*COUGH* Is-Is this thing on?

Bry

Steampunker
Alright, guess so.

Hey, uh, I don't know if I ever even did an introduction before, but here I am making an AMA now.
Not gonna lie, I'm not entirely sure how to man one of these threads, but I'll be figuring that out as we go along, I suppose. I'll also format this better once I get a couple of things done for this.

A few rules:

1) Please don't post more than 3 questions per post; I'm going to have a stroke if I have too many questions at once.
2) You gotta wait a few hours before asking more questions; if 3 other people have posted questions after yours, though, feel free to go again.
3) Don't be weird; I'm not three, and most people on here probably aren't, either, so nobody's going to laugh. Keep common sense in mind, too.

A bit about me before we start:
I'm an artist, and I work on pixel art, pencil art, digital drawing and, on and off, music! Three of those things can be found in my Signature, while the music thing is still very much a work-in-progress. Everyone just knows me for the pixel art, though. Fair.
I'm a video game nerd, and I will veeery much use all the jargon available in a game if you're even vaguely familiar with any of the concepts. I will try to explain things, though, but, uh... I'm also not the best at communicating my thoughts, which I guess completes the "art kid" stereotype.
I actually really love going outside. I just... almost never will do so unless I have a friend with me. Still working up the confidence to go at it alone; I'm gettin' there.
I also like listening to music a lot, but I'm not really fond of any one genre in particular; I judge each song I hear individually.

I'll keep each question I answer in this spoiler, here, with the newest ones being at the top! I might also categorize them if I actually get more than, like, 3 people asking me stuff and I actually have a lot of answers to keep sorted. Check here just in case I've answered your question already!
Lihzahrd Scout said:
How is Bry-ccentric pronounced?
Bry(an) + (E)ccentric. I know the name works better for guys named Bryce, but I really liked the name, so shoosh.

What do you do for fun?
Working on suggestions. But more so than that, I work on my "big mama" story, As Long as we Last.
You see the girl in my profile picture, Escence Nirom? Yeah, she's part of that, as are several other characters that you can find in my Art Space (which I haven't actually updated fully; it's a surprising amount of work, and I'm lazy). I can try to summarize the main plot, but I don't do that often, so it's going to take me a long :red:ing time. If you really want me to try, you can use a question for it, but don't expect me to answer it right away.
Face Monster said:
How many suggestions have you made so far and which is your best?
Counting the smol-gestions, that'd be 23 as of me saying this. And, oh god, you're gonna make me choose between my babies?
Well, I guess it would be Repurposing Old Console Content, if I had to pick one, though Elemental Equipment is an extremely close second.

Storm Diver_102 said:
Have you ever added any of your sprites to the game, via texture pack? (I know you don't mod, unless you do :dryadwink: )
No I have not, though I'm working with one guy to add in several ideas in as a mod.
He seems to never be on much, though, so I may revoke my permission if I don't see any progress with his mod soon. (And also a slight bit since he wanted to change the new gems in my Elemental Equipment suggestion to the Thorium ones; can you believe that?!)

Storm Diver_102 said:
Now for a mean question, which of your ideas do you like the least (Sorry)
Oh, well, that's an easy one: my very first suggestion.
I'm not gonna tell you which one that is, and it's not directly linked in my signature.

Derpling Ω said:
Which suggestion would you be happiest about if it got added? (If you've already answered something like that, and my brain just edited it out while I was reading, maybe just which suggestion from another person?)
Nah, you're in the clear. Honestly, I would :red:ing flip if Repurposing Old Console Content was implemented.

Enchanted Sword said:
Have you ever thought about making your suggestion poses a mod like combining all the content adding mods (ex power equipment and U.S.P. but ALL those mods) and make like unimaginative mode another mod. you don't even have to make them i sure there are a ton of good moders out there that would love to do this also (I'm forgetting the names) but the modders for calamity, split, fargos, thorium, dragon ball mods... all in all I'd love to see your ideas get into the game along with others ideas (like omega derplings cultist rework)
i hope this happens, love your stuff<3
Dude, I'd be SO down to get this stuff in a mod, but I want to wait until Journey's End for that, so I can tackle the new content as well (and to see if Relogic fixes anything I have gripes about).
I'm literally working with someone right now, but, uh, he's M.I.A. a lot, so I may need to find somebody else. I don't think I trust folks that worked on Calamity, though.
Thank you so much, man! Your kind words are immensely appreciated!
Storm Diver_102 (in reference to my profile picture at the time) said:
1579479696855.png

Is that your OC in your profile?
Yes, her name is Escence Nirom, the Passion Burning.

Storm Diver_102 said:
I love the facial expressions you make in some posts, I did the exact same thing on another forums once, how many have you made?
I don't remember how many times I've used the images in posts, but I have 14 different Escence emotes for personal use as of right now.
Sir. Fluff (This one was asked on my profile right before I made this thread) said:
I tried looking for an AMA but I couldn't find one, so I don't think you have one, and therefore I'll just ask here. Where/how did you learn to sprite? I myself would like to start attempting something like it, and I would like some tips about it or any useful guidance for it.
Well, I'm largely self-taught, save for the very useful feedback I've received on my suggestions over the years. One thing I tend to do a lot that can be helpful is to use sprites that look similar to what you want as reference.
A good example of this idea, despite being outdated (though, really, with my work ethic on these things, what isn't?), is my "The Lively World of Rain" suggestion, which attempts to add a plethora of additional fish and Nimbi to the Rain event. As you'll see there, a lot of the sprites look similar to the Goldfish and Angry Nimbus sprites while looking unique enough in its own right. I don't know what your skill level with spriting is right now, but if you're really not sure of what to do, I'd advise drawing directly off of a pre-existing sprite and going from there.
When it comes to colors, it obviously depends on what you're making, but try to pick a certain few and stick with them. Having too many colors when the sprite doesn't really call for it can make the sprite a bit of an eyesore, not to mention less cohesive. Note how the Corruption in Terraria tends to stick to a purple, green, and brownish color scheme, while the Crimson goes with its namesake, as well as pinks and browns, and the occasional blacks.
You also want to know where the light is coming from in your art. If the light is above the sprite, you want to have lighter values on top and shaded values lower. I'm pretty sure all sprites that are shaded in Terraria have the light source in front of them, though.

Lihzahrd Scout said:
What art tool (e.g. Brush, pencil, watercolour) do you prefer to use?
Pencil, easily. I love love love LOVE shading with it, and drawing with a pencil just feels really nice.
If the world was declared to end tomorrow, what will you do?
Uh I probably wouldn't believe it. If we had proof, though, I'd probably spend the time we supposedly had left with my girlfriend, even if I were a bit skeptical about the world's end.
Lihzahrd Scout said:
Do you watch Doctor Who?
Who? Just kidding; no, I don't. I don't have too much knowledge on it, either, save for E X T E R M I N A T E.

Lihzahrd Scout said:
What is your favourite book?
I don't have a favorite book, per se; my favorite book SERIES is tied between Alex Rider and Pendragon.
Derpling Ω said:
What is your opinion on broccoli?
My whiny child :red: has never tried broccoli thanks to that smell, so I couldn't say. It looks like a tree, though, so it gets points for that.
That smell is a solid 3 outta 10.
Storm Diver_102 said:
Which update was the most important to you.
Probably 1.3. I only got the game at around 1.2, so...

Storm Diver_102 said:
Which ore makes the best looking items?
Titanium makes Frost Armor.
Say what you want about it, but the Frost Armor looks freakin' sick.

Storm Diver_102 said:
Which of the 4 pillars is the best?
Solar, despite it making me want to punch somebody out, because I like the color scheme and also I am the Melee man. Stardust is a close second.

Storm Diver_102 said:
If you could remove one enemy from the game which would it be and why?
You have asked this question to a guy who tries to salvage anything and everything he can.
...The Crawdad. It does literally nothing in any aspect; its ability to traverse water unhindered is irrelevant due to its slothlike speed.

Face Monster said:
What is your favorite weapon in terraria?
Definitely the Amarok. I'm fully aware of how useless Frostburn is, but that doesn't make seeing the light from enemies inflicted with it any less pleasing.

TerrarianAlastor said:
What did you do when fighting the Moon Lord on Expert mode for the first time? what was your weapons? what was your arena?
Uh, I died horribly. I had the Solar Eruption as well as a Sniper Rifle with Chlorophyte Bullets in case my aim started going to :red:, and I loaded up on potions. As far as I'm concerned, that thing is far too much of an unbalanced :red:show for an arena to work.

Storm Diver_102 said:
What's the worst death you've ever had in Terraria?
Something something Boulder, something something Juked into triggering Explosives.
I don't remember very well.

Sir. Fluff said:
What is your favorite song in the calamity mod?
Oh, I have not touched Calamity past the first 2 minutes of playing. I vaguely remember hearing a song by... DM DORUKO(? I probably spelled that wrong), but it was so disgustingly non-Terraria that I didn't even bother remembering it. Let it be known now that I despise Calamity to the fullest extent.

J Bame said:
What is your favourite (or least favourite) part of Terraria?
I really like the sense of exploration I get when I start a new game and go mining. I miss the feeling I had when I first bought this game of not knowing what to expect; I really wish the basic structure of the world was more loose and random, as in, having biomes and structures appear in more random locations in the world. A few examples I have would be:

1. A Snow biome near an Ocean that's a bit closer to the center of the world.
2. Having the Underworld's Ruined House clusters appear at different parts of the Underworld with every world.
3. The Dungeon and Jungle possibly appearing closer to the center of the world, or even across a closer Ocean.
4. The Crimson and Corruption spawning exclusively underground upon world generation, with a deteriorated tunnel leading to them via a surface opening.

J Bame said:
If you could change one thing about the game, what would you do and why is it removing Obsidian Water Walking Boots?
I suppose that tangent could answer your final question, but I think I'm gonna go a bit broader (and a bit ballsier) and say that I wish I could inject a bit more... creativity, into the mix??? This probably doesn't really answer your question (and if so, just take the world structure thing, I guess), but Terraria's enemies and accessories, in particular, suffer from being largely boring and simplistic in function.
You've already seen my take on Accessories with Accessory Rejuvenation, and I've tackled the issue on multiple other suggestions as well, but something I'm working on right now is adding Expert Mode and Master Mode behaviors to most, if not EVERY, enemy in the game. I can share the Doc with you, if you'd like, as long as you promise to not divulge its contents to anyone else.
I'm aware that all that would take a colossal amount of work to code, but, as per usual? I say that's what it takes to make a quality product.
The Obsidian Boots are a different story; they just feel like an unnecessary extra step.

Storm Diver_102 said:
If you could buff one armour set what would it be?
frost armor

Storm Diver_102 said:
How many accessory slots would you have if you could pick any number?
5 for Normal Mode, 6 for Expert Mode, and 6 for Master Mode. Having balance is what makes accessory combos fun.
Master Mode doesn't have 7 cuz I think it'd be cool to have the 6th slot boost its accessory somehow.

Storm Diver_102 said:
What's the earliest gear you've defeat the Eye of Cthulhu with?
Enchanted Boomerang and a Flare Gun for long-range damage. No armor, only Lesser Healing Potions.

Storm Diver_102 said:
What boss do you find too easy?
I mean, really, King Slime. Having a couple of spiked blobs as backup doesn't really do much if you know what you're doing, and being able to "teleport" doesn't help it as much as you'd think.

Storm Diver_102 said:
If you were to rework underground traps what would you change?
Maybe make it so that Hardmode enemies spawned via statues have half stats when spawned during PreHardmode. But other than that, I'd want to add more, actually.

Storm Diver_102 said:
If there was a Terraria and a BTD6 crossover on a scale of 10-25 how exicted would you be?
hm yes
exictement
Definitely a 20. That would actually be really sick, though I have no idea how Relogic would pull off Bloon attacks in Terraria, especially when considering the track-based nature of Bloons Tower Defense (well, I DO have an idea, but I'm not really willing to go into depth right now).
Lihzahrd Scout said:
What is your favourite enemy from the Super Mario Bros. franchise?
Oooh, :red:, that's a hard one. I almost wanna say the Handfake from Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, since that's what inspired me to make the Muckery. Probably the Ice Bro, just 'cuz I really like ice stuff in video games.

Lihzahrd Scout said:
Do you play Pokémon? If so, which is your favourite?
I don't, but I have swiss cheese knowledge of the games and their respective Pokemon. My favorite Pokemon, right now, is Vanillite.l, because it's :red:ing adorable and it's ice and it's vanilla and I love it.

FoxesLikeBoxes said:
What is your most favourite boss in ANY game?
Dreamy Bowser from Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. Seeing Bowser finally doing things right and gaining ultimate power made me feel so happy for him; it was so awesome! What made things even better (and I noticed this thanks to a YouTube comment) is that Dreamy Bowser could have summoned literally anything to destroy the Bros. with, but he opted to summon his army of minions, who have failed to defeat the Bros. time and time again, in dream form to defeat them, which gives such a heartwarming implication between the relationship between Bowser and his army.
In terms of actual gameplay and not me being all mushy over big bad turtle guy being cool, the fight was also incredibly fun, and two of Bowser's attacks in particular have the Bros. attempting to save each other from damage, which, AAAAAAA my heart. The fight was actually pretty challenging, too, which I am still extremely grateful for.
Derpling. said:
Do you play MTG or D&D?
I still really WANT to play D&D, but I have not been able to play either of them.

Lihzahrd Scout said:
Are you interested in card games?
Well, not stuff like Pokemon, but I do enjoy some games that use playing cards.
Uno (Flip)'s fun, too, though Dos is a waste of tree.

Storm Diver_102 said:
How do you feel about the companion cubes?
Protip: bring one with you into the dark if you're doing a 1-HP Hardcore run.
Lihzahrd Scout said:
Do you know the muffin man, the muffin man, the muffin man...
Hm yes, muffin

Storm Diver_102 said:
Do you submit to the superiority of the Vortex pillar?
unallowed

Storm Diver_102 said:
Do you hate Derplings?
Oh, this poor joke. Not as much as Herplings.

King Victor said:
What's you address, and when are you going on vacation next?
Haha, you fool, I don't HAVE an address. Or money, actually; going on a vacation would be amazing but also I'll never be that rich.

Sir. Fluff said:
On a scale of 1-10 what is your favorite color of the alphabet?

You know someone had to ask it.
...Maroon.
What's your thought about coronavirus?
I didn't realize coronavirus was such a huge laughing matter; I'm hearing a lot of people joke about it, but hell if I know why.
J Bame said:
Tell me a fun fact. Not about anything in particular, just a fun fact you know about.
The smell of rain hitting the earth is called "petrichor". You probably already knew that, but it's a really nice name for a really nice smell and I really appreciate that both it and the smell exist.

King Victor said:
Do you like parkour?
With video games, it depends entirely on which game it is. In reality, :red: yeah, parkour's AWESOME!
Now, ask away!

Last edited:
Do you watch Doctor Who?

Oof, well I'm glad I had this happen right away. I'll answer all 6 now, but I think I'm gonna limit the number of questions per post to 3 so I don't get overwhelmed.
Do you watch Doctor Who?

Who? Just kidding; no, I don't. I don't have too much knowledge on it, either, save for E X T E R M I N A T E.

Oooh, :red:, that's a hard one. I almost wanna say the Handfake from Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, since that's what inspired me to make the Muckery. Probably the Ice Bro, just 'cuz I really like ice stuff in video games.

Pencil, easily. I love love love LOVE shading with it, and drawing with a pencil just feels really nice.

I don't, but I have swiss cheese knowledge of the games and their respective Pokemon. My favorite Pokemon, right now, is Vanillite, because it's :red:ing adorable and it's ice and it's vanilla and I love it.

Hm yes, muffin

I don't have a favorite book, per se; my favorite book SERIES is tied between Alex Rider and Pendragon.

Last edited:

I love the facial expressions you make in some posts, I did the exact same thing on another forums once, how many have you made?

Do you hate Derplings?

Do you hate Derplings?
unallowed

Yes, her name is Escence Nirom, the Passion Burning.

I don't remember how many times I've used the images in posts, but I have 14 different Escence emotes for personal use as of right now.

Probably 1.3. I only got the game at around 1.2, so...

Oh, this poor joke. Not as much as Herplings.

One more?

How is Bry-ccentric pronounced?
Bry(an) + (E)ccentric. I know the name works better for guys named Bryce, but I really liked the name, so shoosh.

If the world was declared to end tomorrow, what will you do?
Uh I probably wouldn't believe it. If we had proof, though, I'd probably spend the time we supposedly had left with my girlfriend, even if I were a bit skeptical about the world's end.

Titanium makes Frost Armor.
Say what you want about it, but the Frost Armor looks freakin' sick.

Solar, despite it making me want to punch somebody out, because I like the color scheme and also I am the Melee man. Stardust is a close second.

You have asked this question to a guy who tries to salvage anything and everything he can.
...The Crawdad. It does literally nothing in any aspect; its ability to traverse water unhindered is irrelevant due to its slothlike speed.

Reactions: Bry

Definitely the Amarok. I'm fully aware of how useless Frostburn is, but that doesn't make seeing the light from enemies inflicted with it any less pleasing.

Counting the smol-gestions, that'd be 23 as of me saying this. And, oh god, you're gonna make me choose between my babies?
Well, I guess it would be Repurposing Old Console Content, if I had to pick one, though Elemental Equipment is an extremely close second.

Have you ever added any of your sprites to the game, via texture pack? (I know you don't mod, unless you do :dryadwink: )

What did you do when fighting the Moon Lord on Expert mode for the first time? what was your weapons? what was your arena?
Uh, I died horribly. I had the Solar Eruption as well as a Sniper Rifle with Chlorophyte Bullets in case my aim started going to :red:, and I loaded up on potions. As far as I'm concerned, that thing is far too much of an unbalanced :red:show for an arena to work.

Something something Boulder, something something Juked into triggering Explosives.
I don't remember very well.

No I have not, though I'm working with one guy to add in several ideas in as a mod.
He seems to never be on much, though, so I may revoke my permission if I don't see any progress with his mod soon. (And also a slight bit since he wanted to change the new gems in my Elemental Equipment suggestion to the Thorium ones; can you believe that?!)

Oh, well, that's an easy one: my very first suggestion.
I'm not gonna tell you which one that is, and it's not directly linked in my signature.

Do you play MTG or D&D?
I still really WANT to play D&D, but I have not been able to play either of them.

What is your favorite song in the calamity mod?
Oh, I have not touched Calamity past the first 2 minutes of playing. I vaguely remember hearing a song by... DM DORUKO(? I probably spelled that wrong), but it was so disgustingly non-Terraria that I didn't even bother remembering it. Let it be known now that I despise Calamity to the fullest extent.

Back
Top Bottom