PC Hello

timid

Terrarian
I am timid.
I come from Taiwan.
Sorry, I am not good at speaking English.

I have played Terraria for about half year at least. I also played Spore for many years.
I hope I can use Terraria mods which I want and even edit my own Terraria mods.

Welcome, and don't be too timid! :merchantwink:
I am timid and don't know whether it is inappropriate to talk about naked nymphs or not.
Maybe because I am too curious.

I feel disappointed that a nymph (non-transformed style) cannot become a town NPC.
But I don't know why nymphs would become bloody and aggressive in the game, and I don't think Greek mythology nymphs are so.

People who base their own work (books/games/tv shows) on existing mythology, often change things to their own liking.
It's not too surprising. Mythology is fairy tales. All these epic creatures have never existed, so it's easy to give your own twist to them. Love to put some creature in your work but hate its behaviour? A simple change easily fixes that. Now you can have your main character party up with a friendly werewolf! How's that for extra DPS.

For Terraria's Nymph, I think her attacking you could be kind of logical, since you're probably going around chopping trees and blowing up big holes in the earth with explosives.
You can also pretty much say that she's corrupted. After all, what is a Nymph even doing underground?

It's nice that Terraria's lore is never properly explained (I deny the existence of the recently released crappy 'official lore'), so you can make your own lore. :)

Hello, Timid! Welcome to the forums?

Anyway, it is good to see another SPORE player!
I am timid and don't know whether it is inappropriate to talk about naked nymphs or not.
Maybe because I am too curious.

I feel disappointed that a nymph (non-transformed style) cannot become a town NPC.
But I don't know why nymphs would become bloody and aggressive in the game, and I don't think Greek mythology nymphs are so.
Yeah, Nymph NPC ain't sound bad at all. The reason I approach her in the first place is "oh, man. What a young girl doing down here? And she's naked too! Maybe she needs my help..."

We talk about them all the time here, you'll be fine :dryadwink:
Some people may be hostile in other forums, here I am not sure. In DeviantArt, there is someone saying "pervert" to the other one whom said "curse censor bar".

Maybe I am too curious about naked nymphs, and there are no any nudist camps in my country.
When I say I like to see, I hope that human girls DON'T FEEL being offended. As for nymphs' opinion, I don't know.

People who base their own work (books/games/tv shows) on existing mythology, often change things to their own liking.
It's not too surprising. Mythology is fairy tales. All these epic creatures have never existed, so it's easy to give your own twist to them. Love to put some creature in your work but hate its behaviour? A simple change easily fixes that. Now you can have your main character party up with a friendly werewolf! How's that for extra DPS.

For Terraria's Nymph, I think her attacking you could be kind of logical, since you're probably going around chopping trees and blowing up big holes in the earth with explosives.
You can also pretty much say that she's corrupted. After all, what is a Nymph even doing underground?

It's nice that Terraria's lore is never properly explained (I deny the existence of the recently released crappy 'official lore'), so you can make your own lore. :)
Epic creatures ... I almost think they are giant creatures which can kill a player by stomping and can damage city buildings (in Spore game).

If a nymph is corrupted, I don't know who corrupts her. I have no idea what nymphs are doing, when no one approaches her.
I also wonder why there can be many creatures underground, there is no sun light there, so no plants can live, and no creatures can get foods from underground.

I don't know that official has lore, but I have finished the game (defeat Moon Lord), I also don't know what about lore?
I wonder the relation of a dryad and nymphs, because a dryad is also a kind of a nymph, isn't she?

Hello, Timid! Welcome to the forums?

Anyway, it is good to see another SPORE player!

Yeah, Nymph NPC ain't sound bad at all. The reason I approach her in the first place is "oh, man. What a young girl doing down here? And she's naked too! Maybe she needs my help..."

I have played Spore several years. But I feel Spore is also a good game, especially in Space Stage, there are many different planets which can be explored, but unfortunately Spore is not like Terraria that has so good mods.

