Weapons & Equip Buff Lava Waders.

Yeah, uh, I know. I was implying that Redigit needs to more so flesh out the Underworld, which might give the Lava Waders more use without having to really change anything about them while also tending to a sorely lacking area of the game.
That makes sense. I'd love to see the Lava Waders get the full immunity if it can actually be applied somewhere.

Honestly, if I had my way, I would just scrap all three of the components (make them unobtainable but still leave them in the game files) and make lava waders just have a 10% chance to appear in any cavern chest. Maybe the Obsidian Rose could also make lava give you a regeneration buff similar to honey on top of lava immunity? (so you could either choose immunity to lava, fire blocks, and water walking, or just have lava be honey you can move faster in)

Last edited:
how about combing it with the obsidian rose so it gives you 50% protection from lava afterwards?,it also could be crafted with the frostspark boots as to make players more likely to use them
this
EDIT: After some reading on the wiki, the Obsidian Rose has a terribly low dropchance, so that'll need to be fixed first

Lava Charm + Obsidian Skull + Obsidian Rose = Fire Protection Charm. Gives Complete Immunity To Everything Fire Related, Including Geysers, Flame Traps, Diabolist Fireballs, Betsy's Fireballs And Breath, And Everything Else I Haven't Named.

Also, When You Get attacked By Something Fire-Related, You Turn Temporarily Blue.

Lava Charm + Obsidian Skull + Obsidian Rose = Fire Protection Charm. Gives Complete Immunity To Everything Fire Related, Including Geysers, Flame Traps, Diabolist Fireballs, Betsy's Fireballs And Breath, And Everything Else I Haven't Named.

Also, When You Get attacked By Something Fire-Related, You Turn Temporarily Blue.
That's straight up overpowered, I don't think I need to elaborate why.

Becoming a cinnamon bun momentarily is not enough to outweigh the s t r o n k of that.
37.5% immunity to everything fire related, plus immunity to lava (10 seconds) and fire blocks, at most. Maybe a point of defense.

Becoming a cinnamon bun momentarily is not enough to outweigh the s t r o n k of that.
37.5% immunity to everything fire related, plus immunity to lava (10 seconds) and fire blocks, at most. Maybe a point of defense.
I Didn't Think You'd Get That Reference.

Also, Weren't You Saying That Even If Lava Waders Had Permanent Immunity To Lava, They Still Wouldn't Be Worth Getting Because You Rarely Have To Deal With Lava? But Now It Has To Be Ten Seconds Max? I Don't Understand.

Also, Weren't You Saying That Even If Lava Waders Had Permanent Immunity To Lava, They Still Wouldn't Be Worth Getting Because You Rarely Have To Deal With Lava? But Now It Has To Be Ten Seconds Max? I Don't Understand.
Agh, caught myself on that. My main point was that complete fire immunity is way too much, and I had assumed you had gotten the immunity bit from the Lava Charm.

The reason is because there are quite a lot of enemies which could be fire based, and many not even debatably. Goblin Summoners, for example, use shadowflame magic. Which could be tied to Tim and the Goblin Mages using the same magic. There's also every enemy which drops cursed flames. It's a drawback to actually make choosing between lava waders and that even a decision.

The reason is because there are quite a lot of enemies which could be fire based, and many not even debatably. Goblin Summoners, for example, use shadowflame magic. Which could be tied to Tim and the Goblin Mages using the same magic. There's also every enemy which drops cursed flames. It's a drawback to actually make choosing between lava waders and that even a decision.
Oh, you know what, I totally didn't even factor in the "impure" fire types into that. Yeah, wow, that's a lot of stuff.
Maybe those should only get a 15% reduction.

Then Lets Lessen It To Enemies That Inflict Normal Fire, Not Shadowflame Or Cursed Fire, How About That?

Then Lets Lessen It To Enemies That Inflict Normal Fire, Not Shadowflame Or Cursed Fire, How About That?
Well, then we have a new issue of the F.P Charm being mostly useless until you come across the occasional pure-fire something that it's suddenly wildly powerful for.

Well, then we have a new issue of the F.P Charm being mostly useless until you come across the occasional pure-fire something that it's suddenly wildly powerful for.
Like Skele And Pirate Archers, Diabolists, Hell Armored Bones, Betsy And Fire Imps. But The Only Enemy That Actually Uses Cursed Flame Are Clingers, Which Are Corruption Exclusive, So That's A Useless Buff, And Shadowflame Would Be Goblin Summoner, Sorcerer, And Tim. Two Of Which Are Trivialized Upon Entering Hardmode, Unless You're In Expert.

Like Skele And Pirate Archers, Diabolists, Hell Armored Bones, Betsy And Fire Imps. But The Only Enemy That Actually Uses Cursed Flame Are Clingers, Which Are Corruption Exclusive, So That's A Useless Buff, And Shadowflame Would Be Goblin Summoner, Sorcerer, And Tim. Two Of Which Are Trivialized Upon Entering Hardmode, Unless You're In Expert.
You could also reasonably apply this to the entire Solar Pillar.

You could also reasonably apply this to the entire Solar Pillar.
The Only Enemy That Really Uses Fire Against You Is The Drakomire, Not Counting The Pillar Itself, Sroller Yeets Itself At You, Selenians And Corites Dash At You, Drakanian What The Hell Is That Lol, And Crawltipedes Just Kinda Exist Until You Get Into The Air, Then They Murder You.

Back
Top Bottom