Items Spectre Bullets/Arrows

I suppose you still wouldn't be able to dominate the Impure Summoners.
Wait, what about the martian saucer? Do we really need ANOTHER method of cheese?
Summoners are lazy
A damage penatly would somewhat help, and perhaps if the recipe was expensive for the bullets/arrows to discourage using them too much. Maybe 1 Spectre bar +20 bullets= 20 Spectre bullets or something.
I hope they make it so it's attacks ignore walls in 1.4, that will fix it and stop the endless cheese.
I'd be fine with its regular attacks passing through walls, but its enraged deathray always gets me.

Summoners are lazy
A damage penatly would somewhat help, and perhaps if the recipe was expensive for the bullets/arrows to discourage using them too much. Maybe 1 Spectre bar +20 bullets= 20 Spectre bullets or something.
Impure summoners are the opposite, hence IMPURE, they spam other weapons and dodge like crazy WHILE their minions are attacking..
Nah, let's just make the martian saucer have a kamikaze attack if you try to hide behind a wall and cheese it.

Summoners are lazy

I'd be fine with its regular attacks passing through walls, but its enraged deathray always gets me.
Yeah, i think that they should have some sort of penalty, like being slow or rarity.

Thats a good idea! Especially since mushroom spores phase through blocks. What would the arrows do then?

Edit: They could split into smaller spores on impact or leave a trail of spores.

Last edited:
They could have different recipes. Depending on what they do, they could cost more Shroomite or musket balls/arrows
That sounds incredibly convoluted and something that could just be more types of ammo from different materials.

I was thinking maybe it should have a different effect depending on your weapon's speed.

I think it would be better if it cycled through a set pattern; Wall Piercing>Mushroom trail> Explosive Spore> ect.....
But this makes them pretty overpowered.

You know what? I don't actually hate that. It is the bar MADE for rangers, so with any other material it would be unacceptable, but not with shroomite.
And perhaps if the bullets did something similar, as if only 1 in 3 shots can go through walls it'll balance it out by only being able to deal 33%~ the damage if an enemy is behind a wall. Or if every other bullet pierced allowing 50% of the damage to reach the enemy.

That sounds incredibly convoluted and something that could just be more types of ammo from different materials.

I was thinking maybe it should have a different effect depending on your weapon's speed.

Yeah, but it would be cool for something like that to be in a mod. And i get what you’re saying about speed. If its slow it would leave a trail but if it goes fast enough it could explode into spores, it would provide 2 kinds of attack with the switch if an accessory.

Yeah, but it would be cool for something like that to be in a mod. And i get what you’re saying about speed. If its slow it would leave a trail but if it goes fast enough it could explode into spores, it would provide 2 kinds of attack with the switch if an accessory.
I would do the exact opposite. If it explodes into spores from going fast then I-frames will block most of your shots.

Back
Top Bottom