Relatively instead I feel strange about Terraria worlds. No matter creating how many worlds, every world certainly only has one sun, and certainly has one moon, and looks like the planet is worldly center (in a star system). I cannot accept the point.
I don't know if Terraria can be regarded as 2D Minecraft. I mean if wanting to play Minecraft, is it better to play Terraria first?

About nymphs, in the beginning I didn't understand who the Lost Girl is, and didn't know why she can be attacked by player using yoyo. I doubt she becomes hostile when I used yoyo to attack other enemies, but also hit her accidentally (before she moved).
I don't understand why Nymphs are Lost Girls. Does a lost girl mean that she gets lost in wild and cannot find ways back home, and also no one can find her?

She is naked, I guess Greek mythology nymphs are also naked, after all they are born naked.
I don't know why some people so mind nymphs are naked. I really don't mind nymphs are naked.
Not to mention, Truffle is also naked, isn't he? But Truffle is not regarded as a lost boy and he doesn't need whose help.

Last edited:
Some people may be hostile in other forums, here I am not sure. In DeviantArt, there is someone saying "pervert" to the other one whom said "curse censor bar".
Maybe I am too curious about naked nymphs, and there are no any nudist camps in my country.
When I say I like to see, I hope that human girls DON'T FEEL being offended. As for nymphs' opinion, I don't know.
Well, it depends on the people. Some people might not be bothered at all seeing that kind of thing. They will see it just like seeing nothing interesting, "meh, it's just a naked person." They will see it like if it is a wall. While some other will be "triggered" when seeing such thing. Even if it is just a girl in short skirt.

The point is, some people have a strong mind, that they will ignore such thing, and some people have a weak mind, that seeing such thing will instantly defeat their mind.
I have played Spore several years. But I feel Spore is also a good game, especially in Space Stage, there are many different planets which can be explored, but unfortunately Spore is not like Terraria that has so good mods.
Very true. Even the expansion pack is not interesting at all (for me at least). In space stage, I am still in the process of sieging the Grox. That little cyborg won't go down easily. I can't believe it, that their weakness is a habitable planet. How pitiful they are.

Epic creatures ... I almost think they are giant creatures which can kill a player by stomping and can damage city buildings (in Spore game).

If a nymph is corrupted, I don't know who corrupts her. I have no idea what nymphs are doing, when no one approaches her.
I also wonder why there can be many creatures underground, there is no sun light there, so no plants can live, and no creatures can get foods from underground.

I don't know that official has lore, but I have finished the game (defeat Moon Lord), I also don't know what about lore?
I wonder the relation of a dryad and nymphs, because a dryad is also a kind of a nymph, isn't she?

Relatively instead I feel strange about Terraria worlds. No matter creating how many worlds, every world certainly only has one sun, and certainly has one moon, and looks like the planet is worldly center (in a star system). I cannot accept the point.
I don't know if Terraria can be regarded as 2D Minecraft. I mean if wanting to play Minecraft, is it better to play Terraria first?

About nymphs, in the beginning I didn't understand who the Lost Girl is, and didn't know why she can be attacked by player using yoyo. I doubt she becomes hostile when I used yoyo to attack other enemies, but also hit her accidentally (before she moved).
I don't understand why Nymphs are Lost Girls. Does a lost girl mean that she gets lost in wild and cannot find ways back home, and also no one can find her?

She is naked, I guess Greek mythology nymphs are also naked, after all they are born naked.
I don't know why some people so mind nymphs are naked. I really don't mind nymphs are naked.
Not to mention, Truffle is also naked, isn't he? But Truffle is not regarded as a lost boy and he doesn't need whose help.
I don't know about all that. But you seems to like to think every bits of everything. Hmm... that's not bad at all. Just keep it that way in my opinion, maybe you will be a scientist someday.

As for my thought about Nymph, if it is true that she is cursed or corrupted, I really hope I can cure her (like what we did to the tax collector) and bring her home. More NPC won't hurt, especially if it's a young girl.

Back
Top Bottom