Xbox One Saving & Auto Saving problem

I've recently been having a problem where the flower that indicates auto saving spins forever and I can't save and quit properly. I've tired turning off auto save but this issue still happens regardless. I am basically unable to even play do to it preventing saving thus making progressing impossible. I have tried restarting the console and it did nothing. I should note I mostly play offline as I dont have internet at home tho despite this my game is fully up to date. I just rarely have assess to the internet on my xbox.

Last edited:
Ok so a few days ago i posted about having issues being unable to save and quit along side auto saving not working properly. I think I know the problem but I don't really know what can be done to fix it. I think the issue is tied to how much of the world has been uncovered on the map. My world is a large world and ive been working on cleansing the world and probably about 60-75% of the world has been uncovered because of it. I think something to do with the map is causing it to not be able to save properly. I tested around with this to see if my guess was right by not uncovering any more of the world for a prolonged period of time and then seeing if it would save and I have no issues but if I continue uncovering the map the problem continues.

I've recently been having a problem where the flower that indicates auto saving spins forever and I can't save and quit properly. I've tired turning off auto save but this issue still happens regardless. I am basically unable to even play do to it preventing saving thus making progressing impossible. I have tried restarting the console and it did nothing. I should note I mostly play offline as I dont have internet at home tho despite this my game is fully up to date. I just rarely have assess to the internet on my xbox.
Ok so a few days ago i posted about having issues being unable to save and quit along side auto saving not working properly. I think I know the problem but I don't really know what can be done to fix it. I think the issue is tied to how much of the world has been uncovered on the map. My world is a large world and ive been working on cleansing the world and probably about 60-75% of the world has been uncovered because of it. I think something to do with the map is causing it to not be able to save properly. I tested around with this to see if my guess was right by not uncovering any more of the world for a prolonged period of time and then seeing if it would save and I have no issues but if I continue uncovering the map the problem continues.
Hi there @Edward Kunkemueller, sorry to hear that you are having this issue. You've done some great testing work and if you can reliably replicate that the uncovering of the map may be a piece of the puzzle, I would suggest sending your information straight to the developers, Pipeworks, here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

They likely won't reply as they can't respond to each individual, but be assured that sending in a bug report using that link goes directly to them. Be as detailed as possible, and if you can provide replication steps that would help as well.

Hi there @Edward Kunkemueller, sorry to hear that you are having this issue. You've done some great testing work and if you can reliably replicate that the uncovering of the map may be a piece of the puzzle, I would suggest sending your information straight to the developers, Pipeworks, here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

They likely won't reply as they can't respond to each individual, but be assured that sending in a bug report using that link goes directly to them. Be as detailed as possible, and if you can provide replication steps that would help as well.

I had actually already did that once the issue popped up and after I realized the map coverage may be tied to the issue. I mostly posted this here in case others have had the same issue and knew a way to fix it. I mean this issue literally prevents me from continuing to play as I haven't actually found the temple on the map yet (tho I know where it is) and uncovering it would cause the glitch thus it prevents progression.

I had actually already did that once the issue popped up and after I realized the map coverage may be tied to the issue. I mostly posted this here in case others have had the same issue and knew a way to fix it. I mean this issue literally prevents me from continuing to play as I haven't actually found the temple on the map yet (tho I know where it is) and uncovering it would cause the glitch thus it prevents progression.
I forget as I haven't played on console in awhile... are you able to disable the map from the main menu? I wonder if it would then let you play (but of course it's not a great workaround as you wouldn't have a map anymore).

I forget as I haven't played on console in awhile... are you able to disable the map from the main menu? I wonder if it would then let you play (but of course it's not a great workaround as you wouldn't have a map anymore).
I checked and ya u can disable the map. Tho i doubt that wouls fix the issue, the issue if tied to the map is likely do to too much of the map having to be registered As discovered at one time thus causing the RAM allocated to the game to run out. Plus disabling the map would still prevent me from being able to continue with cleansing the world as I wont be able to see where I need to spray and more so respray places that missed a few pieces. At this moment in testing if at vary least ur suggestion works but I'm not so sure it will.

Ok after testing it to see if turning off the map solved the issue it seems to solve the problem but it seems to be because when the map is turned off new parts of the map r not discovered when it's then turned back on. In other words if I spray a location while its disabled, exit, turn it back on and come back it's as If I never did it on the map. I believe this proves that the issue is directly tied to map coverage. Tho while disabling the map does solve the issue it creates a new problem of not being able to navigate through most the map. Granted I know the map fairly well but i don't know it perfectly, not to mention sense I'm cleansing the world I can't see spots I missed cuz as u might know if u have ever attempted to cleanse a world its vary easy to have missed just 1 piece of corruption/crimson or hallow and then need to retrace over previous sprayed areas. I can spray the areas ik I havent touched yet with no problem but there r parts i need to go back over and without being able to find them on the map thats gonna b a pain. Tho at vary least i can now progress if i so chose even if that means putting the cleansing on the back burner, tho i already have the hallow down to 10% and the corruption down to 2% on top of already having beat Plantera so worse comes to worse the spread won't b too bad, if anything i could just tread of some areas without tha map on that ik r hallowed/corrupt and spray them then. Tbh the not having a map is worse for my dude Dillion who has been playing through it with me as even know we both started in the map and have both played just as much he clearly doesn't know it as well as I do as he uses the map FAR more turn I do when going somewhere in it. Anyways I digress. Good idea thinking to disable the map tho. I never would have thought to try that even know I knew the problem was likely tied to the map xD

Back
Top Bottom