Terraria 1.3.4 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least 3 rooms in my base are now not valid housing after the update to 1.3.4. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong? I suspect it might be the wallpaper used, but I'm not sure as I haven't had time to test it yet.

Edit: It's probably not the wallpaper that's the issue.
Edit2: I have figured out what's wrong; it seems the calculation for what a valid room should look like has changed. Now it requires the floor has a free tile with nothing on it. I fixed my rooms by moving the chair to a platform above the door.

I did some post about how NPC housing works at PC some time ago.

Link is from PC version 1.3.5. Housing was bugged in earlier PC version. With bug fixing some flats did not work anymore at PC too. Maybe console got a 1.3.5 PC bug-fix in 1.3.4. However no guarantee console housing is equal to PC now.

In short: they don't like to stay near chests or doors.
The top circle flat should be valid if you move the chair to the left of the chest.
The middle and bottom flat e.g. if you replace the dresser with a normal table.

Last edited:
I did some post about how NPC housing works at PC some time ago.

Link is from PC version 1.3.5. Housing was bugged in earlier PC version. With bug fixing some flats did not work anymore at PC too. Maybe console got a 1.3.5 PC bug-fix in 1.3.4. However no guarantee console housing is equal to PC now.
Thanks for the link to your housing article. That may actually be how it works now on console.
I guess console received a little bit of 1.3.5 after all.
The top circle flat should be valid if you move the chair to the left of the chest.
The middle and bottom flat e.g. if you replace the dresser with a normal table.
Moving the chair to the left of the chest in the wizards room works :) (and look less weird than a chair on the wall).
Replacing the dressers are unfortunately not an option as I use them for storage. I'll keep it in mind for when I build another base though. For now I'll have to live with having the chair on the wall instead.

@Loki were you aware that the Old One's Skeletons are coming up as "Kill Count Unavailable" (so no banner)?

No - I’ll have to check it on my consoles tomorrow. I know the Dark Mage and Ogre don’t have banners (obviously), but the skeletons should.

Is There Any Chance That Terraria Crashing When I Get To The Edge Of The World While Zoomed In Was Fixed In This Update?
I only experienced this before while playing multiplayer with my buddy (PS4), the first thing I did after the update was run to the edge of the map. Didn't have the issue the first few times, but it did crash eventually towards the edge and crashed the map for him as the host. At least we can do pumpkin moons without booting me out now, and my grand design works now! A few lil bugs I've noticed still exist, but those were awesome to see resolved!

I think I found a bug that when the Tavernkeeper dies he won’t respawn. I had already found him And talked to him and assigned him a room but he died before he teleported

I think I found a bug that when the Tavernkeeper dies he won’t respawn. I had already found him And talked to him and assigned him a room but he died before he teleported
That glitch has happened to others including me. There is a page in console guides called tavernkeep not respawning if you want to discuss this

I only experienced this before while playing multiplayer with my buddy (PS4), the first thing I did after the update was run to the edge of the map. Didn't have the issue the first few times, but it did crash eventually towards the edge and crashed the map for him as the host. At least we can do pumpkin moons without booting me out now, and my grand design works now! A few lil bugs I've noticed still exist, but those were awesome to see resolved!
I've Only Noticed This Bug When There's A Large Amount Of Water Present, It Hasn't Happened In Hell, Strangely Enough.

Also, With The Grand Design, Are You Referring To The Bug Where When You Put Your Cursor On A Sloped Block, It Stops?

Also, With The Grand Design, Are You Referring To The Bug Where When You Put Your Cursor On A Sloped Block, It Stops?

Haven't noticed that, I was referring to joining a game in multiplayer before the update on ps4, was unable to use grand design at all, or multi-wrench either. Wouldn't lay wire or cut wire. Strange enough the single color wrenches would work. Didn't matter if I hosted or my friend. Same result. Not anymore though! Works great now AND I can see all the wires my buddy layed.

I blame it on my friends internet connection haha. I just made him do all the wiring so was worse for him than me anyhow lol

Haven't noticed that, I was referring to joining a game in multiplayer before the update on ps4, was unable to use grand design at all, or multi-wrench either. Wouldn't lay wire or cut wire. Strange enough the single color wrenches would work. Didn't matter if I hosted or my friend. Same result. Not anymore though! Works great now AND I can see all the wires my buddy layed.
This isn't limited to multiplayer.

I have had a bug where A. Multiplayer makes little to no Sound FX and B. Almost permanent sandstorms! I am getting upset about this problem.
I am having almost constant sandstorms as well. This is not a glitch. Sandstorms act like other storms, they can happen at any time so there is a chance it can be almost constant.

This isn't limited to multiplayer.
Personally haven't had the issue in single player, even when it was happening it was only for the person joining not hosting. I have only had time to try it out once in multiplayer since the update but it seemed to be taken care of for me.

I cant hear the audio when im playing splitscreen. The audio only seems to cut out on the main character’s screen, and the audio only cuts out when the 2 players are far apart like 100 blocks apart. Please fix this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom