Drawings & Paintings ppower arts

@FlyKip (Requested on Twitter)
Flykip.png

I've done a small update to the main art thread. Allowing it to have a slightly easier readability with less browsing through spoilers.
However, I'm not entirely done with it yet.

Despite all the cleanups thanks through the Request Recaps, it's still a massive task to maintain.
Especially the OC section, which takes more than 60% of my whole art thread to scroll through.
It's been a huge hassle with all the spoilers. and I don't think it helps for the viewer either.

So I've been thinking to do another major cleanup of my art thread, and place most of my OC's images and information on a different website, called Toyhouse:

1571137236597.png1571137831719.png
Toyhouse is a website for OC archive/information. Where you can place foto's and liturature/lore about the OC's.
It's a handy place for both viewing the character's pictures, or seeing the information. It's more useful and organized than I currently use on TCF or DeviantArt, and it's universal, so it doesn't have to be Terraria or TCF related/dependend on it.

However, to avoid the site been overloaded, the website is only in closed-Beta. Where I've gotten my access key thanks to @Keigora / Szaila.
(Unfurtunate, I'm unable to give the access keys myself without been premium, Szaila has been a premium user for a while, and is willing to give some of them away, so you should be able to contact her instead.)

I think this will be my new location to place and update OC information there. And the OC information in my art thread will probably be moved by the majority.
That way, I'll have a smaller art thread that keeps it easier to maintian for future changes.

I've been slowly working on the toyhouse place. (that started 2 years ago), But havn't paid much attention to it because of my drive on game-design.
So both my art thread and the Toyhouse are a bit in a WIP state, And I should work on both to give them a proper view.

So, in short, to maintain this art thread's original post better in the future, I've planned to move most of the OC images to Toyhouse.
Recent images that shows the best of the OC will remain on TCF, while other older images may be removed and not appear again on either site.
The other big artworks, like the Terrariart and other games will remain here unchanged.

I've also ideas to revisit and flesh out each OC one by one. so I can slowly update my Toyhouse with them too.
You can expect new and revisited OC's here in the future. :)

But for today, I've not much of new artworks to show yet, so have a chicken instead:
Chicken.png

Last edited:
I got no where else. You mind if I stay here?
Seeing how the forum works, I do not understand what you mean by "staying" on a single thread.

I guess you can 'stay' here by watching the thread. But not to make this your personal profile post section.

It's one of my threads, and I rather prefer to keep it on topic of the thread.

I got no where else. You mind if I stay here?

We require posts to be related to the Thread topic. In this case, it is about Ppowersteef's art. For random chitchat, there is a dedicated thread for it in the off topic section. Otherwise posts such as this are best kept to profiles.

In the future, please try to ensure that there is more content in your posts. Thread posts require a minimum of content to be in them.

The end of October is here, Happy Halloween everyone* !
*For those that are celebrating it, that is.

Over here, I've had opened some Terraria requests for a short while. As you may have guessed. :)
Reposting them here again wouldn't be needed, so instead I've compiled them in my next request recap along with the other gift arts done:

Request Recap 14.png

Drawpiles have also been hot last month, so there's been plenty of doodles to show this time. :)
I've bought Noita recently, and man, it's great. It really gave me the feelings of the classic powder game again, merged into a Roguelike.
It's really enjoyable even though it's in early access, but things can get rough really quickly later on.

Still, of all moments of the game, I remember the starting area the most, simply because you'll die a lot in this game:
Noita.png

Nageru in a bunny hoodie:
(I don't care whether it's easter or not. :v)
Bungeru.png

I went trying out a color palette swap on my OC's. Some of them turned out a little too good.
Nageru with Samantha's colors, and Sapphire with Steef's colors:
Birthday Nageru palette swap.png
Sapphire Steef.png

Drawpile doodles:
Drawpiles have become a thing again in my main group. And they've helped me great to get some art ideas out of my mind, regardless how silly they can be. :p
(Drawpile in short is an online art program where multiple people can draw in one canvas)
For now I mostly show the drawings I've done. (Also, there were a lot of swear words to censor out each pile)

It was Suweeka's Birthday 2 days ago, Happy Birthday once again!!
Suweeka Birthday.png

Pand-Aru:
Pandaru.png

And context-less doodles mixed with the rest:

1572550537991.png

1572550621675.png
1572550794752.png

Hjort Helten has also recieved a small update in the meantime (Yes, I've been busy):
HH Map Update.png

With the main feature been a progressing minimap, and some minor features in ammo restrictions.

More details can be found here:

Further development has been halted for the rest of 2019.
As I havn't been completely recovered from my health issues since I've released it's Beta.
I rather want to work on recovering for the next month, so I can feel less tired in my pasttime.
Please remember to stay fit. :)

And with that said, have a good Hallowfest!

Eyaa m8! It's been quite some time, say, are you still doin' requests?
It's been a while indeed.

Currently the requests are closed though, and I'm not yet in the mood to open them this month.
Perhaps I'll open them again next month when Christmas is near. But that's just presuming things.

Glad to see you back though. :)

It's been a while indeed.

Currently the requests are closed though, and I'm not yet in the mood to open them this month.
Perhaps I'll open them again next month when Christmas is near. But that's just presuming things.

Glad to see you back though. :)

Ah thanks, I hope your art will improve over the next upcoming requests! It's near!

Time for November's montly art batch.
Roguelikes have been a thing for me again, both Noita and Caveblazers have been addictive lately. :p
Caveblazers especially has been of interests lately, this month I've finally managed to beat it's intense 5-relic run. And dang, it has been such a relief.

In each area, there's a hidden passage that leads to a 'test' to obtain the relic. And each Relic adds a positive and a negative effect, but in general it makes the game more challenging.
Playing the game with all relics active is also considered the most difficult challenge to do in the game. Which leads you to a hidden last area where it's true final boss is hidden...A floating eyeball. (yes)

It's been such a great experience and it has taken me many hours to beat, for something that doesn't really feature a special ending besides "Completed!".
But that great moment of relief is what makes it all worth it:
caveblazers Eye of Israphel.png

Caveblazers has also recieved it's final major update the day after I did this artwork, so just at the moment I wanted to lessen it, it was time to dive into it again.
But I won't mind too much, I'm enjoying it and that's good. v:

I've also focussed a little on OC's for a bit,
For example I've given Sapphire a proper reference image.
she had her midriff updated in doodles, but I didn't went into detail with it yet, So have another Sapphire. :v
Sapphire energetic2.png

And more doodles on the way:
24 November was Silvyne's 4th birthday already, And since Sapphire took Silvyne's spot as the "holy warrior girl", I've decided to make her more unique on the "Space Ranger" side.
And to add to that, Silvyne can now control her Spaceship at will, even when she's in Silver Armor. v:
Silverstar Airstrike2.png

More girls:
untitled tape girl.png

Samantha and her deer, resting out during the winter period:
GN Winter dev break.png

Also watched the anime Konosuba last month, it was amazing:
konosuba s2 dance.png

Ghostar:
Mehtroid.png

And lastly, some drawpile doodles.

This one started with "Draw grill", and I ended up drawing every OC I have, my OC roster has expanded quite a lot:
1575219480705.png

Fish:
1575219536140.png

Pile 34:
1575219210765.png

The busiest month of the year is coming nearby, work's especially busy right now, but also the moment of vacation is near too. So I might open some requests again for holidays. :)
It's something to get through, and something that'll be worth it at the end. I'm looking forward for that.

As for now, I sheep 🐑

1575220374784.png
(Credit to Dragonith)

2019 has been quite the year for me.

For games, there have been plenty of interesting titles that came out this year, from a pixel-simulated explosive roguelike, to a cat in a robot mech, to a girl chasing a bird accross spaaace.
Together, all games are running towards the end of the decade. as a summary of 2019:

games of 2019.png

And I've also finally gotten my Nintendo Switch too! So I can enjoy the amazing games too! Weeew

Featuring from left to right:
The witch from Noita
Stick Figure from Stick Fight: The Game
Minecraft Block
The Goose from Untitled Goose Game
Sophia III from Blaster Master Zero (2)
Kiki from Gato Roboto
Quote (Hardmode) from Cave Story+
Felix and Earth Djinni from Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Logo from Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Sakuya from Touhou: Luna Nights
My character used in Caveblazers and Terraria: Loot playthrough
Madeline from Celeste
Kae and Chicken from 100% Orange Juice
Chicken and Horse from Ultimate Chicken Horse
Samantha from Hjort Helten

And following the tradition, the summary of art of 2019!
Year review 2019.png

The first half of the year, I've only been focussing on the development of my game, Hjort Helten. Untill I've worked myself sick and exhausted.
From that moment I've taken my rest, and focussed more into drawing again. I think both times have been very productive.
It's something to keep in mind, that it's not wrong to take a rest when needed.

Now without further ado, the other doodles:

My Secret Santa gift I've made for @BitPieStudios

Merry Christmas 2019.png

(I've also gotten a Secret Santa gift in return, where I'm also really happy about! :D)
samantha.png

I've extended my Chibi OC's with some minor OC's, Most of them have been quite forest themed, I wonder why. <w<
chiibs p2.png

Christmas doodle,
While it's great to have a cozy dinner together, keep in mind that not everyone can enjoy Christmas that way.
I made this comic to keep each other in touch, how distant they may be from each other:
GN Christmas 2019.png

Nageru:
Nageru.png

3 minute vent doodle of my thoughts about my game in the future:
A forest with a building in the center is how I picture Hjort Helten's location:
worldbuilding.png

And a traditional drawing about the same location:
1577792352843.png

And Game development status:

Since I havn't made any changes since the last batch, I wanted to do experiment with it to change the FPS count from 30 to 60. (Because Hjort Helten has always been hardcoded at 30 FPS. And 60 FPS really is much smoother and nicer to play with)
But the problem was, changing it to 60 FPS caused all movement to be doubled. So I had to recalculate ALL psygics to change it back to it's default state. Which wasn't without it's problems:
nyoombounce.gifMoonjump.gifnyoom.gif

But after 2 weeks, I've managed to get most of the changes done, there may still be some minor things left. But it's enough to leave the game at 60 FPS.
It may have been too much effort for what it was worth, but I think having a smoother gameplay and movement will really pay off at the end.

It's been a very productive year, even though most of them have been put in the game development.
And with that been a background process, I havn't been able to share much about it. Because I wanted to wait untill it looked 'good'.
But for the next year, I want to change that.
Now that I've already shared about it, I wouldn't mind giving headsup about the game every now and then.

Now that I've recovered, I want to try again to continue finishing the game in 2020. And continue giving status updates about it.
But this time not pushing myself too much. :)

Hope you all have a great New Years Eve!

All your art is amazing and Nageru's my favorite, good work!
Nageru appreciates :happy:
GN Nageru thanks.png

Happy 2020 everyone!
Hope you all had a good first start of the year, because well...there has been a lot happening.
With all of the fires and disasters happening in Australia, threatening messages from Iran, and even a deadly virus breaking out in China, January has started pretty rough. :sigh:
I rather prefer to not talk about these drama on my art thread though, I'm just aware of what's happening around.
I'm hoping one day to make the world a better place for everyone, whether it is through donations, or through actively travelling towards them.

Just to let you know...the fire Steef associates with is not meant as a fire of destruction, but rather a burning flame of determination.
Hoping to reach his goals to light up a fire in the darkest days, and lets all hope that these days have come to pass:

ready for 2020.png

On another topic, today also marks Nageru's 5th birthday! 🎉
So I've decided to draw her in her SoulCalibur VI outfit for today:
SoulCalibur Nageru.png

I may do another one in her original outfit too, if I come up with a good design. But I like how this one turned out as well. :)

Remember the Alraune design from a while back?
Yeah, I think she starts becoming an actual OC at this point. :v
So I've decided to give her a proper introduction with a more detailed artwork:

Alraune reference.png

And she even has a background bio, something that she even managed over most of my OC's.
Perhaps I like her a little too much?:naughty:
alraune bio.png

I've also done more drawings in the meantime as well:

I've decided to give Sapphire a more dynamic pose, showing off the firepower that she won't hold back easily:
I can see the fire in your eyes.png

It was also Dragonith's birthday last January.
Since he did a lot for me last year, I also wanted to give him a little gift back:
Happy b-day dragoooo.png

I've also bought Disney+ for a year, and I've started to love all the classic movies once more.
As a trade, I also did some Disney doodles during a drawpile session:
Frying pan girls.PNGAriel v2.PNGanimals.PNGAriel.png

I've also been into Blaster Master Zero 2.
Though it was a little shorter thanI had expected, it's still a great metroidvania with an amazing cast of characters.
I really want to do more for this game as well, I'm having a lot of ideas I want to work out.
Blaster Master Doodles.png

As for game development:
Hjort Helten has reached it's 0.12 update this month!
HH update 0.12.png

This version updated mostly on several visual changes, like improving the FPS from 30 to 60, a new Tileset, and several effects have been added:
- Arrow hit effects and enemy 'poof' animation.
- Item glow/spark when obtaining and stone shards.
- Boss projectile has a destroy animation and purple effects.
- Entering and leaving water gives a splash effect.
- And more.
effect poof.gif
stone shards.gif
Boss particles.gif
splashsplash.gif

Now, this certainely has made the game more pleasing to look at, but it's still lacking stuff and things for a proper release.
Most notable to comes in mind are the backgrounds, background objects, and the story behind it. Along with ideas for an intro and outro.
I personally think I should stop with the minor updates that "doesn't finish the game yet" and continue working on it untill the real release is ready...

Though...at the same time I also want to do too much, and I've to keep in mind to not overwork myself into another burn-out.
So, I've decided to leave the development for the moment on hold, to give it proper time to think what I want to include in a release build and what I can better leave out for later.

GN Care of your fire.png

In that meantime, I think it's time to get back into drawing more again. :)

Back
Top Bottom