the resulting item didn't emit light? Given the added difficulty of acquiring the SLT, I don't think it'd be OP for it to have all of the functions.
Yeah, It's probably fine for it to emit light if it's the reward for clearing expert mode...

Updated the suggestion with what's been discussed so far, and also edited some mistakes I made (IE: the Super Magnet being a gold ring equivalent, not a coin ring one)

Back
Top Bottom