Weapons & Equip Buff Lava Waders.

Dapling

Duke Fishron
The Lava Waders are absurdly rare and don't give you nearly a good enough reward for their rarity. You only need lava resistance maybe twice in a playthrough MAX and even then the job is done better by potions, which last much longer and let you completely ignore EVERY effect of these boots (obsidian skin potions work on fire blocks too). I have a few proposed solutions to this, which could either be added together or just one.
  1. The Magma Charm and Lava Waders now give complete immunity to lava, which sounds overpowered until you realize that that liquid only appears a little above through the bottom quarter of the world, which has literally no exclusive loot after the Wall of Flesh. (except for the unholy trident, which is a weak weapon anyway, and the Fire Feather, which is literally Just an Ice Feather that isn't available as early.) Also make the obsidian rose have lava treated as honey.
  2. Make three guaranteed water chests spawn in each ocean, with a moderately uncommon chance for more to spawn there too. Water Walking boots are far too rare for how useful they are right now. Also raise the Magma Charm's chance to 10%, because again, it's way too rare for how underwhelming it is.
  3. As a more bizarre alternative, make all three of the components unobtainable, and just have lava waders show up in any cavern chest with a 10% chance. This would make them actually worth all the effort you put into getting them.

Last edited:
how about combing it with the obsidian rose so it gives you 50% protection from lava afterwards?,it also could be crafted with the frostspark boots as to make players more likely to use them

how about combing it with the obsidian rose so it gives you 50% protection from lava afterwards?,it also could be crafted with the frostspark boots as to make players more likely to use them
That literally doesn't help anything. The Obsidian Rose is already annoying to get, and again, you literally need lava protection twice in a playthrough maximum, so all that does is waste time.

Yes to these things, but also, now you're gonna have to repurpose the Obsidian Rose.

I don't really see how this would help the accessory too much, especially when you consider that you probably won't be lounging around in lava for more than 7 seconds anyway. If the effect were just limited to lava immunity, then I don't think I'd be going out of my way for it, ya know? I'd prefer another buff to the Lava Waders, particularly one that would benefit me in more than just a small amount of what the game challenges me with.

I don't really see how this would help the accessory too much, especially when you consider that you probably won't be lounging around in lava for more than 7 seconds anyway. If the effect were just limited to lava immunity, then I don't think I'd be going out of my way for it, ya know? I'd prefer another buff to the Lava Waders, particularly one that would benefit me in more than just a small amount of what the game challenges me with.
I mean, at that point, it's more a problem with the game itself than with the one accessory (or two; Obsidian Rose).

I'd love that idea, though I'd just like to have an official way to merge the Lava Waders and the Frostspark Boots once 1.4 rolls along.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Bry
I'd just like to have an official way to merge the Lava Waders and the Frostspark Boots once 1.14 rolls along.
kinker31: Is from the future, where we apparently got ten more numbers' worth of updates.
Also kinker31: Implies Red still hadn't added in a Frostspark + Lava tinker.
Me:
1575691491182.png

kinker31: Is from the future, where we apparently got ten more numbers' worth of updates.
[insert joke at the expense of calamity or anything related to it here]
But yeah, I meant 1.1.4, Minecraft's new update did a very good job at ingraining it's version number into my memory.

I mean, at that point, it's more a problem with the game itself than with the one accessory (or two; Obsidian Rose).
Not really; I'm trying to say that the accessory would need a functional buff that isn't just permanent lava resistance, as the niche itself is already functional enough on its own rights. You're not likely going to hang around in lava for the entire 7 seconds of the Lava Charm - especially when we consider what Omega Derpling has already proposed; almost NOTHING is offered down in the lava areas anyway. Knowing this, it doesn't make too much sense how this buff is what the item needs. It might make it alluring to use because of the neat effect it has with Lava, but the buff proposed here seems almost redundant when presented with the semantics we are already aware of.. Maybe some sort of combat boost when submerged in lava would be a good buff? Granted, it would still be niche, but it could make the Lava Waders a more neat and applicable accessory than one that makes you immune to a liquid that can be easily avoided anyway.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. The game just abandons the Underworld after Wall of Flesh.
Which is why the resistance buff is almost redundant. The only buff that seemingly matters is the decrease in rarity of the accessory, so that's why I figured that a different change would be more suitable for the accessory.

Granted, the resistance is what defines the accessory, but I don't personally see why the item would require this buff if it won't particularly increase its applications anyway.

Which is why the resistance buff is almost redundant. The only buff that seemingly matters is the decrease in rarity of the accessory, so that's why I figured that a different change would be more suitable for the accessory.

Granted, the resistance is what defines the accessory, but I don't personally see why the item would require this buff if it won't particularly increase its applications anyway.
Yeah, uh, I know. I was implying that Redigit needs to more so flesh out the Underworld, which might give the Lava Waders more use without having to really change anything about them while also tending to a sorely lacking area of the game.

Back
Top Bottom