tModLoader Reduced Grinding

Hello !
It's been a while since I use this mod in every modpack I make on terraria, love everything, but for an unknown reasons, during all the playthroughs I did since the stationary merchant was added, he always keep an empty inventory...anyone already had a similar problem ?

Hello !
It's been a while since I use this mod in every modpack I make on terraria, love everything, but for an unknown reasons, during all the playthroughs I did since the stationary merchant was added, he always keep an empty inventory...anyone already had a similar problem ?
He adds items overtime and the further your into the game, the faster he will add. Did he still have an empty inventory by the end of the game?

He adds items overtime and the further your into the game, the faster he will add. Did he still have an empty inventory by the end of the game?
Well, we're actually in hardmod, wich, if i understood correctly, makes his chances to get an item from the traveling merchant everytime he spawns to 100%, but he still doesn't have anything in any of his shop ...

Well, we're actually in hardmod, wich, if i understood correctly, makes his chances to get an item from the traveling merchant everytime he spawns to 100%, but he still doesn't have anything in any of his shop ...
I need to update my description page. I made a change earlier that made it so the Restock Order is always available. The Stationary Merchant will only restock if you have it in your inventory. If you do have it in your inventory, then it could be that tModLoader 0.11 broke it. I actually just fixed all parts of my mod that broke from v0.11 with this next update:

NEW UPDATE version 5.0 for tModLoader 0.11.5
  • Parts of my mod broken from the 0.11 update and are now fixed.
  • tModLoader 0.11 made it so that while in a server, clients' game will use the host's configurations. Because of this, I removed the ridiculously large part of that mod that struggled to keep it compatibility with multiplayer. Now tModLoader handles that compatibility.
Before this I had to copy my configuration lines about 5 different times in different parts of my mod, alter them, then add some more added coding in between. The whole thing was a mess, and I still had to remove some configurations that were impossible to be compatible. I'm curious if my mod has the record for the most configurations available. If so, I can definitely see why, it was pain. tModLoader 0.11 really helps my mod. I might even be able to add other configurations I removed, back into the mod (for example: recipe configurations). I'll track down everything I removed though.

hey, ive been struggling to make the expert change potion, the recipe wont show up even when im on singleplayer, what gives?

hey, ive been struggling to make the expert change potion, the recipe wont show up even when im on singleplayer, what gives?
That used to be craftable but I had to change it to being sold by the Merchant in singleplayer only while being non-configurable in order to fix multiplayer incompatibilities. With tModLoader 0.11 I'll make it configurable and available for multiplayer again.

The configured drop rates are additive, right? They just add to the vanilla rates?
I was trying to get a rod of discord and steadily increasing the rates, eventually I just said screw it at set the rate to 1.00, but the damn thing's still not dropping. Am I doing something wrong? It is the LootRodofDiscordIncrease variable right?
I am in expert mode but I thought that didn't make a difference.

The configured drop rates are additive, right? They just add to the vanilla rates?
I was trying to get a rod of discord and steadily increasing the rates, eventually I just said screw it at set the rate to 1.00, but the damn thing's still not dropping. Am I doing something wrong? It is the LootRodofDiscordIncrease variable right?
I am in expert mode but I thought that didn't make a difference.
I put it at 100% and it dropped each time. You're killing
Chaos_Elemental.png
Chaos Elementals right? Are you editing the right configuration file (right now it's "Reduced Grinding v4.67.json").

Wait aren't you up to v5.0 now? I was using v4.67 but the mod says 5.0.
It's at 5.0, but the configuration settings didn't get updated with the last update, so the configuration is still at 4.67. Updating the configuration file number would disable everyone's previous configuration files which will undo any changes they've made for no reason, so I don't update the number unless there has been configuration changes.

Um, I want to point out that the sundials and moondials don't work anymore. I haven't tampered with the code and I also deleted and redownloaded the mod. I don't know if it's a mod in the modpack I'm using, but I know they were working in our early tests of using the mudpack. The recent update screwed them up, perhaps?

Um, I want to point out that the sundials and moondials don't work anymore. I haven't tampered with the code and I also deleted and redownloaded the mod. I don't know if it's a mod in the modpack I'm using, but I know they were working in our early tests of using the mudpack. The recent update screwed them up, perhaps?
Thanks for reporting this. tModLoader 0.11 seemed to have broke this part of my mod. I'm currently trying to get help for this in Discord.

love the mod
Thanks, I'm glad you do.

Okay, I fixed it in this udpate:

Update 5.1
  • Fixed tiles using old right click coding.
  • Fixed dials not working in multiplayer.

So, I came up with an idea for an item a while back that would be a good fit for this mod, which are Bloodmoon Flowers. They are crafted with a sunflower, corruption seeds, and demonite bars (or alternatively, crimson seeds and crimtane bars).

When placed, it acts as a kind of "anti-sunflower", in that it blocks the spread of hallow, increases spawn rates, and applies a 10% speed buff to hostile mobs.

I am not sure the non-travelling merchant is working right. Often it doesn't update his inventory at all, unless I buy that paper thing from him, EVEN in a playthrough with no content mods.

And now I started playing more modded (added thorium, antiaris, spirit and crystillium), and the paper thing doesn't work anymore either, the travelling merchant shows up with new items ,and the non-travelling one doesn't update his store at all, ever.

So, I came up with an idea for an item a while back that would be a good fit for this mod, which are Bloodmoon Flowers. They are crafted with a sunflower, corruption seeds, and demonite bars (or alternatively, crimson seeds and crimtane bars).

When placed, it acts as a kind of "anti-sunflower", in that it blocks the spread of hallow, increases spawn rates, and applies a 10% speed buff to hostile mobs.
Sorry for the late reply. I appreciate the idea, but I don't feel like it's a good fit for this mod. I already have a chaos and war potion which boost spawn rates, and I don't think the speed buff will help that much when it comes to gaining items faster. Sunflowers are great early-game utility to stop corruption/crimson, but by the time you enter hardmode, it's easier to create large shafts/tunnels to prevent the corruption/crimson/hallow from spreading. Before fighting the Wall of Flesh, I always prepare for hardmode by digging a large square around my town, so it wont spread to it.
I am not sure the non-travelling merchant is working right. Often it doesn't update his inventory at all, unless I buy that paper thing from him, EVEN in a playthrough with no content mods.

And now I started playing more modded (added thorium, antiaris, spirit and crystillium), and the paper thing doesn't work anymore either, the travelling merchant shows up with new items ,and the non-travelling one doesn't update his store at all, ever.
Sorry for the late reply. The Traveling Merchant not randomly resetting his shop unless you have the Restock Order, is how the mechanic is supposed to work; this is so you have a way of prevent him spamming a reset and reset message if you already have all you need from him. The more permanent vanilla NPCs you have, the more often he'll reset his shop.

If playing modded is still causing problems with the Stationary Merchant not gaining items from the Traveling Merchant: try backing up your worlds and mods, use process of elimination to find which mod is incompatible, then post it here (summoning the Traveling Merchant with the "CheatSheet" mod can speed this up).

Are there plans to make the config file editable through the new in game config access (new tmod feature). This is not needed but a great QoL feature that you don't have to go look for the config and can instead just click the button and get to editing the rates. Though this might be annoying with the sliders that it uses.

Myself and a friend have been having issues with the Biome Lockboxes (
1576192091469.png
)
Attempting to open them (via right click) simply selects them in inventory, even when having biome keys.

We're not sure if it's a bug, or if we're just incompetent.
Mod version v5.1 in the mod browser.

Please help. This mod seemed to have broken the traveling merchant. The config has the default settings except for dynasty shingles and dynasty wood all at 1.0. I cannot get a traveling merchant to spawn.

Back
Top Bottom