tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

I am new to the modding system in Terraria. When this mod updated it broke my previous worlds and I had to manually revert to get the worlds working again. Is this normal, and true of all mods? Is there a work around to make things easier, or does everyone just say **** it and move to a new world upon any and all updates?

I am new to the modding system in Terraria. When this mod updated it broke my previous worlds and I had to manually revert to get the worlds working again. Is this normal, and true of all mods? Is there a work around to make things easier, or does everyone just say **** it and move to a new world upon any and all updates?
It's generally not normal.

hi when i try to launch the command "oUninstallFromWorld" it says : "Usage: /oUninstallFromWorld" and nothing changes, what i'm doing wrong?

Hello. Is there a way to disable only one kind of weapon overhaul? I wish to disable the Throwing Weapon triple throw but keep the others. Thanks and great mod.

Hi, since the latest update, I have a bug with crows.
They always spawn like this and they both play the flying animation when I come too close.

I don't know if it is from the mod directly or if it is a tModLoader FNA (64bit) issue.

Crows.png

Worlds not loading is a bug when updating from 4.2.0, which requires you to restart the game. I have fixed this for 4.3.2, which will be out soon.
None of your worlds were affected, they just couldn't be loaded in the session, don't panic.

Hello. Is there a way to disable only one kind of weapon overhaul? I wish to disable the Throwing Weapon triple throw but keep the others. Thanks and great mod.
Not yet, but next major update is the long-awaited config update, which I hope will let you decide about anything separately. Is there any specific weapon that you think shouldn't have triple throw? It's only supposed to be there for shuriken-like stuff.

Hi, since the latest update, I have a bug with crows.
They always spawn like this and they both play the flying animation when I come too close.

I don't know if it is from the mod directly or if it is a tModLoader FNA (64bit) issue.

View attachment 232993
Yup, a basic regression from rewrites. Fixed for 4.3.2, soon.

Not yet, but next major update is the long-awaited config update, which I hope will let you decide about anything separately. Is there any specific weapon that you think shouldn't have triple throw? It's only supposed to be there for shuriken-like stuff.
Extroardinarily exciting! You have my deepest thanks. ^-^

The one change that I find the most significant and jarring from Vanilla into Overhaul is how when mining, when you position the cursor over a block to mine it, sometimes after that block is gone, your pickaxe goes from mining mode into weapon mode and you stop mining where the cursor goes. Yet, I don't want to activate the Smart Cursor because it actually has no idea where I want to mine, and ends up mining exactly the one block I didn't want to mine.

Turning off weaponized picks altogether (As a configurable option. Same with hammers.) would be a godsend. Mirsario, you've done the world a tremendous service in creating Overhaul; truly - but this is the one element that really ruins the immersion. I feel like I have some kind of palsy when suddenly I'm not mining when I had every intention on mining.

Hello and thanks for responding. The thing is that I wanted to play it with the Calamity Mod too, and it currently makes everything in that mod triple throw, including non-consumable throwing weapons.

Hello and thanks for responding. The thing is that I wanted to play it with the Calamity Mod too, and it currently makes everything in that mod triple throw, including non-consumable throwing weapons.
Overhaul isn’t meant to be compatible with other mods iirc

Overhaul isn’t meant to be compatible with other mods iirc

That's not true. From the first post:

Mod Compatibility:
(Make sure you're running the latest version)

All mods are compatible by default. This just a list of incompatibilities & mods with issues.

Dual Wielding - Incompatible. Can't be fixed on Overhaul's side.
kRPG - *Currently* incompatible.
ItemCustomizer - Rendering is incompatible.
WeaponOut - Works great, but overhaul overrides its rendering.

Worlds not loading is a bug when updating from 4.2.0, which requires you to restart the game. I have fixed this for 4.3.2, which will be out soon.
None of your worlds were affected, they just couldn't be loaded in the session, don't panic.

Yup, a basic regression from rewrites. Fixed for 4.3.2, soon.
so next update is for the configs?
heres my suggestion

1) specific weapon config (like melee overhaul/magic overhaul) where we can toggle off others while some preferred option stays

2) more lightning stuff ( you now, like weapon/item that can harness the power of lightning, so we can use the electricity for weaponry or building)

3) since smoke sensors is present, you might wanna add an item called "sprinklers" its pretty much LOl if i use smoke sensors and connect it to an actuated block on a pool of water to turn the fire out on my house, (i wanna see a sprinkler in action, like a rapid watergun blasting from my ceiling, but its up to you TY)

4) snowman cannon magazine, i know some weapons in terraria are not affected by overhaul (snowman cannon , elf melter) but snowman cannon should have like a magazine and for balance purpose, 30 rounds LOL // also elf melter have no magazine, i know it acts like vanilla flame thrower but putting like 50- 100 charges for its magazine wont hurt (or do you have other issues why these are not affected?)

5)crimson has tendons growing when autumn falls, corruption should have some too right?, like small bile-blisters that explode on touch and cause a short slow on players

well TY for reading my post i hope some of it is on the next update

So with the weapon config update, I'd assume you can only turn entire weapon types on or off, but would that split be in broad strokes like magic vs melee, or would different types of weapons within a category be togglable, such as handguns, shotguns, and machine guns? I mainly ask since I love most of the changes and wouldn't want to turn any of them off... except for the Arkhalis. It was always my go-to weapon even into hardmode until I started using Overhaul, which made it practically useless. It's kind of a category of sword all by itself so I'd really hope I can just make it function like vanilla without changing other swords. Cheers!

Last edited:
So with the weapon config update, I'd assume you can only turn entire weapon types on or off, but would that split be in broad strokes like magic vs melee, or would different types of weapons within a category be togglable, such as handguns, shotguns, and machine guns? I mainly ask since I love most of the changes and wouldn't want to turn any of them off... except for the Arkhalis. It was always my go-to weapon even into hardmode until I started using Overhaul, which made it practically useless. It's kind of a category of sword all by itself so I'd really hope I can just make it function like vanilla without changing other swords. Cheers!

On an unrelated tangent, the banner rework breaks compatibility with the banner rack from Banner Bonanza, even if I select the vanilla banner option. Any possibility of fixing that on this end?
arkhalis is good in vanilla but in overhaul it can reflect projectiles so its nerfed since its too OP for pre hardmode lucky players

If that's the case, then I hope you can apply a way to disable arm rotation while retaining the weapon overhaul for the next update. That would be a godsend.

Is there any way to turn off the weapon screen shake? I really like everything the mod does, except it gives me a headache when I play using bows or staves.

Back
Top Bottom