Time to Get Your Wiring On - Terraria 1.3.1 Update Launches Today on Switch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've directly shared your post into PW for their take and to see if they can find those bug reports.

I have not personally had issues with any of that (except the stuttering...) on my personal switch or my devkit and nor have my kids. That said, this just means it is not universal and there is some trigger here that we need to identify.

For this "crash location", can you provide any details on it? A screenshot or even a zoomed in map shot? Sometimes its crazy stuff that causes these things (looks at the firefly crash from mobile back in the days)....

I just checked my kit and I was able to Reforge and use the Guide Crafting Interface fine. What precisely is occurring?

What are the reproduction steps for this item deletion issue? I have not had that happen to me on either of my switches... but maybe I am not doing the exact things to have it happen. Obviously that is serious.

Stuttering is known to PW, that much I can 100% promise you. We bring it up as well.

All I can promise is that 100% will make sure this is seen and see what's up.

The deletion bug seems to only affect me when using the touchscreen. Especially when swapping around inventory items with the upper inventory items (or perhaps swapping any items). I have auto-pause enabled if that's any reason. So far using physical buttons I haven't experienced this glitch.

I found a bug with stairs, when you hammer them the sprite for stairs connected to other platforms and the one for stairs disconnected to platforms are swapped, sorry for the bad quality of pictures

edit: I added a picture with stairs I made before the update and they don’t have this problem even with the recent update. The new picture has the wooden stairs representing the bug and the boreal wooden stairs are the stairs without the bug. ( the material of the platform doesn’t affect anything )

Attachments

• 779E79EB-1A2A-4AB3-9320-09DF583ED92B.jpeg
    779E79EB-1A2A-4AB3-9320-09DF583ED92B.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 196
  • 42EB00AD-BA39-46D9-A097-73B3F25EDAC2.jpeg
    42EB00AD-BA39-46D9-A097-73B3F25EDAC2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 224
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Playing on switch with newest update. Seems that when I hold down /spam the terrablade or nebula arcanum, my game freezes. I have to reset and it usually hasn't saved any progress I've made either. This has only happened since the last update.

The New Switch Update that came out was even better, but there were still a few issues:

Sign and NPC Bubbles would still trace with the player in the Inventory and the Pause Menu, there are still invisible letters in the Terraria Keyboard, you weren't able to scroll through text with L and R, you could still duplicate items with the Build Mode Glitch, and you can duplicate minions with the One-Hit KO glitch.

Target locking I like, especially since I've discovered just how bad I am on a controller. :nursetongue:

However, with no split-screen still, there's no point bothering with the Christmas event event for us.

Oh well, happy holidays, y'all. :nursecrying:

The deletion bug seems to only affect me when using the touchscreen. Especially when swapping around inventory items with the upper inventory items (or perhaps swapping any items). I have auto-pause enabled if that's any reason. So far using physical buttons I haven't experienced this glitch.

I have experienced the same bug when using the touchscreen to swap/equip items.
Ive lost two pairs of spectre boots, and my arctic diving gear. Almost lost my climbing gear too, but I quickly powered down the Switch and luckily it was back in my inventory when i rebooted.
Im gonna refrain from using the touchscreen for now.

Ive lost two pairs of spectre boots, and my arctic diving gear. Almost lost my climbing gear too, but I quickly powered down the Switch and luckily it was back in my inventory when i rebooted.

I know how it feels. How this passed Pipeworks + Re-Logics quality control is beyond me.

Now it's the waiting game, again.

Ok I have to say this and I hope it gets fixed but with this update I have lost all building controls like I did before update! I cannot build right from my inventory like I was able to before as it seems that toggle has been removed! Please put that back in this update as I loved it so much and now that it's gone I absolutely hate the update even with all the new additions that where added.

It appears that with some change or another, autopause has been defaulted to ON with 1.3.1. Go into settings and toggle it off - Build Mode and Autopause are a direct conflict with each other. :)

In regards to the item deletion bug, that was reported to me by a redditor - so I probably should have taken it with a grain of salt. Specifically, they said: 'There have been many glitches in the game after the update. I’ve had some of my items be deleted such as my accessories and other crafting materials when going into menus or just trying to swap them out.' I have asked them to provide me with more details and/or report the bug via the online form (or share details here).

