tModLoader Mod Helpers

I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug, but everytime I use cleanup unused mod tiles, it freezes my game and 100% of the time I have to force close it, after I relaunch terraria the unused tiles are still there and not removed. not sure if the freezing is supposed to happen when it cleans up the unused tiles but I have left it on for more than 10 minutes and came back to it still being frozen.

I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug, but everytime I use cleanup unused mod tiles, it freezes my game and 100% of the time I have to force close it, after I relaunch terraria the unused tiles are still there and not removed. not sure if the freezing is supposed to happen when it cleans up the unused tiles but I have left it on for more than 10 minutes and came back to it still being frozen.
I'll look into it. Thanks for reporting.

Can you send me your client.log file when this happens?

I think I have found the issue, It seems that it was trying to kill a calamity tile but it kept failing to do so therefore freezing my game and forcing me to shut down. I figured that since the new calamity mod update has been buggy, I would not have expected that this issue would be brought up in this mod. Anyway this is the error code line that it spammed.

(edit, I have removed the calamity mod and after doing so it didn't freeze one me, so it is the mod itself and not this mod)

(edit 2, I have talked to the devs in calamity and they don't have mod compatibly for this mod, they didn't even bother to take accord to what I reported. I hope you can fix this in the next update.

[19:32:18] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at CalamityMod.Tiles.CalamityGlobalTile.KillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean& fail, Boolean& effectOnly, Boolean& noItem) in CalamityMod\Tiles\CalamityGlobalTile.cs:line 154
at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.KillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean& fail, Boolean& effectOnly, Boolean& noItem)
at Terraria.WorldGen.KillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean fail, Boolean effectOnly, Boolean noItem)
at HamstarHelpers.Helpers.Tiles.TileHelpers.KillTile(Int32 tileX, Int32 tileY, Boolean effectOnly, Boolean dropsItem) in HamstarHelpers\Helpers\Tiles\TileHelpers.cs:line 154
at HamstarHelpers.Internals.ControlPanel.ModControlPanel.UIModControlPanelTab.<>c__DisplayClass32_0.<InitializeComponents>b__5(UIMouseEvent _, UIElement __) in HamstarHelpers\Internals\ControlPanel\ModControlPanel\UIModControlPanel_Init.cs:line 179
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Click(UIMouseEvent evt)
at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.Update(GameTime time)
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

Last edited:
It has fixed the freezing, but now it won't clean up the tiles, or even try to, another log is found here

[15:31:02] [38/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.OperationCanceledException: The operation was canceled.
at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForWorker[TLocal](Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Func`4 bodyWithLocal, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.For(Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body)
at HamstarHelpers.Commands.CleanupModTilesCommand.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<CleanupAsync>b__0() in HamstarHelpers\Commands\CleanupModTilesCommand.cs:line 34
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecutionContextCallback(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean bPreventDoubleExecution)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

It has fixed the freezing, but now it won't clean up the tiles, or even try to, another log is found here

[15:31:02] [38/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.OperationCanceledException: The operation was canceled.
at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForWorker[TLocal](Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body, Action`2 bodyWithState, Func`4 bodyWithLocal, Func`1 localInit, Action`1 localFinally)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.For(Int32 fromInclusive, Int32 toExclusive, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action`1 body)
at HamstarHelpers.Commands.CleanupModTilesCommand.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<CleanupAsync>b__0() in HamstarHelpers\Commands\CleanupModTilesCommand.cs:line 34
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecutionContextCallback(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean bPreventDoubleExecution)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
That error may be because of Calamity still, but thanks for reporting it. If WorldGen.KillTile is throwing an exception, then the mod tile cleanup will still fail.

If Calamity is not the cause, I'll try to at least failsafe it a bit more, until I can get a clearer read on the matter.

Hello Hamstar,
i have issue with the mod after updating tModLoader to v0.11.5

After i download the mod i get this error: [00:22:42] [1/INFO] [tML]: Starting tModLoader v0.11.5 Windows client [00:22:42 - Pastebin.com
And this one right after: [00:22:42] [1/INFO] [tML]: Starting tModLoader v0.11.5 Windows client [00:22:42 - Pastebin.com

did i do something wrong with updating any of my mods?
You might need to update Mod Helpers manually. Otherwise, try running tML without mods loaded.

You might need to update Mod Helpers manually. Otherwise, try running tML without mods loaded.

When i run tml without mods loaded it works but it crashes when i try to enable Mod Helpers.
I removed Mod Helpers and reinstalled manually and removed and installed via mod browser, it crashes in both instances on enabling.

e. also tried to install previous versions manually but they crash as well

e2. however, if i install previous version, it doesnt allow it to enable but the game doesn't crash to windows.

Last edited:
When i run tml without mods loaded it works but it crashes when i try to enable Mod Helpers.
I removed Mod Helpers and reinstalled manually and removed and installed via mod browser, it crashes in both instances on enabling.

e. also tried to install previous versions manually but they crash as well

e2. however, if i install previous version, it doesnt allow it to enable but the game doesn't crash to windows.
Weird. Are you using the latest version?

Edit: You might need to update .NET Framework to v4.7.2.

Hello, Hamstar! Help me please.

[14:33:20] [14/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading HamstarHelpers
The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.
System.IO.FileLoadException: Failed to load file or assembly "mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" either one of their dependencies. Strong Name Build Required. (exception to HRESULT: 0x80131044)
file name: 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
in System.Signature.GetSignature(Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, RuntimeFieldHandleInternal fieldHandle, IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)
in System.Signature..ctor(IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)
in System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.GetParametersNoCopy()
in System.RuntimeType.FilterApplyMethodBase(MethodBase methodBase, BindingFlags methodFlags, BindingFlags bindingFlags, CallingConventions callConv, Type[] argumentTypes)
in System.RuntimeType.GetConstructorCandidates(String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr, CallingConventions callConv, Type[] types, Boolean allowPrefixLookup)
in System.RuntimeType.GetConstructorImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, CallingConventions callConvention, Type[] types, ParameterModifier[] modifiers)
in System.Type.GetConstructor(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Type[] types, ParameterModifier[] modifiers)
in Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
in Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.<>c.<Load>b__39_0(Mod mod)
in Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction)
in Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token)
in Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)

Hello, Hamstar! Help me please.

[14:33:20] [14/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading HamstarHelpers
The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.
System.IO.FileLoadException: Failed to load file or assembly "mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" either one of their dependencies. Strong Name Build Required. (exception to HRESULT: 0x80131044)
file name: 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
in System.Signature.GetSignature(Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, RuntimeFieldHandleInternal fieldHandle, IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)
in System.Signature..ctor(IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)
in System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.GetParametersNoCopy()
in System.RuntimeType.FilterApplyMethodBase(MethodBase methodBase, BindingFlags methodFlags, BindingFlags bindingFlags, CallingConventions callConv, Type[] argumentTypes)
in System.RuntimeType.GetConstructorCandidates(String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr, CallingConventions callConv, Type[] types, Boolean allowPrefixLookup)
in System.RuntimeType.GetConstructorImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, CallingConventions callConvention, Type[] types, ParameterModifier[] modifiers)
in System.Type.GetConstructor(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Type[] types, ParameterModifier[] modifiers)
in Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
in Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.<>c.<Load>b__39_0(Mod mod)
in Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction)
in Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token)
in Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)
See above post.

im getting a access is denied error when trying to update my .net framework while running as admin, anyone here know a workaround? Google has been no help

Back
Top Bottom