tModLoader Various Weathers

The Hoppin' Jacks that spawn during Autumn Winds are Hardmode enemies that get faster the more they're hurt. They're pretty rough to deal with in Pre-Hardmode.

I also feel like perhaps a house check would help with wind. Some folks, myself included, seem to think you should be unaffected by the wind debuff if you're inside housing. If you're having issues determining "walls to the left/right" resistance, an "are you inside valid housing" check might be a simpler fix.

Would it be possible to add a config/json file to be able to change the strength of the winds that are starting to get really annoying?
Absolutely phenomenal mod by the way, makes the game way better in my opinion (especially the Aurora event)

I actually made an account just for this so you know I'm not fibbin you :merchantgrin:

This ^

Is there a way to disable it or make it rarer? the moving... it appears to be in every windy weather... if theres wind, my char moves... it's really really bad when building

Last edited:
Another of Yuyutsu's mods, "Critter Craze", adds a craftable accessory called the Dune Charm that makes one immune to the Mighty Wind debuff. It takes farming critters found in the Underground Desert. The mod is small and the device is useful for when you want to move around in such weather, or do some building. Otherwise, maybe just change your plans on windy days and go do something underground, where the wind can't affect you. Another option is to rely on a hook to hold you in place while you do your crafting, NPC shopping, building, fishing, etc.

The devs of this mod appear to be working on an update lately, though it may take a bit since it involved writing the whole thing from the ground up or something. But, part of the update will include config files so you can dictate what weathers do/don't occur (goodbye tranquil winds and heat waves!). The config will likely have other nifty features such as the mighty wind debuff being something you can toggle, but I wouldn't know personally since I'm not a dev. This is all info I've put together between this thread and the mod's discord server.

Is it possible for the electrical storm lighting effect to not hit you in houses? Its pretty annoying they can hit inside houses that have walls and a basic square structure. Not sure if this was already mentioned or not

Is it possible for the electrical storm lighting effect to not hit you in houses? Its pretty annoying they can hit inside houses that have walls and a basic square structure. Not sure if this was already mentioned or not
If you do not have the current version make sure you have an up to date version please, some older versions still do not have tile collision feature for lightning strikes.
If that isnt the case it does this happen in multiplayer or single player?

very cool mod 10/10
X5br9mN.gif

how about some boss-themed weathers?
feeding frenzy: the sharks smell blood in the water. flying sharks (flying fish but much bigger), dirt sharks (sand sharks but anywhere), cave sharks (dirt sharks but underground), sharkmen, walking sharks, sharkslimes and many more begin their assault, now that their master is gone. only happens after fishron is dead.
solar storm: the sun flares up, inflicting on fire when exposed and daybroken if in space. makes lihzahrd enemies spawn anywhere. happens only after the golem is dead.
overgrowth: the jungle overflows with plantlife. massively increased spawn rate and several new plant-based enemies spawn in the jungle. happens only after plantera is dead.
oil rain: inflicts you with a debuff that makes you slip on any block like it was ice. new mechanical enemies spawn above ground. happens after all mechanical bosses are dead.
eternia instability: the boundary between our world and theirs flickers and thins. makes old ones army enemies spawn outside of the event, corresponding to which tier you already defeated. it cannot grant medals, but spawned bosses can drop their items.
do you know about permanent sand storm is that to do with boss and I wold like more boss themed weathers

It seems even now the bug with wind having weird effects hasn't been fixed. Wind will still stop effecting you if even just your feet are close to a block horizontally, and wind WILL still affect you even if you're behind walls, as long as you're not close to a block horizontally.

Hey there! Lovely mod you got here, I've been enjoying it for a long time. I want to ask: what are the names of the custom songs in this? I'd really like if I could find the theme for the Tranquil Winds online or something.
If nothing else, it'd be nice if they were listed in the credits spoiler. Thanks in advance!

Hey there! Lovely mod you got here, I've been enjoying it for a long time. I want to ask: what are the names of the custom songs in this? I'd really like if I could find the theme for the Tranquil Winds online or something.
If nothing else, it'd be nice if they were listed in the credits spoiler. Thanks in advance!

Remember when looking for music, Youtube is your friend. :p

There should be an event post-moonlord where the moon changes color that match one of the pillars, and the corresponding enemies will spawn during that moon color thingie

Back
Top Bottom