Thanks - if I can get any solid repro steps, I can check it out myself even and take it from there. :)

The guide/tinkerer bug was reported by Foamy036 a few posts above mine. I tried to reproduce it and was able to do so as follows (this is all in handheld mode): First, I tried to give the guide an item to look at for crafting using the L button to switch to his "box" - I was able to do so just fine. I then tried to do the same with the tinkerer's reforging and again was able to do so just fine, but he did show 999 of every coin type (I verified that this is a visual bug; reforging still costed money when I checked my savings). I then tried give the tinkerer another item after opening and closing his window and the "L" button no longer worked; it just cycled between my equipment window and main inventory window. I was still able to manually move the item down to his box using the analogue stick. Finally, I went back to the guide and this time, neither the "L" button nor the analog stick worked, though I was still able to drag and drop an item into his box via touchscreen. I went back to the tinkerer and he no longer allowed me to highlight his box via the "L" button nor via analog stick either. So basically highlighting their boxes to place an item worked normally with the L button at first, then only the analog stick worked, then only the touchscreen worked. This was all in one session; no closing/reloading the game.

Let me play that back step-by-step?

1. Undocked only
2. Go to Guide, show item via LB toggle
3. Go to Tinkerer, show item via LB toggle (check for visual bug with coins)
4. Try to show Tinkerer again, observe that LB no longer works (but analog does)
5. Go back to Guide, note that now nothing but touch works

Accurate? I am gonna assume it is less complex than this (that if you just stay at the Guide and repeat actions it may trigger it... or the Tinkerer.... etc). I'll check on my Switches and see if I can replicate and share the info with PW.

I took screenshots in the location where the crash happens. I will attach them at the end of this post, but can also share them in a bug report if that is better. I also learned something new; the crash did not happen when I was zoomed out to take a nice big screenshot, but when I zoomed back in it occurred immediately once I got past a certain resolution. It appears to happen consistently at the default zoom level but not at larger resolutions. (Please note that zooming in/out did not cause a crash anywhere else in my world that I could find; just this one location). I can submit this in another bug report if it would help.

That is interesting indeed! So you say it only happens at default zoom or closer in but not when you are zoomed out farther than the default? What if you run in s

Once again, thank you for taking the time to respond to me. I understand that it is not within your power to fix all of these (or any of these) things yourself, but what you have already done is appreciated and renews my faith in the devs of this game a bit.

Indeed and glad to do it - its all I can do to help improve the experience, so I will do it. :)

you could still duplicate items with the Build Mode Glitch,

I was not able to do so on my devkit after the 1.3.1 update.... is there a new way to do this now that you mind sharing?

I found a bug with stairs, when you hammer them the sprite for stairs connected to other platforms and the one for stairs disconnected to platforms are swapped, sorry for the bad quality of pictures

Thanks for this, I'll do a side-by-side and see about ticketing it - unless you already filed a report? You mean the left side of your image right? the smaller-than-expected gap between stairs and platform to the left of the stairs

Side-by-Side with similar-era PC below.

1576516565279.png

Seems that when I hold down /spam the terrablade or nebula arcanum, my game freezes

Will try this as well - have not seen that happen to me ever.

I've used the touchscreen extensively and never seen that happen - but I'll mess around with it a ton and see what I see.

How this passed Pipeworks + Re-Logics quality control is beyond me.

Because either a given specific chain of commands was never used (aka "that's Terraria for you") or it simply never occurred on testing. For example, I've never had an item disappear... or a world crash... etc. That is why getting as-detailed-as-possible reproduction steps is so critical - because there is something different that player A is doing that is causing issue X.

So - the more detail on this item thing the better please.

I was able to recreate the disappear bug by dragging an item (a stopwatch) from the equipped slot to the main inventory.
Heres some details,
- softcore, normal, large world created on 6/27/19, 442 hours
- Jungle biome (44' underground)
- hardmode (beat WoF)
- auto pause is on
- default zoom
- undocked
- using touchscreen

That is interesting indeed! So you say it only happens at default zoom or closer in but not when you are zoomed out farther than the default? What if you run in s

Yep. The screenshot named crash_here_once_zoomed_in was taken right before I triggered the crash, from that exact location. I just went back to that spot while zoomed out and was able to trigger the crash once again by zooming in. It's also triggered by being at a normal zoom level (default I guess) and simply walking to that location, so it appears to be a combination of the location and the zoom level. It happens in both docked and handheld mode.

1. Undocked only

4. Try to show Tinkerer again, observe that LB no longer works (but analog does)

Accurate? I am gonna assume it is less complex than this (that if you just stay at the Guide and repeat actions it may trigger it... or the Tinkerer.... etc). I'll check on my Switches and see if I can replicate and share the info with PW.

That was my best understanding at the time. I've since discovered that inactivating the L/R buttons (and analog stick in the Guide's case) seems to be triggered by reforging. I also tried it docked and recreated the problem. So it's like:

1. Undocked and docked, everything works normally at first.

2. Go to Tinkerer, reforge item. (He will show 999 of every coin type in your savings, but still takes money from your actual savings when reforging).

3. Now the Tinkerer does not accept LB controls. He will still accept analog/d-pad controls and touch. The Guide only accepts touchscreen controls at this point.

