tModLoader Apacchii's Classes mod

Hey @Apacchii I have a few mods that add starting items to your hotbar, it has reached that stage where that amount is so much that it fills the hotbar completely and excess items just vanish, in this case the Class Picker vanishes and I am left classless until WoF is there a workaround for this? The item does not go into my inventory if hotbar is full

Hey @Apacchii I have a few mods that add starting items to your hotbar, it has reached that stage where that amount is so much that it fills the hotbar completely and excess items just vanish, in this case the Class Picker vanishes and I am left classless until WoF is there a workaround for this? The item does not go into my inventory if hotbar is full

Well, you could use Hero's Mod/Cheat Sheet to grab a class picker

I ended up having to use Cheat Sheet, but I also didn't make a new character for this... This makes me think of all the mods that also add things to the Merchant shop and Dryad shop that cause their inventory to be so full it removes things due to space limit... Which I was worried about on the Merchant selling the class level ups. Thankfully, they are around the middle of the page. But still. Are there any plans to maybe make a dedicated NPC to avoid the possibility of folks not being able to get the class level ups? Or maybe even just a UI option somewhere?

*(The UI option came from using a Lan's mod like the Unlimited Buffs that requires you to unlock each buff via having x amount of the item required then it changes the lock to an active/deactive button. I am unsure how this works, as I suck at coding, but it would be interesting to use like a trophy from a boss, or some drop from a boss, or if possible just require the boss be killed and then pay the amount. IDK, it's just another idea that came to mind)*

I ended up having to use Cheat Sheet, but I also didn't make a new character for this... This makes me think of all the mods that also add things to the Merchant shop and Dryad shop that cause their inventory to be so full it removes things due to space limit... Which I was worried about on the Merchant selling the class level ups. Thankfully, they are around the middle of the page. But still. Are there any plans to maybe make a dedicated NPC to avoid the possibility of folks not being able to get the class level ups? Or maybe even just a UI option somewhere?

*(The UI option came from using a Lan's mod like the Unlimited Buffs that requires you to unlock each buff via having x amount of the item required then it changes the lock to an active/deactive button. I am unsure how this works, as I suck at coding, but it would be interesting to use like a trophy from a boss, or some drop from a boss, or if possible just require the boss be killed and then pay the amount. IDK, it's just another idea that came to mind)*

When the mod first came out you had to gather especific materials to level up your class, such as boss drops or items available after said boss. but that increased the time i needed to make classes cause i had to think of what to use and if it was available only after a certain boss so you couldnt level up before you should, and sometimes i had to use weird recipes that made no sense, such as a mage using beetle husks to lvl up.

Thats why i ended up doing it like it is.

Also there are mods that give Merchants more than one page, and i think most ppl that play with a lot of mods use them because you miss out on a lot of content if you dont

And sadly, i doubt i'll ever make an NPC just for the tokens cause i suck at spriting

I apologize if you've already been notified, the last level of the Summoner Class goes from +5 minion slots to +4 compared to the previous level.

Also I was wondering seeing that you wrote that you were not good with sprites, would you mind if I tried to create you an NPC? If you are interested please send me some ideas of how you wanted it.

Well that seems lucky :p
Also, do you have any mod names I can either look up on here or the in game mod browser for the merchant tabs? I kinda suck at looking for stuff on forums since when I search things it gets me other pages that don't even relate just because a word I had in my search was used...

Hopefully, if you 2 get together on this, there will be less need for extra merchant tabs. But regardless, either way I am still enjoying the mod. And I look forward to future prospects :)
(also, hot damn I didn't notice that minion slot issue @_@ as a summoner, I hope that gets fixed soon!~)

Well that seems lucky :p
Also, do you have any mod names I can either look up on here or the in game mod browser for the merchant tabs? I kinda suck at looking for stuff on forums since when I search things it gets me other pages that don't even relate just because a word I had in my search was used...

Hopefully, if you 2 get together on this, there will be less need for extra merchant tabs. But regardless, either way I am still enjoying the mod. And I look forward to future prospects :)
(also, hot damn I didn't notice that minion slot issue @_@ as a summoner, I hope that gets fixed soon!~)

The one i use: tModLoader - Shop Expander

The paladin has no active skill? I selected my class reading active skills, and later when I went to read the passive saw Paladin listed, while he wasn't in the active skill list at all...

Also, what the "/damage display" command is actually showing to me??? For example the line current damage is **** out of *********** means what? if I reach the big number something happens?

Last edited:
The paladin has no active skill? I selected my class reading active skills, and later when I went to read the passive saw Paladin listed, while he wasn't in the active skill list at all...

Also, what the "/damage display" command is actually showing to me??? For example the line current damage is **** out of *********** means what? if I reach the big number something happens?

The paladin's 1st ability makes his passive heal for more and more rapidly, the 2nd ability gives him immunity for a while followede by dmg reduction for a bit.
I dont know why i dont have his abilities listed yet...

The damage x/y thing is: when you reach 'y' dmg, you get some more ability damage, y scales exponentially and x resets every time you reach a milestone.

The paladin's 1st ability makes his passive heal for more and more rapidly, the 2nd ability gives him immunity for a while followede by dmg reduction for a bit.
I dont know why i dont have his abilities listed yet...

The damage x/y thing is: when you reach 'y' dmg, you get some more ability damage, y scales exponentially and x resets every time you reach a milestone.

Er... WHAT is ability damage? I thought it was the 2% bonus my knight gets for being a knight... And I didn't see it listed anywhere obvious in your thread.

Er... WHAT is ability damage? I thought it was the 2% bonus my knight gets for being a knight... And I didn't see it listed anywhere obvious in your thread.

Ability Damage increases the damage your abilities do. Knight doesnt have a damage ability (yet, i plan on reworking his 1st) so i guess its kinda useless for that class

Suggestion then: could the Ability Damage be applied to the heal affect or armor affect of the tanky classes? Or would that *technically* be a bit to unbalanced to suddenly be getting like 5179235 (yes I just face rolled the number pad) hp and/or armor for however long?

(Also, side note, thank you so much for the mod recommendation. It fixed certain mods duplicating certain items in shops and has made it so we can actually access the full shop. So much better!)

So, using Lan's Unlimited Buffs and testing things out... Some of your buff potions seem to not be tied to the correct buff?
Screen shot for the example:
1574465777534.png

So, using Lan's Unlimited Buffs and testing things out... Some of your buff potions seem to not be tied to the correct buff?
Screen shot for the example:
View attachment 230338

Typo, only some of the Buff Tooltips and Names were wrong, it still gave the intended buff but i really appreciate it that you noticed and actually reported it.

Fixed and coming in the next update (the update might take a while tho, it's kinda time consuming having to make an alternate class for each class from lvl5+ `:sigh:)

Suggestion then: could the Ability Damage be applied to the heal affect or armor affect of the tanky classes? Or would that *technically* be a bit to unbalanced to suddenly be getting like 5179235 (yes I just face rolled the number pad) hp and/or armor for however long?

(Also, side note, thank you so much for the mod recommendation. It fixed certain mods duplicating certain items in shops and has made it so we can actually access the full shop. So much better!)

The values wouldnt (probably) be as high as that one but basically you're right, healing/tanking would be QUITE strong

My impression or ranger class doesn't get ability damage bonus either?

Seemly one ability give fixed boost, that is always the same.

The other give always 8% of enemy max hp of damage, so no bonus either.

My impression or ranger class doesn't get ability damage bonus either?

Seemly one ability give fixed boost, that is always the same.

The other give always 8% of enemy max hp of damage, so no bonus either.

It actually deals more damage than just 8% of the target's health, i just didnt write it cause i forgot. It's also already changed for the next update i'm trying to get rid of all the %HP damage

It actually deals more damage than just 8% of the target's health, i just didnt write it cause i forgot. It's also already changed for the next update i'm trying to get rid of all the %HP damage

i'm never a fan of that Percent damage and for obvious reasons people can take advantage of it say in multiplayer people decided to go all ranger
and use that 8% health to their advantage to a boss....(8 x Number of players) .....yea bad idea!

The values wouldnt (probably) be as high as that one but basically you're right, healing/tanking would be QUITE strong
I mean it would make sense if a hybrid class(es) weren't quite as good as the standalone options. It's kinda like with D&D if you multiclass. You won't get the full aspect of the one class because some levels went to something else. Just like typically there isn't a human that is good at everything, and the ones good at multiple things aren't perfect experts. "Jack of All Trades" and what not, y'know?

But, alternatively, it will occasionally need that special "individuality" required for someone to actually choose it instead of "well I might as well just be taking no damage instead of less damage with increased regen". If you want, I tend to have to much mental processing in stuff like that ^^;; I could always help :)

Back
Top Bottom