tModLoader Too Many Accessories - a really unbalanced mod

JPAN

Steampunker
Ever wanted to have every accessory and armor in the game equipped at once? With this mod, you can!

This mod adds a few accessories that allow using other item slots as accessory and armor slots.

Pre-hardmode:
VanityAccessoryEnabler.png

The Vanity Accessory Enabler allows you to use your vanity Accessory slots as normal accessories. Some mods already do this, so it's nothing new. But this one also allows for the armor in the armor slot to be counted towards your stats.
It is crafted with a Hive Pack, 20 Demonite/crimtane and 10 shadow scales/tissue samples.

HotbarAccessoryEnabler.png

The Hotbar Accessory Enabler allows you to use your hotbar slots as accessory slots. It will also apply armor effects (and defence). This is kinda new, and presents a challenge where you must choose between weapons/tools and accessories/armor pieces.
It is crafted with a Bone Glove 30 Demonite/crimtane and 20 shadow scales/tissue samples.

Hardmode:
Slot40AccessoryEnabler.png

The Lowest Row Accessory Enabler turns your lowest inventory row (the bottom one) into accessory slots. You can place any item there, but only armor and accessories will provide effects.
Made with 20 Adamantite/Titanium and 50 Souls of Light and Night. This is the easiest one to make, and the only one available to non-expert players (unless you have a mod that adds expert drops in normal mode...)

Slot30AccessoryEnabler.png
The Two Lowest Rows Acessory Enabler (creative name, ain't it?) increases the effect of the above enabler to the bottom 2 rows.
Crafted with the above Enabler and the Minecart from the mechanical bosses.

Slot20AccessoryEnabler.png

The Almost Full Inventory Acessory Enabler increases the effect of the above to the bottom 3 rows (only the top inventory row below the hotbar is available for disabling accessories)
Crafted with the above enabler and a Shiny Stone.

Post-Moonlord:
FullAccessoryEnabler.png

The Full Inventory Acessory Enabler makes the entire inventory work as an accessory/armor slot. Only the hotbar escapes this (except if you have the Hotbar Accessory Enabler equipped in any non-hotbar slot, then its every slot as accessories.
Crafted with the Almost Full Enabler, 20 Luminte Bar and 20 of each vanilla pillar fragment.

TotalAccessoryEnabler.png

The Total Inventory Acessory Enabler enables any player slot as an accessory/armor slot. It's the combination of the Full Enabler, Vanity Enabler and Hotbar Enabler at the Tinkerer's Workbench.

Still not Enough?

Then I have two extra accessories for you!

AccessoryShareEnabler.png

The Accessory Share Enabler allows players in the same team to share accessories with each other. So now your teammates can benefit from the accessories your have equipped.
It is a bit expensive, requiring 999 of both Souls of Light and Souls of Night and a Bone Key from the Dungeon Guardian!

ChestAccessoryEnabler.png

This last one is special. It is so overpowered, it is even disableable and is disabled by default (enable in the config). This is the Chest Accessory Enabler !
Just use it on a chest, piggy bank, safe or Defender Forge, and all its accessory contents will be useable by you at any time! And if you enable it in the configs, you can have up to 100 of them equiped.
It does have some limitations, however. They deactivate every time you log into a world or shut the world down, so you will need (after loging in) go to the chest you want to use, open it and then use the Chest Accessory enabler on it again. This was done on purpose because of possible crashes if you log into a different world that does not have that chest. And that fixed also disabled it for the bank inventories too.
So, how can you get your hands on this bad boy? Simply gather one Terra Blade, 20 Luminite Bars, 2 Suspicious Looking Tentacles and a Bone Key, and you too can own one.

As always, report any bug found here. I can't guarantee a quick response ( as work as come once again) but I'll try to keep an eye on this thread.

Attachments

• Slot30AccessoryEnabler.png
    Slot30AccessoryEnabler.png
    431 bytes · Views: 2,206
Last edited:
*Equips a bunch of minion accessories (Ones that summon their own minion or adds minion slots)*

*Summons a bunch of normal minions*

Now i have an whole army of projectiles!

You've made the ultimate accessory enabler, but also, did you checked compatibility with Hamstar's Inventory Mod?
It's compatible as far as you can use one whole inventory at a time. But there is no explicit compatibility with it, so only your current selected inventory will be used for calculation.

So, you could have several "loadouts" that you can switch between with a press of an arrow.

EDIT: Edited the opening post to reflect the revelation I had looking at the code (that Modifiers and Armor's stats from the added slots are also applied to the player).

Last edited:
AHOY, I recently downloaded this and I was using it, unfortunately when I used the chest enabler and equipped it, it didn't work, I have antisocial, but I don't know if they're compatible or not

AHOY, I recently downloaded this and I was using it, unfortunately when I used the chest enabler and equipped it, it didn't work, I have antisocial, but I don't know if they're compatible or not
If you have something that enables something, then something else that enables the same thing, they almost always aren't compatible.

Also, the chest enabler is disabled by default in the config, so you may have to address that.

About the Chest Accessory Enabler. Would it be possible to add a config option to keep the chest enabled only in that world and it turns off in the other worlds? Something like that.

If you have something that enables something, then something else that enables the same thing, they almost always aren't compatible.

Also, the chest enabler is disabled by default in the config, so you may have to address that.
ah, alright, thank you for telling me

I have another question, but this is for something different. I am attempting to make an unstoppable force of absolute destruction, and I wanted to know if this is compatible with Magic storage, and would I be able to use the chest accessory enabler on the storage device? I want to make sure I don't break anything before I end up doing it. thank you

I have another question, but this is for something different. I am attempting to make an unstoppable force of absolute destruction, and I wanted to know if this is compatible with Magic storage, and would I be able to use the chest accessory enabler on the storage device? I want to make sure I don't break anything before I end up doing it. thank you
I think this mod just completely ignores magic storage as magic storage doesn't actually use the chest engine and uses it's own.

FIrst of all this mod looks great.

Just a few notes, intended or not, for everyone trying out the mod, it might be a good idea to add them in the main post.

1. As the in-game tooltips show, the armor set bonuses don't apply on the vanity nor inventory slots.
2. The Vanity Enabler allows the Inventory enablers to work while on the Vanity slots, however, the Inventory Enabler doesn't allow the Vanity Enabler to work if the later is in the inventory.
3. JPAN's bags of holding don't work on vanity nor inventory (had to try)
4. Accessories don't stack across the vanilla, vanity and inventory slots. Same applies for armor (equipping 3 identical helmets in normal, vanity and inventory will only give armor once. Again this should be obvious but I had to test.
5. Accessories that alter your appearance only do so in the normal or vanity slots (the effects stay the same)
6. Having wings in an inventory slot blocks the vanity and normal slots properly. (expected, too)
7. Accessories are prioritized from right to left. If you have two wings in your inventory slots, the rightmost will be the one used. (tested this on the lowest row)
8. The miner helmet light only works on the normal slot, though other effects such as lava immunity and swimming boost work properly in other single armor pieces. Accessories that give light work fine.

Last edited:
This mod is awesome! It's exactly what I've been looking for for a long time now! :D
It works great, and I'm having a ton of fun with it. Though I ask, is there any chance/way we could get armor set bonuses to work with this? that would be great! thanks! :D

Back
Top Bottom