Portfolio/Multi-Topic Accessory Ideas

Logpotna

Terrarian
Hello, I'm here to suggest ideas for accessories, as the title suggests.

1. Ankh Sheild stuff

First, make the Hand Warmers Drop from the Icy Merman, because similar to other debuff negating accessories, the Icy Merman inflicts the debuffs this accessory negates (chilled & frozen). Drop chance 1% in normal mode, 2% in expert mode.

Second, Padded Mirror. This is an accessory made from combining the Pocket Mirror and Hand Warmers. This combination actually makes sense, as the Pocket Mirror and Hand Warmers both prevent debuffs that completely stop the player from moving (Pocket Mirror prevents Petrified, Hand Warmers prevent Frozen).

Finally, Padded Pocket Mirror + Ankh Sheild. People have stated they don't want to do extra grinding to obtain new accessories to make the Ankh Charm (Hand Warmers and Pocket Mirror), so why not introduce them after the Ankh Sheild has been crafted? This will allow players to get the extra debuff negation if they want it, but also allow players who don't want to, to not have to. So, I present the Padded Reflective Ankh Sheild (this name is kinda bad I know (I'm bad with naming stuff), suggest name changes if you like). Crafted with the Ankh Sheild and the Padded Mirror, it will add in the Pocket Mirror & Hand Warmers into the Ankh crafting tree, to prevent Frozen and Petrified (I know the Hand Warmers provide immunity to chilled, but the Ankh Sheild already does that too). Or alternatively, just deal with the extra grinding, and add the Padded Mirror to the Ankh Charm crafting recipe.

Side note: make Crimslimes spawn underground, and inflict Blindness, so the Blindfold can also drop from them. Same drop chance as from Slimers & Corrupt Slimes. Also, make Floaty Grosses spawn on the surface for easier Vitamins farming. These changes would give the Crimson more parity with the Corruption.

2. Boot stuff

First, give Dunerider Boots (coming in 1.4) immunity to the Mighty Wind debuff.

Second and finally, the main point of this section, combining the boot accessories. I'm pretty sure I read that the reason a combination between Frostspark Boots & Lava Waders doesn't exist is that the developers thought it too overpowered for a pre-hardmode accessory (which is fair enough, it would be). So, a combination of Lava Waders, Frostspark Boots, the Dunerider Boots, and 15 hardmode bars (either Hallowed or Chlorophyte, (depending on which stage of the game this should be obtained (Luminite if you want it that late game))) would hopefully satisfy everyone. People who want to combine the boots finally will be able too, but the accessory would be hardmode, which would mean it's not an overpowered pre-hardmode accessory, as it would be obtained in mid-early / mid hardmode. Also, suggest a name for this accessory in the comments, as I have absolutely no clue about the name of this, thanks.

3. Fishing Cell Phone parts

This can be suggested here, as they are technically accessories.

The fishing parts for the Cell Phone are really hard to get. In fact, I would say that the reason most players don't go for the Cell Phone is because of these three parts. Every other ingredient can always be searched / grinded for (besides the Travelling Merchant parts, but the Travelling Merchant nearly always sells at least one of the parts), so they can be gotten relatively quickly. You can only have a chance to get the fishing parts once every 24 minutes, because the Angler only gives out one fishing quest a day. In addition, the chance the Angler will give you the parts you need is so small, making it even harder to obtain them. There are three solutions to this.

The first solution is to be able to do as many quests as you like per day. If the quest system was changed so that it changes every time a quest is completed, and you can do a new quest immediately, the parts would be obtained a lot faster.

The second solution is to raise the drop chance. This would mean there would need to be fewer quests completed, as the parts would drop more often.

The last solution is to have the parts also have a chance to drop from Iron, Gold & Biome Cates. These crates are relatively difficult to obtain, so the parts would still be challenging to acquire. But, it would provide players with an alternate method of getting these parts.

These changes would significantly shorten the long wait to get the parts, so more players would get the Cell Phone.

Thank you for reading!

Last edited:
Hello, I'm here to suggest ideas for accessories, as the title suggests.

1. Ankh Sheild stuff

First, make the Hand Warmers Drop from the Icy Merman, because similar to other debuff negating accessories, the Icy Merman inflicts the debuffs this accessory negates (chilled & frozen). Drop chance 1% in normal mode, 2% in expert mode.

Second, Padded Mirror. This is an accessory made from combining the Pocket Mirror and Hand Warmers. This combination actually makes sense, as the Pocket Mirror and Hand Warmers both prevent debuffs that completely stop the player from moving (Pocket Mirror prevents Petrified, Hand Warmers prevent Frozen).

Finally, Padded Pocket Mirror + Ankh Sheild. People have stated they don't want to do extra grinding to obtain new accessories to make the Ankh Charm (Hand Warmers and Pocket Mirror), so why not introduce them after the Ankh Sheild has been crafted? This will allow players to get the extra debuff negation if they want it, but also allow players who don't want to, to not have to. So, I present the Padded Reflective Ankh Sheild (this name is kinda bad I know (I'm bad with naming stuff), suggest name changes if you like). Crafted with the Ankh Sheild and the Padded Mirror, it will add in the Pocket Mirror & Hand Warmers into the Ankh crafting tree, to prevent Frozen and Petrified (I know the Hand Warmers provide immunity to chilled, but the Ankh Sheild already does that too). Or alternatively, just deal with the extra grinding, and add the Padded Mirror to the Ankh Charm crafting recipe.

Side note: make Crimslimes inflict Blindness, so the Blindfold can also drop from them. Same drop chance as from Slimers & Corrupt Slimes.

2. Boot stuff

First, an accessory dropped from Sand Sharks (to make this accessory hardmode (this is important later)), that will negate the Mighty Wind effect from sandstorms (suggest names for this in the comments if you like, as I said, I'm bad at naming things). This will be dropped with a 1% chance in normal mode, and a 2% chance in expert mode.

Second and finally, the main point of this section, combining the boot accessories. I'm pretty sure I read that the reason a combination between Frostspark Boots & Lava Waders doesn't exist is that the developers thought it too overpowered for a pre-hardmode accessory (which is fair enough, it would be). So, a combination of Lava Waders, Frostspark Boots, the Dunerider Boots (from the Journey's End trailer), the accessory just suggested, and 15 hardmode bars (either Hallowed or Chlorophyte, (depending on which stage of the game this should be obtained (Luminite if you want it that late game))) would hopefully satisfy everyone. People who want to combine the boots finally will be able too, but the accessory would be hardmode, which would mean it's not an overpowered pre-hardmode accessory, as it would be obtained in mid-early / mid hardmode. Also, suggest a name for this accessory in the comments, as I have absolutely no clue about the name of this, thanks.

3. Fishing Cell Phone parts

This can be suggested here, as they are technically accessories.

The fishing parts for the Cell Phone are really hard to get. In fact, I would say that the reason most players don't go for the Cell Phone is because of these three parts. Every other ingredient can always be searched / grinded for (besides the Travelling Merchant parts, but the Travelling Merchant nearly always sells at least one of the parts), so they can be gotten relatively quickly. You can only have a chance to get the fishing parts once every 24 minutes, because the Angler only gives out one fishing quest a day. In addition, the chance the Angler will give you the parts you need is so small, making it even harder to obtain them. There are three solutions to this.

The first solution is to be able to do as many quests as you like per day. If the quest system was changed so that it changes every time a quest is completed, and you can do a new quest immediately, the parts would be obtained a lot faster.

The second solution is to raise the drop chance. This would mean there would need to be fewer quests completed, as the parts would drop more often.

The last solution is to have the parts also have a chance to drop from Iron, Gold & Biome Cates. These crates are relatively difficult to obtain, so the parts would still be challenging to acquire. But, it would provide players with an alternate method of getting these parts.

These changes would significantly shorten the long wait to get the parts, so more players would get the Cell Phone.

