tModLoader Official tModLoader Help Thread

i deleted config.json, but it still crash?
it says this

Terraria: Error (tModLoader v0.11.6.2)

System.InvalidOperationException: Begin has been called before calling End after the last call to Begin. Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin (SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformationMatrix) [0x00008] in FNA.dll
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin () [0x0001c] in FNA.dll
at Terraria.Main.RenderBlack () [0x00040] in tModLoader.exe
at Terraria.Main.RenderTiles () [0x00008] in tModLoader.exe
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw (GameTime gameTime) [0x00b70] in tModLoader.exe
at Terraria.Main.Draw (GameTime gameTime) [0x0001c] in tModLoader.exe

Maybe is because i changed the native sprites before the texture pack update, so im going to put these in its normal state and see if its fixed
EDIT- nah i changed the native sprites to they normal form and is still crashing.

Last edited:
i just got the error when i play with mods, i played with all my mods disabled and it worked normally

Hey, so I've been having an issue with the game lately, where there are no tooltips on any buffs, vanilla or modded. I am running Tmod on 0.11.6.1 because I'm also running 64bit 0.11.6.1 and I'm waiting for an update on the latter. I recently realised I was running on Tmod 11.5 when I tried to install 64 11.6 and so when buffs expired, the game would freeze for 15 seconds or so, and would eventually crash after a half hour of gameplay, but I fixed that, and now it all works fine, except for missing tooltips for buffs. Any ideas? If removing tooltips is a config feature of any common mods let me know because I've probably not noticed but can't find one, either.

Screenshot (1).png

so i get this message after trying to play with mods, i cant figure out how to fix it

Also, I've noticed an.... oddity, shall we say. If I boot the Tmodloader program and let it boot up/load mods etc in the background, once it goes to the main menu and I'm doing something on say, my internet browser or another Steam game, if I click on something that is lined up with where the game window is behind it, Terraria will register the click as if it was the dominant program window. This will only occur until I actually change windows to the game, then it will stop.

Just thinking as I was typing this, it started happening once I installed the ModHelpers mod as it was required for another mod.

Pls can someone help? I need to do projectile that i can spawn under cursor at any place for a few seconds and it will deal damage on contact
I tried to summon projectile under cursor but nothing works!(

Hello. I downloaded Steam Terraria, installed tmodloader 0.11.6.2 and this error crashes on startup. who knows how to solve?
всем привет. скачал в стиме террарию, установил tmodloader 0.11.6.2 и при запуске вылетает эта ошибка. кто знает как решить?

Screenshot_1.png

Hello. I downloaded Steam Terraria, installed tmodloader 0.11.6.2 and this error crashes on startup. who knows how to solve?
всем привет. скачал в стиме террарию, установил tmodloader 0.11.6.2 и при запуске вылетает эта ошибка. кто знает как решить?

View attachment 233924
You can try delete all mods if you have any, and close all other programs before starting terraria

View attachment 233924
I launch Terraria through Terraria Tweaker 2. Previously it started normally until it reinstalled Windows

It seems to be a bug in tModLoader.

When a player is on the unicorn mount and is wearing wings he still takes fall damage. While he doesn't in vanilla Terraria 1.3.5.3.
Tested on tModLoader 0.11.6.2 with all mods disabled.

I've been trying to make an explosive using this video, but there seems to be something not working and I dont know how to fix it. Please help.

Attachments

• TerrariaError.png
    TerrariaError.png
    287.4 KB · Views: 206
  • Error.png
    Error.png
    114.2 KB · Views: 196
I've recently tried to create my first custom projectiles. After reading these forums, I managed to code them so that they work in-game. However, the textures don't look right.
This
Code:
using System;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;

using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace BiomeProjectiles.Projectiles
{
    public class BiomeArrow : ModProjectile
    {
        public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            projectile.width = 14;
            projectile.height = 32;
            projectile.timeLeft = 600;
            projectile.penetrate = 1;
            projectile.friendly = true;
            projectile.hostile = false;
            projectile.tileCollide = true;
            projectile.ignoreWater = true;
            projectile.ranged = true;
            projectile.aiStyle = 0;
            aiType = ProjectileID.WoodenArrowFriendly;
        }
    }
}
fires a 14x32 px, downward-facing arrow, no matter in which direction the bow/repeater is held. The projectile does fly towards the cursor, but it's not automatically rotated in the right direction like the vanilla arrows are.

And this
Code:
using System;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;

using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace BiomeProjectiles.Projectiles
{
    public class BiomeBullet : ModProjectile
    {
        public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            projectile.width = 20;
            projectile.height = 2;
            projectile.timeLeft = 600;
            projectile.penetrate = 1;
            projectile.friendly = true;
            projectile.hostile = false;
            projectile.tileCollide = true;
            projectile.ignoreWater = true;
            projectile.ranged = true;
            projectile.aiStyle = 0;
            aiType = ProjectileID.Bullet;
        }
    }
}
fires a 20x2 px horizontal box (like vanilla Musket Balls) that is also not rotated towards the cursor.

Any hints on how to fix this?

EDIT: Figured it out on my own. I just had to change the aiStyle of both projectiles to 1 and rotate the texture pictures manually by 180 degrees (arrow)/90 degrees (bullet). I'm leaving this post here as a hint to anyone who has the same problem.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I played Terraria, I kept waiting for the upcoming update. Decided today that it's been too long since I played Terraria and booted the game up. It started normally and told me that Tmodloader had updated to 11.6. I installed the update and restarted but now when I try to start the game I get an error that says No suitable graphics card found. Could not find a Direct3d device that supports the XNA Framework Reach Profile. Going to try a rollback but it seems odd that TModLoader would suddenly require a better graphics card than the base game. One of the good things about Terraria is that you can play it on a potato.

Edit: I should not have had lower than Tmodloader 11.2.2 so something is clearly screwy here. I'm going to try a clean reinstall of Terraria to see what's up.

edit 2: Clean install of core game works fine. Trying to mod again.

Edit 3: Tmodloader 10.1.5 is the last version that does not cause an error message.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom