Switch Lonely split screener's club

There is no local multiplayer between two switches? Really?
Sadly... no. I was going to buy 3 copies with the black friday deal but was confused by "Local Wireless - 1 player" in the game description. Looked it up and you *Must* purchase nintendo online to play multiplayer. I already own it on PC and XBox 1 (so my split screen on a tv is thruthfully taken care of there, but it is still needed on switch, so add me for +1 here), i wanted to get it for our 3 switches for road trips. So with the scenario of going anywhere with your *portable console*, you cant play multiplayer unless you both pay for online service on all switches and find a wifi to mooch off of. That and I see no updates at all listed for switch since its release...
Sorry looks like I wont be purchasing it on switch, at least until I see more movement on this version.

Welcome to the club.

Besides, that really big online shop still sellls the cartridges with following description:

Switch Functionality:
- Use the Touch Screen to quickly navigate the inventory, as well as more finesse in building, digging and combat.
- 2 player split screen in docked mode. Needs two Joy-Cons per player.
- Up to local 8 player local wireless play – one console needed per player
- Up to 8 players online – Nintendo online subscription needed.

Yep, no local play between Switches. I've popped the question before, but it gets ignored or roped in as split-screen. I have to wonder what process that takes too, as it's pretty similar to an online game, only using the switch as a local server instead.

Provision of a local server consumes CPU. And there they are: PERFORMANCE ISSUES.
In the meanwhile I'm really afraid that this mission cannot be accomplished.

Oof. Well my wife and I would be playing at home on wifi. I'm not buying another copy of this game though. Id rather get 2 copies of Stardew valley.

My fiance and I already have 2 copies of Stardew. It's our go to when we go out with our Switches. Definitely want to make Terraria the next game, but we often aren't playing at home. Which means no wifi.

It does make you wonder though. You can only optimize a game so much. At some point it's running the very best it will be able to. So, maybe it just genuinely isn't even possible to make split screen and local play features. But if that's the case, surely they would have know that possibility early on. It would tick me a good bit if that was kept hidden for a period of time to sell more copies.

The only reason I got Terraria was to play local. I was really disappointed when I heard that there was not actually local multiplayer. I have pretty much looked it up every single day now to see when it is coming out.

I actually just got Minecraft for the first time as a substitute until they add multiplayer to the switch.

Hopefully it won't be long, but I'm not placing any bets.

The only reason I got Terraria was to play local. I was really disappointed when I heard that there was not actually local multiplayer. I have pretty much looked it up every single day now to see when it is coming out.

I actually just got Minecraft for the first time as a substitute until they add multiplayer to the switch.

Hopefully it won't be long, but I'm not placing any bets.

Yeah it's been a long wait. Hopefully soon. Hopefully it works well when it comes out too.

Walk me through how you did local multiplayer on the switch

I am genuinely curious
Hook your switch up to your tv and either have 2 joy cons for both players or just use the two joy cons that come with the switch and a pro controller. Then go into your world and with player 2’s controller press the plus button. It should have you select what player you want to join so you may need to make another player if you do not have another one already created for this to work. I believe this is how you do it. Good luck. ;)

Hook your switch up to your tv and either have 2 joy cons for both players or just use the two joy cons that come with the switch and a pro controller. Then go into your world and with player 2’s controller press the plus button. It should have you select what player you want to join so you may need to make another player if you do not have another one already created for this to work. I believe this is how you do it. Good luck. ;)
Let me know if it worked and if it doesn’t idk wut to say 😂

I believe this is how you do it. Good luck. ;)

You use the subjunctive 'should' and the term 'I belive'.
Could you please clarify if you have actually played Terraria on the switch in split screen before?

And if you have: Is it the retail (cartridge) or download version?

Now I'm really curious, as I also got such information from German customers at that big online shop.

You use the subjunctive 'should' and the term 'I belive'.
Could you please clarify if you have actually played Terraria on the switch in split screen before?

And if you have: Is it the retail (cartridge) or download version?

Now I'm really curious, as I also got such information from German customers at that big online shop.
Sadly I have not been able to play multiplayer split screen on my switch because I do not have enough controllers for it yet but I have played split screen with a friend on his switch and that’s where I got the info. I am possibly getting a pro controller for Christmas and I will confirm with you guys after I have tested to see if it lets you play local split screen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom