Biomes & Nature Biome Suggestion - Deep Ocean!

The stats on everything are all over the place, to the point where I don't know what part of the game this is balanced around. Octo armor, the Splatter and Tentablade look like Pre-Plantera gear, just slightly overtuned. Yet Octo Armor looks obtainable Pre-Mech, which would just break that tier due to how powerful the set is. Meanwhile Goo Gun is just ridiculous as it has equal or more DPS than the Vortex Beater, but the Sprayer has stats worthy of a Pre-Hardmode weapon, and finally Cephalopod has the HP stat of Skeletron which would make everything perfectly obtainable in Pre-Hardmode, since by the looks of things there is nothing preventing you from going in this biome at that point.

You should put more thought into the numbers of things, it's very easy to accidentally make something terribly underpowered or overpowered.

Nautilus Charm - crafted from 10 Nautilus Shells. It makes underwater walking speed on par with normal walking speed.
Nautilus Diving Gear - combine the Nautilus Charm with the Jellyfish Diving Gear to get all their benefits.

This shouldn't be crafted from Enemy drops from the biome, as everyone looking to go into a Deep Ocean biome would obviously carry Flipper and Gills Potions with them, which invalidate any reason to use up a slot for this. There is not even a "you have to grind for Potions" argument here because you'd have to grind much harder to get 3/4 components of the Nautilus Diving Gear.

Last edited:
This shouldn't be crafted from Enemy drops from the biome, as everyone looking to go into a Deep Ocean biome would obviously carry Flipper and Gills Potions with them, which invalidate any reason to use up a slot for this. There is not even a "you have to grind for Potions" argument here because you'd have to grind much harder to get 3/4 components of the Nautilus Diving Gear.
Adding on to this, you should probably up the chance of obtaining a Nautilus Shell but a little bit; I'd say even 15% is fun.
For the Nautilus Charm, since you've made the Nautilus a defensive enemy, maybe you could also make it increase your defense by, like, 10 when submerged in water. Pair that with some sort of ability added on to the Jellyfish Necklace that utilizes its glow (kind of unrelated, but it really needs something extra), and the Nautilus Diving Gear would certainly be worth using.

Last edited:
MORE ACCESSORIES!

Nautilus Bracelet - crafted from 10 Nautilus Shells. Gives an extra 7 Defense.
Master Nautilus Gear - Nautilus Diving Gear + Nautilus Bracelet
Eraser - Immunity to Inked. Dropped from Cephalopod.

MORE ACCESSORIES!

Eraser - Immunity to Inked. Dropped from Cephalopod.
A suggestion to simply edit your original post instead of adding content in the middle of the thread.

Of course I like the idea of expanding the Ocean though ;)

Reactions: Bry
MORE ACCESSORIES!

...I still think you should just merge the Nautilus Charm and Bracelet; neither are really worth it on their own.
A suggestion to simply edit your original post instead of adding content in the middle of the thread.
Yeah, I was wondering when he was gonna do that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom