tModLoader Terraria Randomizer Mod

A new version of randomizer that focuses on a proper experience over chaos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
icon.png

Terraria Randomizer Mod

Hello all, welcome to my thread for the Randomizer mod for Terraria, this mod is pretty much what you'd imagine out of a Randomizer mod like in other games. It allows you to randomize many parts of Terraria to create some chaos or have fun.

Current Randomizable Features:

NPC AI Randomization - Lets you randomize the AI of all enemies and creatures spawned, meaning you can have a bunny with bat AI or a demon eye with skeletron ai.

Item & NPC Name Randomization - Randomizes the names of all items and NPCs, creating some pretty wacky names.
unknown.png

Item Stats Randomization - Randomizes the damage, knockback, use speed and projectile firing of all weapons, it tends to roll lower values than higher ones, so don't worry about balance.

Item Sprites Randomization - Randomizes the sprites of all items to make one item have the sprite of a different item, so you can have a muramasa with the sprite of a mushroom.

Item & NPC Sound Randomization - Randomizes the use sounds of items, and the hit and death sounds of NPCs.

Projectile AI Randomization - Randomizes the AI of all projectiles, creating some really odd projectiles.

1) Added the ability to make only bosses drop a random item, chest randomization, the ability to override immortality on enemies, as well as some meme settings for AI.
2) Changed usetime randomization to also have a better chance to roll lower values.
3) Split off randomized projectiles from item stats randomization into it's own config.
4) Fixed a crash with item sprites randomization and the mod browser.
5) Made the eternia portal and crystal part of the "important npc's" config option for AI randomization.
6) Made most of the config options not force a reload.
1) Fixed an issue preventing people from loading the mod after updating.
1) Added randomization of npc shops, worldgen and npc loot.
2) Added more options to npc ai randomization.
3) Split name randomization into items and npcs.
1) Made the mod multiplayer compatible, whoops.
1) Made it so the item stat randomization doesn't apply to tools.
1) Fix to make mod icon work.

Want to join the discord for the mod? Click here.

Want to check out the code for the mod or implement new features yourself? Check out the github here: NuovaPrime/RandomizerMod

Credit to fargowilta, the Thorium Mod discord and the tModloader discord for some ideas.
Credit to Amber for helping a bit with the stats randomization.
Credit to catsounds for the mod icon.

Last edited:
First person to beat a full randomizer mod run to moonlord with calamity on gets $30. It must all be recorded and the mods used must be randomizer, calamity, recipe browser, boss checklist and magic storage. You must have all randomizer functions on as well.

Last edited:
Dying to see some videos on this one from Chippy or anyone willing to upload some... will be trying myself after some PC upgrades.

I could see this being a worthwhile mod for legit playthroughs if some in-game config options are incorporated. Sliders that control the frequency of various aspects of the mod, like controlling how often a randomized enemy appears, which aspects of enemies get randomized, allowing for as low as 0.1% (1 out of 1000) enemies to appear with randomness etc. This way it would just add a more occasional element of surprise and/or lolz rather than complete chaos -- ala the legendary Prefixes for Enemies mod. Of course, this may be far beyond the scope of what you intended @NuovaPrime.

Either way, it appears from LtOcelot's screenshot that this will provide much entertainment for many of us looking for something new. Nicely done! :D

Hey there!
Awesome idea for a mod and really good execution. I've got a suggestion tho. And a bug report: I can't use any tools to mine/cut down trees.

So about the suggestion: If a weapon shoots a random projectile, it shouldn't *always* one shot you.
After things get smoothed out I'll definitely play with this a lot. Streaming it on discord to my friends is a lot of fun :D

Hey there!
Awesome idea for a mod and really good execution. I've got a suggestion tho. And a bug report: I can't use any tools to mine/cut down trees.

So about the suggestion: If a weapon shoots a random projectile, it shouldn't *always* one shot you.
After things get smoothed out I'll definitely play with this a lot. Streaming it on discord to my friends is a lot of fun :D
Yeah I'll make the item stats changes not affect tools in the next patch, that was an oversight. The one-shotting thing is because your weapon can spawn hostile projectiles, couple that with the high damage of a weapon and it'll usually instakill you.

Dying to see some videos on this one from Chippy or anyone willing to upload some... will be trying myself after some PC upgrades.

I could see this being a worthwhile mod for legit playthroughs if some in-game config options are incorporated. Sliders that control the frequency of various aspects of the mod, like controlling how often a randomized enemy appears, which aspects of enemies get randomized, allowing for as low as 0.1% (1 out of 1000) enemies to appear with randomness etc. This way it would just add a more occasional element of surprise and/or lolz rather than complete chaos -- ala the legendary Prefixes for Enemies mod. Of course, this may be far beyond the scope of what you intended @NuovaPrime.

Either way, it appears from LtOcelot's screenshot that this will provide much entertainment for many of us looking for something new. Nicely done! :D
I'll definitely add some more config options yeah, I do want it to be something fully playable if possible.

Haven't gotten around to trying it yet, but it looks amazing. Glad to see that the randomizer we've been lacking for so long was made by two competent people.

Already a fan of this, but if you can somehow find a way to have item drops randomized (at the very least stuff like chest loot or mob drops) then this will be perfect.

I've wanted something like this for a while, thank you so much. I'm going to have to try this out at some point now

Idea: Allow us to set what blocks we want to have randomized (textures) and an option to randomize all block textures. ;)

Idea: Allow us to set what blocks we want to have randomized (textures) and an option to randomize all block textures. ;)
I actually tried doing this and managed to brick my world, I might reattempt it in the future but rn I'm not sure.

Already a fan of this, but if you can somehow find a way to have item drops randomized (at the very least stuff like chest loot or mob drops) then this will be perfect.
Chest loot is something I have planned, but mob drops I sadly can't change due to them being hardcoded into the AI of vanilla enemies.

I actually tried doing this and managed to brick my world, I might reattempt it in the future but rn I'm not sure.

Chest loot is something I have planned, but mob drops I sadly can't change due to them being hardcoded into the AI of vanilla enemies.
I know you tried. I was there talking to you when it happened.

This mod is definitely going into my next playthrough. Especially name and stat randomization alone are a big deal for refreshing the game and its progression.

I'm a bit too scared to change the ai and sprites - that goes too far for me, but projectiles and sounds might really cool to try.

Thank you for making it and I'm really excited for chest loot (and if possible, npc drop loot) to be added in the next update. : D

^ Thought I'd search Youtube and found what seems to be the first video featuring this insane mod... and it's exactly what I was hoping for.

With some config options to tweak/limit certain aspects, playing with this mod should be a blast! ~:D

Would it be possible to randomize only player's projectile AI?

(So that the enemies attacks would remain the same, but my own weapons/attacks as the player would be surprising.)

Back
Top Bottom