Weapons & Equip Cactus armor is OP, let's fix this.

even still, its a 4% drop chance. lets say you encounter 5 enemies per minute while mining, lets be generous and say half are skeletons, you'd get 2.5 skeletons per minute. it would take you 10 minutes to encounter the 25 skeletons you'd need to kill on average to find one hook.
10 minutes really isn't that much time, and basically proves my point. Even if you encountered one per minute you'd get one after just over one ingame day, and you're also getting a lot of loot alongside it.

10 minutes really isn't that much time, and basically proves my point. Even if you encountered one per minute you'd get one after just over one ingame day, and you're also getting a lot of loot alongside it.
except the entire 10 minutes is a total waste because the loot all redundant once you loot jungle. the ivy hook is easier to get, and the golden chest items are there too, along with the items from jungle shrines and mahogany trees. there's no point in wasting 10 minutes underground if you plan to go to jungle anyways.

except the entire 10 minutes is a total waste because the loot all redundant once you loot jungle. the ivy hook is easier to get, and the golden chest items are there too, along with the items from jungle shrines and mahogany trees. there's no point in wasting 10 minutes underground if you plan to go to jungle anyways.
You're just contradicting yourself at this point. You said that you need more than just a grappling hook to get to the jungle, and isn't that the point of what you were arguing about with me anyways?

Anyway, I think I'm done discussing this for now. If you want to actually think up new material rather than just contradict your previous points, I'll be happy to resume.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bry
even still, its a 4% drop chance. lets say you encounter 5 enemies per minute while mining, lets be generous and say half are skeletons, you'd get 2.5 skeletons per minute. it would take you 10 minutes to encounter the 25 skeletons you'd need to kill on average to find one hook.
If You Actually Get It On The 25th Skele. It Might Take More Then That.

You're just contradicting yourself at this point. You said that you need more than just a grappling hook to get to the jungle, and isn't that the point of what you were arguing about with me anyways?

Anyway, I think I'm done discussing this for now. If you want to actually think up new material rather than just contradict your previous points, I'll be happy to resume.
I never said that. I just said if you're rushing jungle, evilwood gear can make it much easier, and is on the way, thus making it worth picking up.
The point of me arguing with you has been to debunk your various criticisms of my strategy, I've only been on the defensive here.

you can stop whenever you want, you're the one actively attempting to criticize my strategy, I'm simply dishing out retorts here.

The point of me arguing with you has been to debunk your various criticisms of my strategy, I've only been on the defensive here.

you can stop whenever you want, you're the one actively attempting to criticize my strategy, I'm simply dishing out retorts here.
I was less criticizing your strategy and more saying why other people have options which are more practical to them

Back
Top Bottom