Thank you for reading!
Tell me exactly why I would want to grind out these items without any real buffs to them. In their current state, they are grossly overrated and way too weak compared to how difficult they are to get.

The Ankh shield only protects against enemies that either slowly walk towards you, or the debuffs are extremely rare/do literally nothing to hinder you (looking at you, slowed and darkness).

Why would I ever want the lava waders for literally any reason after wall of flesh, let alone after I have access to hallowed bars?

Literally 3 functions of the cell phone have any real use: recall, time, and rare enemy detector. It still isn't worth going out of your waiy for even if you buff it like this.

In short, ankh shield is a niche item and should be treated as such, lava waders is also a niche item which would add just more grinding with absolutely NO benefit if you tinkered it with something, and Cell phone is a luxury item that should only be sought after if you hate yourself and want to waste time on something that saves 2 inventory slots at best, and deserves to be lumped together with the bundle of balloons for rarity to power ratio.

Last edited:
Tell me exactly why I would want to grind out these items without any real buffs to them. In their current state, they are grossly overrated and way too weak compared to how difficult they are to get.

The Ankh shield only protects against enemies that either slowly walk towards you, or the debuffs are extremely rare/do literally nothing to hinder you (looking at you, slowed and darkness).

Why would I ever want the lava waders for literally any reason after wall of flesh, let alone after I have access to hallowed bars?

Literally 3 functions of the cell phone have any real use: recall, time, and rare enemy detector. It still isn't worth going out of your waiy for even if you buff it like this.

In short, ankh shield is a niche item and should be treated as such, lava waders is also a niche item which would add just more grinding with absolutely NO benefit if you tinkered it with something, and Cell phone is a luxury item that should only be sought after if you hate yourself and want to waste time on something that saves 2 inventory slots at best, and deserves to be lumped together with the bundle of balloons for rarity to power ratio.
Just because you don't use them, doesn't mean others don't, first of all. Why do you think the Lava Waders + Frostspark Boots has been suggested so much? If no one used them, no one would care, but people clearly do care.

Second, if they are so niche, where's the harm in adding a tinker to them?

Just because you don't use them, doesn't mean others don't, first of all. Why do you think the Lava Waders + Frostspark Boots has been suggested so much? If no one used them, no one would care, but people clearly do care.

Second, if they are so niche, where's the harm in adding a tinker to them?
You completely ignored my questions.

You completely ignored my questions.

OK then.
The Ankh Sheild is a great accessory for Plantera - poison immunity. Also, it allows you to get the damage buff from feral bite without the annoying effects that randomly happen.

People like Lava Waders for the quality of life that it gives - you can walk on liquids all the time without having to carry a potion on you. And in a response to a possible argument "well, that's only a small QoL thing" that's why it should be tinkerable with Frostspark boots. And if you don't want to grind to get that QoL, you don't have too, but others might.

The Cell Phone has more use than that.

The Depth Meter, if gotten early enough, can be good if you like to get an early Water Bolt, and also fishing. Now you've got 2/3 of the items for the GPS, so might as well get that to save inventory room.

The Radar can be helpful for farming purposes. Got more enemies nearby than enemies in your farm? That could be fixed to improve efficiency. Now you have 2/3 things for the REK 3000, so combine them for inventory room.

The DPS meter can be useful for comparing weapons. The Metal Detector can be used to save spelunker potions. See something being detected nearby? Now's a good time to use a Spelunker Potion. Now you have 2/3 things for the Goblin Tech, so might as well combine them to save inventory room.

The Sextant is helpful for farming werewolves for the Adhesive Bandage and Moon Charm. Now you've got so many items, it's worth combining them for the inventory space.

Also, side note: how would you combine the Cell Phone with the Bundle of Balloons? The Cell Phone isn't an accessory. The PDA would make sense.

OK then.
The Ankh Sheild is a great accessory for Plantera - poison immunity. Also, it allows you to get the damage buff from feral bite without the annoying effects that randomly happen.

People like Lava Waders for the quality of life that it gives - you can walk on liquids all the time without having to carry a potion on you. And in a response to a possible argument "well, that's only a small QoL thing" that's why it should be tinkerable with Frostspark boots. And if you don't want to grind to get that QoL, you don't have too, but others might.

The Cell Phone has more use than that.

The Depth Meter, if gotten early enough, can be good if you like to get an early Water Bolt, and also fishing. Now you've got 2/3 of the items for the GPS, so might as well get that to save inventory room.

The Radar can be helpful for farming purposes. Got more enemies nearby than enemies in your farm? That could be fixed to improve efficiency. Now you have 2/3 things for the REK 3000, so combine them for inventory room.

The DPS meter can be useful for comparing weapons. The Metal Detector can be used to save spelunker potions. See something being detected nearby? Now's a good time to use a Spelunker Potion. Now you have 2/3 things for the Goblin Tech, so might as well combine them to save inventory room.

The Sextant is helpful for farming werewolves for the Adhesive Bandage and Moon Charm. Now you've got so many items, it's worth combining them for the inventory space.

Also, side note: how would you combine the Cell Phone with the Bundle of Balloons? The Cell Phone isn't an accessory. The PDA would make sense.
Your arguments point out how niche these are, you say that the Ankh Shield is great for a single debuff, when I'd rather equip, say, a black belt (which is at least 30x easier to get) and just not take damage at all. If you actually bothered to grind an ankh shield before getting plantera you wasted enough time that you could be done with golem already. Small quality of life is fine... when it doesn't take over 2 hours to get.

Wow, walking on liquids is so useful, I was going to use wings or a grappling hook, which take 10 minutes to get as opposed to 180 and allow me to avoid liquids altogether, but I don't think I will now. Again, rarity is an important factor.

Sure, you can use a depth meter for an early water bolt, but you literally never need it again, and therefore the cell phone does NOT cut down on the space it would use.

I don't need a radar to tell me how to just fly up and despawn all the enemies outside of my farm, that's easy to do.

The DPS meter doesn't factor in critical hits, which some builds are made entirely around, therefore it's not worth it, again.

The Metal Detector is easily outclassed by the Magic Lantern (heck, even spelunker glowsticks), which actually shows you where stuff is instead of just saying "uuuh there's a thing close by, not telling where it is though" and ISN'T STUPIDLY RARE.

The Sextant would be helpful... If I didn't have freaking eyes to see that the moon was indeed, a circle, and half of a brain to tell me that there are indeed werewolves attacking me.

I wasn't going to combine the cell phone and balloons, I was saying that it should be treated as an unnecessary luxury LIKE the bundle of balloons, which is stupidly hard to get, and nice to have if you can get it, but you definitely shouldn't be going out of your way for it.

Reactions: Bry
I don't need a radar to tell me how to just fly up and despawn all the enemies outside of my farm, that's easy to do.
That's not at all what I'm saying. If it's some sort of underground farm, it is important that all enemies spawn inside the farm, otherwise enemies will slowly spawn less and less inside the farm, greatly reducing efficiency.
I wasn't going to combine the cell phone and balloons, I was saying that it should be treated as an unnecessary luxury LIKE the bundle of balloons, which is stupidly hard to get, and nice to have if you can get it, but you definitely shouldn't be going out of your way for it.
Oops, my bad.
The Sextant would be helpful... If I didn't have freaking eyes to see that the moon was indeed, a circle, and half of a brain to tell me that there are indeed werewolves attacking me.
What if you're underground, and cannot physically see the moon or surface enemies?
Your arguments point out how niche these are, you say that the Ankh Shield is great for a single debuff, when I'd rather equip, say, a black belt (which is at least 30x easier to get) and just not take damage at all. If you actually bothered to grind an ankh shield before getting plantera you wasted enough time that you could be done with golem already. Small quality of life is fine... when it doesn't take over 2 hours to get.
Some players just like to do that grinding, some don't. It's up to the individual player to decide. The feral bite debuff is quite annoying for some, and also, using the Ankh Sheild to negate the other debuffs is a strategy some use. Also, you physically cannot get a Black Belt before Plantera. The Black Belt only provides a 10% dodge chance, as well.
The Metal Detector is easily outclassed by the Magic Lantern (heck, even spelunker glowsticks), which actually shows you where stuff is instead of just saying "uuuh there's a thing close by, not telling where it is though" and ISN'T STUPIDLY RARE.
The Magic Lantern & Spelunker Glowsticks don't tell you what things are actually nearby, just that there are things nearby. It could be Copper or Chlorophyte.
The DPS meter doesn't factor in critical hits, which some builds are made entirely around, therefore it's not worth it, again.
Just look at the average, not each individual hit. If you mostly do ~250 DPS, then that's your average damage. If you mostly do ~150 DPS, that's your average. I know which build I would choose there.
Wow, walking on liquids is so useful, I was going to use wings or a grappling hook, which take 10 minutes to get as opposed to 180 and allow me to avoid liquids altogether, but I don't think I will now. Again, rarity is an important factor.
If people use Frostspark Boots, they would mainly be running, in which case, walking on liquids may be more convenient. Also, what's the harm in adding a niche item into that crafting tree.
Sure, you can use a depth meter for an early water bolt, but you literally never need it again, and therefore the cell phone does NOT cut down on the space it would use.
By the time you have everything else for the Cell Phone, yes it would. Also, again, personal preference.

It actually does, some people in the Wiki did testing with the Sniper Rifle which showed that pretty clearly. But then again the thing is so damn inconsistent that it's terribly unreliable for anything other than getting an idea (not even an average, sometimes it likes to show you completely different numbers with the same build you had 30 seconds ago) of how much damage you deal.

That's not at all what I'm saying. If it's some sort of underground farm, it is important that all enemies spawn inside the farm, otherwise enemies will slowly spawn less and less inside the farm, greatly reducing efficiency.

Oops, my bad.

What if you're underground, and cannot physically see the moon or surface enemies?

Some players just like to do that grinding, some don't. It's up to the individual player to decide. The feral bite debuff is quite annoying for some, and also, using the Ankh Sheild to negate the other debuffs is a strategy some use. Also, you physically cannot get a Black Belt before Plantera. The Black Belt only provides a 10% dodge chance, as well.

The Magic Lantern & Spelunker Glowsticks don't tell you what things are actually nearby, just that there are things nearby. It could be Copper or Chlorophyte.

Just look at the average, not each individual hit. If you mostly do ~250 DPS, then that's your average damage. If you mostly do ~150 DPS, that's your average. I know which build I would choose there.

If people use Frostspark Boots, they would mainly be running, in which case, walking on liquids may be more convenient. Also, what's the harm in adding a niche item into that crafting tree.

By the time you have everything else for the Cell Phone, yes it would. Also, again, personal preference.
Fine, if you want to waste hours upon hours grinding for an item that could serve you for about 2% of the time you have it equipped at best, be my guest. But I'd rather equip equally useful items that take me 1/10th of the time to get, like the Putrid Scent.

Fine, if you want to waste hours upon hours grinding for an item that could serve you for about 2% of the time you have it equipped at best, be my guest. But I'd rather equip equally useful items that take me 1/10th of the time to get, like the Putrid Scent.
The only items that take hours are the Angler ones, which I am suggesting to change. Ankh Charm drops rarely take too long.

THere are too many of them, which amounts to about an hour and a half if you're extremely lucky.
You're entitled to your own opinion. Also, your only arguments against these are "these items aren't commonly used, so therefore no.", which first of all, is untrue, and second of all, doesn't actually provide useful feedback on the idea.

Edit: Sorry if I sound like a douche with the starting sentence, that's not my intention. It's a poor choice of words

Last edited:
I have to agree with Derpling, a lot of these accessories are just time wasters and really aren't all that useful. Only a few of their uses are useful but for the most part they aren't worth getting, unless you're me who always for some reason tries to get both the Ankh shield and Cell Phone after I kill the Moon Lord.

Man, you really looked the other way with some of the issues present with these accessories.
1. Ankh Shield stuff

Side note: make Crimslimes inflict Blindness, so the Blindfold can also drop from them. Same drop chance as from Slimers & Corrupt Slimes.
You acknowledged that people might not even bother farming by making the Pocket Mirror and Hand Warmers go AFTER the Shield's creation, but you then ignored the OTHER :red: a ton of people don't wanna farm for. While the drop chance for each accessory might not be TOO bad (they're pretty bad), you have to keep in mind that you have to do this NINE times just for the Ankh Shield. That time adds right up, and anyone who doesn't have 30 millennia to wait for the game to like their face for 2 seconds is just gonna :red:in' let the items rot. The payoff's not even that great, either: 80% of the time you spend with enemies that inflicts a debuff you want immunity to is likely you trying to farm for the Immunity item. Most other run-ins with the debuff will be short-lived and few and far in-between; Weak barely even does anything, and that's coming from a player who almost exclusively uses Melee weapons (though I do concede that its icon is motivation enough to want the immunity).

Also, at least give the Blindfold to an enemy that makes sense; Crimslime looks more like it would inflict Weak than anything else.
...an accessory dropped from Sand Sharks (to make this accessory hardmode (this is important later)), that will negate the Mighty Wind effect from sandstorms...

...a combination of Lava Waders, Frostspark Boots, the Dunerider Boots, the Dunerider Boots, and 15 Hardmode Bars (random shoehorned bars 'cuz why not) would hopefully satisfy everyone. People who want to combine the boots finally will be able too, but the accessory would be hardmode, which would mean it's not an overpowered pre-hardmode accessory, as it would be obtained in mid-early / mid hardmode. Also, suggest a name for this accessory in the comments, as I have absolutely no clue about the name of this, thanks.
You could just give the Mighty Wind immunity to the Dunerider Boots; that makes so much sense thematically, and it wouldn't be wildly shoehorned in.

Dude, I like the Frostspark Boots and Lava Waders, but I honestly just don't want to spend several hours/days/too longs just looking for the Water Walking Boots and Lava Charm. I'd love the convenience from mixing them, but that's just for personal reasons; most people seem to focus on the fact that every utility both pairs of footwear provide seems to be out-classed by one item or another:
  • Water Walking/Obsidian Skin Potions (you can literally just FIND both) can completely nullify the Lava Waders for people who spend just a few minutes getting potion ingredients, though I just prefer permanent bonuses. If you wanna fix these waders, you need to fix the Underworld as a whole.
  • When it comes to the Frostspark Boots, a lot of people are either Falco or really love/hate their Left and Right keys, leading them to use Wings or the Tabi over running on the ground.

Hard pass on #1; I just think it removes from the experience. I'd be down for integrating both #2 and #3.
You're entitled to your own opinion. Also, your only arguments against these are "these items aren't commonly used, so therefore no.", which first of all, is untrue, and second of all, doesn't actually provide useful feedback on the idea.
Something being commonly used doesn't mean it's good. A lotta people don't even realize how situational the item is, which may be the only thing keeping them from abstaining.

"You are entitled to your opinion that it takes a long-:red: time even though going to 9 different locations to find the enemies that drop the items required for the Ankh Shield objectively takes a long time when you add it all up and that setting up fast-travel between the spots might actually waste more time overall."

Also, yes, I read the previous posts; I pretty much share the same sentiments as Ω.

Last edited:
Man, you really looked the other way with some of the issues present with these accessories.

You acknowledged that people might not even bother farming by making the Pocket Mirror and Hand Warmers go AFTER the Shield's creation, but you then ignored the OTHER :red: a ton of people don't wanna farm for. While the drop chance for each accessory might not be TOO bad (they're pretty bad), you have to keep in mind that you have to do this NINE times just for the Ankh Shield. That time adds right up, and anyone who doesn't have 30 millennia to wait for the game to like their face for 2 seconds is just gonna :red:in' let the items rot. The payoff's not even that great, either: 80% of the time you spend with enemies that inflicts a debuff you want immunity to is likely you trying to farm for the Immunity item. Most other run-ins with the debuff will be short-lived and few and far in-between; Weak barely even does anything, and that's coming from a player who almost exclusively uses Melee weapons (though I do concede that its icon is motivation enough to want the immunity).

Also, at least give the Blindfold to an enemy that makes sense; Crimslime looks more like it would inflict Weak than anything else.

You could just give the Mighty Wind immunity to the Dunerider Boots; that makes so much sense thematically, and it wouldn't be wildly shoehorned in.

Dude, I like the Frostspark Boots and Lava Waders, but I honestly just don't want to spend several hours/days/too longs just looking for the Water Walking Boots and Lava Charm. I'd love the convenience from mixing them, but that's just for personal reasons; most people seem to focus on the fact that every utility both pairs of footwear provide seems to be out-classed by one item or another:
  • Water Walking/Obsidian Skin Potions (you can literally just FIND both) can completely nullify the Lava Waders for people who spend just a few minutes getting potion ingredients, though I just prefer permanent bonuses. If you wanna fix these waders, you need to fix the Underworld as a whole.
  • When it comes to the Frostspark Boots, a lot of people are either Falco or really love/hate their Left and Right keys, leading them to use Wings or the Tabi over running on the ground.

Hard pass on #1; I just think it removes from the experience. I'd be down for integrating both #2 and #3.

Something being commonly used doesn't mean it's good. A lotta people don't even realize how situational the item is, which may be the only thing keeping them from abstaining.

"You are entitled to your opinion that it takes a long-:red: time even though going to 9 different locations to find the enemies that drop the items required for the Ankh Shield objectively takes a long time when you add it all up and that setting up fast-travel between the spots might actually waste more time overall."

Also, yes, I read the previous posts; I pretty much share the same sentiments as Ω.
I'm not going to try to convince people that these items are worthwhile anymore. Either you like them or you don't. Now, to respond to the other points.

I chose the Crimslime for parity with the Corruption.

I like the idea of giving the debuff immunity to the Dunerider Boots, it makes a lot more sense.

Fast travel doesn't take any time at all, it's just expensive (Grand Design with Teleporters).

I do agree with you on not adding #1, it was just a way to fix it.

I chose the Crimslime for parity with the Corruption.
The crimson doesn't have an enemy that inflicts weak like the Corruptor, right? Why not give it the Vitamins and Weak debuff, or even give it the bandage and Bleeding debuff so that crimson worlds have another (though almost meaningless) difference?

Reactions: Bry
The crimson doesn't have an enemy that inflicts weak like the Corruptor, right? Why not give it the Vitamins and Weak debuff, or even give it the bandage and Bleeding debuff so that crimson worlds have another (though almost meaningless) difference?
Floaty Gross.

Floaty Gross.
Okay, so the Corruption's Immunity Accesaory-dropping enemies are both on the surface, while the Floaty Gross is underground.
It would make a lot more sense to add an enemy to the Underground Crimson that can cause Darkness and give THEM the Blindfold, as it's arguably more dangerous underground, and Crimson is intended to be the greater of two evils.

Okay, so the Corruption's Immunity Accesaory-dropping enemies are both on the surface, while the Floaty Gross is underground.
It would make a lot more sense to add an enemy to the Underground Crimson that can cause Darkness and give THEM the Blindfold, as it's arguably more dangerous underground, and Crimson is intended to be the greater of two evils.

Good idea, I merged that idea with mine about the Crimslime (that should inflict blindness), (so now they spawn underground), and make Floaty Grosses spawn on the surface. Edited that into the post, along with your idea about the Dunerider Boots.

Good idea, I merged that idea with mine about the Crimslime (that should inflict blindness), (so now they spawn underground), and make Floaty Grosses spawn on the surface. Edited that into the post, along with your idea about the Dunerider Boots.
Oh, well, I was hoping for a bit more effort than "Crimslime underground now", but whatever works, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom