tModLoader Adventure Mode

hamstar

Terrarian
Note: This is being ported to the new tModLoader.
Meanwhile, follow this guide to play (this will NOT disrupt your 1.4 mods).

Download v0.57.1.2
(Needs tModLoader v0.11.X)

Premise:

Welcome to Adventure Mode! This is a game mode designed to give a fresh take on the Terraria experience as you know it, but with a few added twists. You'll be sent on a journey of exploration and conquest to solve the mysteries of the island of Terraria in order to save the world.

Though this game mode features a plethora of new mechanics and content, it does also change the vanilla game's mechanics heavily. Here's a rundown:
  • Building and digging disabled (some exceptions).
  • Use platforms, planks, ropes, rails, and fast travel wall mirrors to get around.
  • Use Orbs (found in chests) to access new, sealed areas.
  • All crafting is now simplified to just by yourself or a workbench (or the occasional Demon Altar).
  • Resources are not unlimited, or may be expensive. Use them wisely.
  • Create houses via. kits, featuring NPC living space, a bed, crafting station, and a fast travel point.
  • Talk to NPCs to learn of your objectives. Read messages from your in-game inbox to learn about the world and the challenges you'll face.

Context:

From the in-game "Your mission on Terraria" handbook:
Your ultimate goal is to end the undeath plague (Necrotis) threatening our entire world. Due to certain circumstances, your mission must be kept secret. You also must get by only with the limited resources we've provided and those you can find on the island. Sorry we can't be of more help.

Accompanying you is a guide of the island; you should be able to get a foothold at least. Here's the list of priorities for your mission:

• Safety first. Even with your special conditioning, dying will not help the mission. Watch your step.
  • Search for clues - anything - that can reveal the source of the plague. It must be somewhere on this island!
  • Previous expeditions and settlements have come before you, and all appear to have met their end. Find out why.
  • Work quickly. The undeath phenomena increases with each day, and faster when living things tread nearby.
  • You may encounter powerful and dangerous beings here. Be ready to fight. We don't yet know what we're up against.
  • Do not whip the slimes! Just don't.

Mods included:

Progress Media:

Special thanks to Nodecraft for providing hosting for beta testing. If you're looking for hosting, use this promo link to get a discount:

Last edited:
This modpack looks really promising! But will it have mods like dwarf miners, ambushes or settlements in future? I really liked conceots of them.

This modpack looks really promising! But will it have mods like dwarf miners, ambushes or settlements in future? I really liked conceots of them.
No, that was the previous plan. I'd have to make that as a separate concept.

No, that was the previous plan. I'd have to make that as a separate concept.
I only asked that because I am really interested in those mods. If they won't be part of this modpack, but they aren't scapped ideas, it's fine for me.

I only asked that because I am really interested in those mods. If they won't be part of this modpack, but they aren't scapped ideas, it's fine for me.
I renamed the old thread to 'Grand Adventure Mode' to try to distinguish it, but I may end up calling it something completely different (along with a different premise). No telling when or if I'll get to those mods, though.

Adventure Mode
Now in private beta!

Welcome to my new game mode mod (pack). This mod transforms the game from a sandbox into a journey.

dH514Hz.png

Mods included:
  1. Adventure Mode (WIP)
  2. Mod Helpers
  3. Orbs (WIP)
  4. Bullwhip (WIP)
  5. Staff Of Gaia (WIP)
  6. Findable Mana Crystals (WIP)
  7. Prefab Kits (WIP)
  8. Mounted Magic Mirrors
  9. Powerful Magic
  10. Chest Implants
  11. Locked Abilities
  12. The Trickster (WIP)
  13. Nihilism

Interested in joining the beta? Post below to request a copy of the mod pack (currently uses tModLoader v0.11.6.2).

Links:
  • Want to chat? Finally have a mod-related Discord server:

• Like what you see? Consider supporting development:
Hey!
I am interested in taking part for the beta version of this modpack as it seem very fun and it looks like something that I was expecting for a while!

Hey!
I am interested in taking part for the beta version of this modpack as it seem very fun and it looks like something that I was expecting for a while!
Do you have a Discord account? I can send you an invite to the beta channel.

Going to need testers soon. Let me know if you're interested.

Also, I revised the thread's head post, but I still need a new logo, and to remake the trailer. Anyone good at making logos?

Back
Top Bottom