I was able to reproduce that series of events several times, exactly like that.

It appears that with some change or another, autopause has been defaulted to ON with 1.3.1. Go into settings and toggle it off - Build Mode and Autopause are a direct conflict with each other. :)

Thanks - if I can get any solid repro steps, I can check it out myself even and take it from there. :)

1. Undocked only

Indeed and glad to do it - its all I can do to help improve the experience, so I will do it. :)

I was not able to do so on my devkit after the 1.3.1 update.... is there a new way to do this now that you mind sharing?

Thanks for this, I'll do a side-by-side and see about ticketing it - unless you already filed a report? You mean the left side of your image right? the smaller-than-expected gap between stairs and platform to the left of the stairs

Side-by-Side with similar-era PC below.

View attachment 231461

Will try this as well - have not seen that happen to me ever.

I've used the touchscreen extensively and never seen that happen - but I'll mess around with it a ton and see what I see.

Because either a given specific chain of commands was never used (aka "that's Terraria for you") or it simply never occurred on testing. For example, I've never had an item disappear... or a world crash... etc. That is why getting as-detailed-as-possible reproduction steps is so critical - because there is something different that player A is doing that is causing issue X.

So - the more detail on this item thing the better please.

Okay that makes sense, thanks Loki

I was able to recreate the disappear bug by dragging an item (a stopwatch) from the equipped slot to the main inventor

i attempted this multiple times with multiple items on my switch (open inventory, drag item from equipped to main inventory) in various locations with no vanishing items occurrences.

There has to be some other variable. Which inventory slot? Which equipment slot?

i attempted this multiple times with multiple items on my switch (open inventory, drag item from equipped to main inventory) in various locations with no vanishing items occurrences.

There has to be some other variable. Which inventory slot? Which equipment slot?

Thanks for taking the time look into it. I'm happy i havent lost anything rare, and avoiding the touchscreen for now is worth not losing anything important.
Im not sure what the variable is, but i was able to get the bug again.
This time i grabbed a few expendable items to try out (2 clouds in a bottle and an extra philosophers stone).
First i tried switching items up between equipped, vanity, and inventory with the touchscreen multiple times/variations at my spawnpoint. All good, no vanishing.

Next i travelled to some crimson (slightly underground, being shot at by some baddy) and opened my inventory and touched the cloudbottle (3rd slot from the bottom of vanity) and it disappeared. I then touched (not dragged, just touched) the other cloudbottle (in my inventory, 4down 4over slot) and it straight up disappeared too.
So, just to triple-check, i merely touched the philo-stone (inventory bottom right corner), and boom, gone too.
Inventory wasnt full, i had at least 5 empty spots.
Each time i made sure to check the trashbin, and it stayed empty, so im certain they werent accidentaly trashed.
Its a large world i created on launch day, dunno if it matters that its an old map.

Nice touch on the updates... but the game still locks up 2-3 times an hour (especially when you are doing the Frost Moon in an arena with transporters, lots of traps, and your Cross Necklass on)… I tried removing the transporters, turned of Autopause, stopped using my Stardust Dragon, took off the Cross Necklass, etc., but nothing helps. I can sometimes, with luck, get through the event about every 8 tries... mostly holding my breath and hoping it doesn't lock up and freeze my system.

Hopefully this will get fixed in the next update... :)

Next i travelled to some crimson (slightly underground, being shot at by some baddy) and opened my inventory and touched the cloudbottle (3rd slot from the bottom of vanity) and it disappeared. I then touched (not dragged, just touched) the other cloudbottle (in my inventory, 4down 4over slot) and it straight up disappeared too.
So, just to triple-check, i merely touched the philo-stone (inventory bottom right corner), and boom, gone too.
Inventory wasnt full, i had at least 5 empty spots.
Each time i made sure to check the trashbin, and it stayed empty, so im certain they werent accidentaly trashed.
Its a large world i created on launch day, dunno if it matters that its an old map.

Hmmmm... ok I will try that as well. I may ticket this up to PWQA so they can get more eyes on it/more shots on goal.

They weren't tossed on the ground perhaps?

Hmmmm... ok I will try that as well. I may ticket this up to PWQA so they can get more eyes on it/more shots on goal.

They weren't tossed on the ground perhaps?

I'm fairly certain they werent dropped. I walked about in the immidiate area when it happened to check if i'd tossed them somehow (i dont have 'throw' assigned to any button, cuz i hate accidently dropping things), and it was just a simple touch on the items when they disappeared, not even a drag.
Im going to try again with some expendable items to see if maybe pulling up the menu while there's action going on has anything to do with it.

On another note id like to say i really like the new lock-on aiming, it makes yo-yos a lot more useful, and a whole lot more fun as a weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom